2015 5* DE CeCe Jefferson (Florida signee)

Skyler97

I wouldn't read too much into his posture in that picture. "Mean-mugging" and not smiling is just a cool thing to do now, and guys do it in a lot of pictures. It doesn't necessarily mean he isn't having a good time

A lede/tease from a Rivals tweet suggested that he called the visit "phenomenal".

Awesome. Can some one post this. Don't have Twitter.

Five-star DE calls in-house visit with #Auburn coaches “phenomenal”: http://bit.ly/1ySx3dB ($)

@Allie_Davison

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't read too much into his posture in that picture. "Mean-mugging" and not smiling is just a cool thing to do now, and guys do it in a lot of pictures. It doesn't necessarily mean he isn't having a good time

A lede/tease from a Rivals tweet suggested that he called the visit "phenomenal".

Five-star DE calls in-house visit with #Auburn coaches “phenomenal”: http://bit.ly/1ySx3dB ($)

@Allie_Davison

Let the record show that I believed you without the link, McDoofus.

Five-star DE calls in-house visit with #Auburn coaches "phenomenal": http://bit.ly/1ySx3dB ($)

@Allie_Davison

Noted, you bully.

Five-star DE calls in-house visit with #Auburn coaches "phenomenal": http://bit.ly/1ySx3dB ($)

@Allie_Davison

Noted, you bully.

Y'all are sharing too much of that po TAH to vodka.

:laugh:

@Allie_Davison

Noted, you bully.

Y'all are sharing too much of that po TAH to vodka.

:laugh:

Should have used Russian Vodka.. That stuff will kick you in the pants, among other places.

Derek Tyson ✔ @DerekTysonESPN

Follow

CeCe Jefferson, via DM, on if Brad Lawing to #FSU would affect his top five: "Dang right. I love coach Lawing!"

8:03 PM - 22 Jan 2015

76 RETWEETS 47 FAVORITES

Retweet

Favorite

So do we think this is a serious possibility that this one coach that wasn't even retained by FL could influence 2 of the top recruits in the country in CeCe and Cowart to go to FSU when both had already eliminated FSU? That would be pretty poor reasoning to pick a school you had already decided not to go to....

So do we think this is a serious possibility that this one coach that wasn't even retained by FL could influence 2 of the top recruits in the country in CeCe and Cowart to go to FSU when both had already eliminated FSU? That would be pretty poor reasoning to pick a school you had already decided not to go to....

To be fair, you could replace FSU wil Auburn in that post and it would still be true. Granted I think Muschamp is/should be a bigger deal than Lawing. But who knows, relationships are important in recruiting.

Why would he want to go to a team that's never even made an appearance in the SECCG, much less won one?

Why would he want to go to a team that's never even made an appearance in the SECCG, much less won one?

Maybe he wants to help them get there and believes he can be a reason for it. Maybe he feels comfortable with the atmosphere at Oxford. It could be any number of reasons.

To be fair, FSU does have the toughest path to it.

Maybe he wants to help them get there and believes he can be a reason for it. Maybe he feels comfortable with the atmosphere at Oxford. It could be any number of reasons.

I remember during the All American games that one player said that several coaches around the conference told him that the NCAA was about to come down on Ole Miss. I cant remember what player said it though.

CeCe is going to be bouncing around all over the place between now and NSD. I don't see any firm commitment out of him for anyone until then or just shortly before.

I agree with this.

To be fair, FSU does have the toughest path to it.

Crickets?

Excellent point, they've got an impossible path.

To be fair, you could replace FSU wil Auburn in that post and it would still be true. Granted I think Muschamp is/should be a bigger deal than Lawing. But who knows, relationships are important in recruiting.

Actually, Lawing to FSU is one position coach to a school that had been eliminated as an option, AU changed the entire defensive staff....not nearly the same IYAM..

Everybody is analyzing this coach moved another coach left another place and other theories and with some kids they are logical and methodical and look at academics, PT, quality of the program,coaches, etc. and then some kids just pick a school on a whim with no rhyme or reason. I know I graduated from Mission Bay HS in Mission Bay, Ca. I had been accepted on an NROTC scholarship to Penn State I have never been to Auburn had never been to the state of Alabama and a friend and not even that close a friend who was a year ahead of me when we were ay Quantico HS in Virginia in my junior year (Military Brat we moved a lot) sent me a letter and said come down to Auburn and on a whim I did. That was in 1969 and I have never regretted that whim.

Some of these athletes are just as messed up and illogical as I was. Now I am praying for whim that makes him come to Auburn

Everybody is analyzing this coach moved another coach left another place and other theories and with some kids they are logical and methodical and look at academics, PT, quality of the program,coaches, etc. and then some kids just pick a school on a whim with no rhyme or reason. I know I graduated from Mission Bay HS in Mission Bay, Ca. I had been accepted on an NROTC scholarship to Penn State I have never been to Auburn had never been to the state of Alabama and a friend and not even that close a friend who was a year ahead of me when we were ay Quantico HS in Virginia in my junior year (Military Brat we moved a lot) sent me a letter and said come down to Auburn and on a whim I did. That was in 1969 and I have never regretted that whim.

Some of these athletes are just as messed up and illogical as I was. Now I am praying for whim that makes him come to Auburn

We should just pin a thread listing the reasons that kids choose the colleges they attend. It would be far longer than many here expect, I think- I'm sure folks could come up with plenty of reasons I hadn't thought of- and it would be a good reminder to many others who can't otherwise piece together why so-and-so chose such-and-such U.

Cool story, btw.

I still think Jefferson signs with Auburn. Unless Ole Miss is paying their recruits, I don't think we miss on this guy! We have Cowart and Holland locked up. I think Holland tagged along to make sure that Jefferson stuck to the plan.

Just my opinion but I think this visit probably wraps CeCe up for Miss. Now, I just hope Holland falls on our side of the 'package deal'

what ? Why do you think that. Did you hear something

Just my opinion but I think this visit probably wraps CeCe up for Miss. Now, I just hope Holland falls on our side of the 'package deal'

Maybe while out hunting nachos? Unless of course the name means not yo Hunter ...then it would be while not out hunting you...tough to tell for sure

Maybe while out hunting nachos? Unless of course the name means not yo Hunter ...then it would be while not out hunting you...tough to tell for sure

ha. :D

Hard to find good nachos, dude. I'm just doing my part for the benefit of nacho lovers everywhere.

No, I didn't hear anything. As stated it's an opinion. I know Twitter is not reliable, but I get a much more excited feel from his posts from Oxford than I did from Auburn. Add to that Miss has been his leader and we only recently cracked the top 3 and I, personally, think he's not coming our way.

Hope I'm wrong.

Archived