2015 5* DE CeCe Jefferson (Florida signee)

Skyler97

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody wanna shine some more light on this? This has peaked my interest? Did the Thompson hiring really sway him that much or what?

Have to imagine it's mostly speculation at this point, with all of this happening during a dead period. But it sounds optimistic. Hopefully we can keep trending through the weekend.

Anybody wanna shine some more light on this? This has peaked my interest? Did the Thompson hiring really sway him that much or what?

Possibly but guys don't actually usually give reasons for their pick. In this case specifically, there is no way Shannon Terry, aka Lucky, will say positive words about Auburn.

Have to imagine it's mostly speculation at this point,

Lucky picking anything for AU is usually not speculation. It's usually begrudging reality from his perspective.

signing day is still 3 weeks away, that is an eternity in the recruiting business, but I am barely able to contain my optimism on how this is all going to play out.....I know nothing more than what is written on several boards like this one, but I am beginning to think that this is going to be a dynamic class when all is said and done....I don't get too excited over recruiting anymore due to the way the recruits conduct themselves these days, but I sure am liking the direction that this year seems to be going

Lucky picking anything for AU is usually not speculation. It's usually begrudging reality from his perspective.

Any idea on how often his picks are on target? I know he knows when they are going to the bammers, but how often is he right when picking for the other schools?

Any idea on how often his picks are on target? I know he knows when they are going to the bammers, but how often is he right when picking for the other schools?

67% of the time...

http://247sports.com/User/Lucky/Predictions?PlayerInstitution.PrimaryPlayerSport.Recruitment.Year=2015&PlayerInstitution.PrimaryPlayerSport.Sport=Football

Going by what I just looked up, Shannon Terry is around 53.85% when picking Auburn, if I'm reading it correctly.

67% of the time...

http://247sports.com....Sport=Football

I aint got time to go through it right now but if somebody wants to do it accurately go through all the picks that have committed or signed and only look at AU's top targets.

Not to get any hopes up but I just saw that Shannon Terry of 247 CB'd CeCe to Auburn.

Oh my...that would be amazing. Just out of curiosity though, who is Shannon Terry?

Founder of 247 & a huge bammer. If he is saying AU we MUST BE in good shape.

Probably trolling.

One of my friends was downtown with Cece and Kerryon. He said they really hit it off and were talking about keeping the whole group together at Auburn next year.

One of my friends was downtown with Cece and Kerryon. He said they really hit it off and were talking about keeping the whole group together at Auburn next year.

That's what I want to hear

That's awesome! Did your friend hear anything else?

I would say we are up a little right now, but CC is going to be a hard one to pull.

I know we are still in it for some other guys who'd be great. But I'd be thrilled even if the only two more DL we got in this class were Cowart and CeCe.

Him and Cowert would be a dynamic duo. Throw in Holland too, and WOW.

5-star defensive end Byron Cowart discusses his Auburn visit and why the Tigers are in the mix.

Seffner, Fla.--One of the nation’s top defensive line prospects, five-star end Byron Cowart made his official visit to the Plains this weekend to see the Auburn Tigers. Getting a chance to sit down with Gus Malzahn, Will Muschamp, Rodney Garner, Travaris Robinson and the entire coaching staff, Cowart said overall the trip went great.

“What stood out was him (Muschamp) being there and Coach T Rob,” Cowart said. “When they say family you really can feel it. It’s crazy. A lot of guys that work there, like the AD (Jay Jacobs), they played there. That’s crazy. At least I know that if football doesn’t work, if everything was to go wrong in life, if I was to go there I could always come back home. They’ll take care of their guys.”

On the visit along with good friend and fellow five-star defensive end CeCe Jefferson as well as four-star linebacker Jeff Holland, Cowart said being able to be with them on the visit made things even better. As for the future, he said everyone will just have to wait and see.

“It was great,” Cowart said. “We just had fun. It felt like family, for real. This was the first time I was able to just go on a visit and relax. I asked my tough questions, but I felt at home. My mom liked it. Me, CeCe, Jeff, we all liked it. We’ll see.

