2015 5* DE CeCe Jefferson (Florida signee)

Skyler97

There has been confirmation that CeCe is going on an unofficial to Ole Miss this weekend. His own dime to visit Ole miss again.

I think this is where he goes in the end.

Has it been re-confirmed after AU coaches visited him tonight?

it was by an AU site yes

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So a few weeks ago he names OM his leader, and now it has been confirmed that he is going on his own dime to OM again (on an unofficial trip) this weekend. One of the AU sites has been pretty adamant about the fact that CeCe likes AU but is likes OM more at the moment.

I think it is pretty obvious where he is going unless BC and JH can talk him into going with them (hopefully to AU). I think the coaches are doing everything they can, and are not going to give up... but I am just trying to save people from getting too pumped up about getting this guy when many of the signs do not point to him going to AU.

Lance Thompson, Muschamp, Malzahn, Garner ... brought the whole team for the in-home visit.

B76u1wGIEAIHImu.jpg

This looks more like an "in restaurant" visit than a "in home" visit.

So a few weeks ago he names OM his leader, and now it has been confirmed that he is going on his own dime to OM again (on an unofficial trip) this weekend. One of the AU sites has been pretty adamant about the fact that CeCe likes AU but is likes OM more at the moment.

I think it is pretty obvious where he is going unless BC and JH can talk him into going with them (hopefully to AU). I think the coaches are doing everything they can, and are not going to give up... but I am just trying to save people from getting too pumped up about getting this guy when many of the signs do not point to him going to AU.

If he ultimately intends to sign with OM, why would he state that he Holland and Cowart would all go to the same school? I haven't seen any reports indicating that either Holland or Cowart are remotely interested in OM.

If he ultimately intends to sign with OM, why would he state that he Holland and Cowart would all go to the same school? I haven't seen any reports indicating that either Holland or Cowart are remotely interested in OM.

It is interesting. May just be HS kids being HS kids. Lots of people that follow recruiting very closely are still picking CeCe to Ole Miss.

As has been expressed elsewhere, you can't assume that what a high school kid says is going to happen is actually going to happen. That doesn't make them disingenuous, that just makes them human.

Also, I'm not sure if Jefferson was really the one out of the three who was most vociferous about that.

I wouldn't read too much into his posture in that picture. "Mean-mugging" and not smiling is just a cool thing to do now, and guys do it in a lot of pictures. It doesn't necessarily mean he isn't having a good time

I wouldn't read too much into his posture in that picture. "Mean-mugging" and not smiling is just a cool thing to do now, and guys do it in a lot of pictures. It doesn't necessarily mean he isn't having a good time

A lede/tease from a Rivals tweet suggested that he called the visit "phenomenal".

Cowart will go to AU or UF.. Both have his major whereas FSU doesn't. His education is very important to him and he would get early playing time at both schools. Holland will probably follow him wherever he goes. CeCe on the other hand, I have never felt good about landing. If Cowart and Holland both decide to go to AU, then that give us a chance with CeCe, but I think he'll go his own way.

As has been expressed elsewhere, you can't assume that what a high school kid says is going to happen is actually going to happen. That doesn't make them disingenuous, that just makes them human.

Also, I'm not sure if Jefferson was really the one out of the three who was most vociferous about that.

But he's the only one of the three I've seen actually verbalize it to the media.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/sports/2015/01/21/top-recruit-cece-jefferson-confirms-package-deal-rumor/22133329/

WDE!

The whole package deal thing reminds me of the Miami Heat, which doesn't sit well with me at all.

They won a couple of games after landing that package deal, no?

But he's the only one of the three I've seen actually verbalize it to the media.

http://www.firstcoas...rumor/22133329/

WDE!

I stand corrected! Thanks

Also, 85-man roster vs. 10-man roster.

Also, 3 high school kids vs. 3 veteran NBA superstars.

Also, 3 guys trying to give themselves the best chance of getting to the NFL and being able to provide for their families vs. 3 guys who were already wealthy beyond their wildest dreams.

The whole package deal thing reminds me of the Miami Heat, which doesn't sit well with me at all.

I was talking more about how it was done. Media driven... Attention driven. I know these are just 18 year olds having fun, but I think everyone can admit it gets old after awhile.

I was talking more about how it was done. Media driven... Attention driven. I know these are just 18 year olds having fun, but I think everyone can admit it gets old after awhile.

I agree on the media part. I don't fault the kids so much.

When we stop tuning into the live feeds of these announcement ceremonies we claim to hate so much, and quit obsessively analyzing these tweets we claim to hate so much, and quit hitting refresh on aufamily/twitter/rivals/etc non-stop on NSD, then we can bitch if the kids go looking for attention. As things stand now, they're mostly only responding to the (fairly disgusting amount of) attention they're already receiving.

The way the Heat went about their thing was awful. Even Lebron James agrees with you about that.

When we stop tuning into the live feeds of these announcement ceremonies we claim to hate so much, and quit obsessively analyzing these tweets we claim to hate so much, and quit hitting refresh on aufamily/twitter/rivals/etc non-stop on NSD, then we can bitch if the kids go looking for attention. As things stand now, they're mostly only responding to the (fairly disgusting amount of) attention they're already receiving.

The way the Heat went about their thing was awful. Even Lebron James agrees with you about that.

Very true! I'm not going to lie, I hope all three do attend the same university. I will take my chances with Auburn over Florida with their current situations.

Very true! I'm not going to lie, I hope all three do attend the same university. I will take my chances with Auburn over Florida with their current situations.

WDE!

http://www.firstcoas...rumor/22133329/

WDE!

I stand corrected! Thanks

I was right there with you until I saw that on another site this morning. I'm still not sure what to make of it.

WDE!

A lede/tease from a Rivals tweet suggested that he called the visit "phenomenal".

Awesome. Can some one post this. Don't have Twitter.

Archived