2015 5* DE CeCe Jefferson (Florida signee)

Skyler97

Unless Ole Miss is paying their recruits, I don't think we miss on this guy!

Uhh have you seen their recruiting under Freeze? What would lead you to believe they're NOT paying recruits?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uhh have you seen their recruiting under Freeze? What would lead you to believe they're NOT paying recruits?

Definitely odd that an offensive coach is only average at getting offensive talent but great at getting defensive talent...leads me to believe that it may not be Freeze so much as someone on the defensive staff...

OM got Treadwell and Tunsil, 2 very highly rated offensive players. They have been recruiting very well across the board. FWIW, I agree with NachoHunter. Go back and look at Jefferson's pics from his in-home with OM vs AU.

Definitely odd that an offensive coach is only average at getting offensive talent but great at getting defensive talent...leads me to believe that it may not be Freeze so much as someone on the defensive staff...

Tried to copy and paste but my phone wouldn't cooperate. Go look at their insane 2013 class-- Plenty of 4 and 5* offensive talent.

I think CeCe is going to be a Rebel. From what I can tell he loves Ole Miss and loves coach Freeze.

Sure hope you are wrong and he ends up at Auburn!

I think CeCe is going to be a Rebel. From what I can tell he loves Ole Miss and loves coach Freeze.

Ole Mi$$

Cause Auburn doesn't pay players, right?

Exactly. ;)

Ole Miss had a really god defense ansd he will only make it better. If they get better qb play than Wallace gave them, they'll be that much tougher to beat.

They got a couple of decent ones coming in. Not sure about Jim Kelly's nephew because he's a turd but they should be better next year, IF qb plays well. former auburn commit could be starter at tailback

Machine Gun Kelly isn't the answer. They don't have a QB better than Bo. For any issues he had on the field, he was still one of the most successful guys ever to play the position in Oxford.

Machine Gun Kelly isn't the answer. They don't have a QB better than Bo. For any issues he had on the field, he was still one of the most successful guys ever to play the position in Oxford.

Kelly gets in trouble too much. Reminds me of our former KY QB that did not last.

Kelly gets in trouble too much. Reminds me of our former KY QB that did not last.

machine gun Kelly...now I hope he becomes their starter :)

Pike and Kelly were the roommates at the Elite 11. Jim Kelly and Mark Pike used to play for Buffalo Bills. Too much swag...

Pike and Kelly were the roommates at the Elite 11. Jim Kelly and Mark Pike used to play for Buffalo Bills. Too much swag...

this gets even better

How bout that. Spoiled kids.

why would a 5 star player go to Ole Miss when he and the rest of the players for Ole Miss know that a NC, much less SEC title is almost 99.9% never to happen? This i.s just the plain cold facts nothing more or less.

Depends on if it's a "business decision" or not I guess. Ole Miss is nice but it's a campus if 14,000 students in the middle of nowhere Mississippi. Does the team party hardy with the students? Yes.

why would a 5 star player go to Ole Miss when he and the rest of the players for Ole Miss know that a NC, much less SEC title is almost 99.9% never to happen? This i.s just the plain cold facts nothing more or less.

I think the SEC championship is attainable if they continue to recruit kids like CeCe. Maybe not every year, but I think its attainable. I think they made a step in the right direction this year. freeze said when he came to Oxford his first focus was rebuilding the defense. He's done that, now if he can manufacture a better offense it will be no surprise to me to see Ole Miss in the SEC championship game in the next four years.

But what you are I think should be their reasons for going somewhere necessarily these kids'. Maybe he just really likes the coaches, the players, the school? Ole Miss is a solid program. They have a solid defense. They are going to send a lot of defensive players to the NFL in the next couple of years. He will have a great experience there or at any of the schools he is looking at I'm sure. Frankly I would want to go to school where I felt the most comfortable, who knows what his reasons are?

CeCe wants to play somewhere he can be The Man. I don't mean that in a negative way. He just wants to stand out somewhere. He likes Bama, but he would just be another guy there. UF is UF right now, so they are out. He would like to play with Cowart, but he is more likely to take his own path.

Going to be interesting coming down to NSD to see what happens with Holland, and Arden Key. With Key visiting this last weekend, and spots being few and far between. Key really likes LSU as well.

Well doc you know that players choose to go to a particular school for a variety of reasons. Winning a conference or national championship is not necessarily their top priority. We could spend eons discussing them but sometimes they just like one place more than another.

Well doc you know that players choose to go to a particular school for a variety of reasons. Winning a conference or national championship is not necessarily their top priority. We could spend eons discussing them but sometimes they just like one place more than another.

Absolutely. And who ever said picking a school for a chance at a collegiate Natty is the end all be all reason anyway? I imagine his ultimate goal is to get to the league. More superstars play in the NFL that didn't win a college title than do. Non-factor imo.

CeCe wants to play somewhere he can be The Man. I don't mean that in a negative way. He just wants to stand out somewhere. He likes Bama, but he would just be another guy there. UF is UF right now, so they are out. He would like to play with Cowart, but he is more likely to take his own path.

Going to be interesting coming down to NSD to see what happens with Holland, and Arden Key. With Key visiting this last weekend, and spots being few and far between. Key really likes LSU as well.

you are just throwing away his quotes on needing guys to build a team, on the package deal?

Archived