“We’re all three going to stick together,” he added. “We’re all going to play at the same school because we know we can make an impact. One guy can’t make a difference at a school and I don’t think people understand that. You can be a great player, but you can’t make an impact going to a school by yourself. You’ve got to have a team, some guys that are going to go with you and change the whole program around.”

A prospect that has a plan for his future, Cowart wants to get into broadcast journalism down the road and that a focus. Because of that his visit was important to him because Auburn showed him the plan he was looking for to be successful on the next level.

“It was good,” Cowart said. “I’m happy the SEC Network has gotten bigger because it gives more SEC schools the opportunity or the benefit of the doubt. It wasn’t the biggest, but I know they’re going to build on it. I feel good about that area.

“My biggest thing is being able to intern and start my major as soon as I get on campus,” he added. “I’m really strong about that. A lot of schools will tell you that you can’t get into your actual major until your junior or sophomore year. If I keep doing what I’m supposed to be doing on the field, I would be going to the NFL. I’m not going into the draft without my degree. That’s why I don’t want to waste time. I had to make sure they had the three-year plan written out for me, and they did. That means they care about what I have to say and what I want to do. That means a lot.”

Cowart plans to make his decision on signing day and is expected to choose between Auburn, Florida and Florida State.

Him and Cowert would be a dynamic duo. Throw in Holland too, and WOW.

5-star defensive end Byron Cowart discusses his Auburn visit and why the Tigers are in the mix.

Seffner, Fla.--One of the nation’s top defensive line prospects, five-star end Byron Cowart made his official visit to the Plains this weekend to see the Auburn Tigers. Getting a chance to sit down with Gus Malzahn, Will Muschamp, Rodney Garner, Travaris Robinson and the entire coaching staff, Cowart said overall the trip went great.

“What stood out was him (Muschamp) being there and Coach T Rob,” Cowart said. “When they say family you really can feel it. It’s crazy. A lot of guys that work there, like the AD (Jay Jacobs), they played there. That’s crazy. At least I know that if football doesn’t work, if everything was to go wrong in life, if I was to go there I could always come back home. They’ll take care of their guys.”

On the visit along with good friend and fellow five-star defensive end CeCe Jefferson as well as four-star linebacker Jeff Holland, Cowart said being able to be with them on the visit made things even better. As for the future, he said everyone will just have to wait and see.

“It was great,” Cowart said. “We just had fun. It felt like family, for real. This was the first time I was able to just go on a visit and relax. I asked my tough questions, but I felt at home. My mom liked it. Me, CeCe, Jeff, we all liked it. We’ll see.

“We’re all three going to stick together,” he added. “We’re all going to play at the same school because we know we can make an impact. One guy can’t make a difference at a school and I don’t think people understand that. You can be a great player, but you can’t make an impact going to a school by yourself. You’ve got to have a team, some guys that are going to go with you and change the whole program around.”

A prospect that has a plan for his future, Cowart wants to get into broadcast journalism down the road and that a focus. Because of that his visit was important to him because Auburn showed him the plan he was looking for to be successful on the next level.

“It was good,” Cowart said. “I’m happy the SEC Network has gotten bigger because it gives more SEC schools the opportunity or the benefit of the doubt. It wasn’t the biggest, but I know they’re going to build on it. I feel good about that area.

“My biggest thing is being able to intern and start my major as soon as I get on campus,” he added. “I’m really strong about that. A lot of schools will tell you that you can’t get into your actual major until your junior or sophomore year. If I keep doing what I’m supposed to be doing on the field, I would be going to the NFL. I’m not going into the draft without my degree. That’s why I don’t want to waste time. I had to make sure they had the three-year plan written out for me, and they did. That means they care about what I have to say and what I want to do. That means a lot.”

Cowart plans to make his decision on signing day and is expected to choose between Auburn, Florida and Florida State.

Link for the article please.

Cowart sounds like a leader and like he's got a very good head on his shoulders. He's going to be successful, hopefully it's for us.

No doubt.

The comments that stood out to me was where he said guys go in thinking they are going to change a program... but it takes a team, great players to do that.

We needs more guys like this. Future leader right there.

War eagle

Archived