21 Christians Beheaded

Proud Tiger

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

aubfaninga.......first read the last line in Auburno6's post #6 above. That's the point.

The Quaran 2:191 says "and kill them wherever you find them...." That has often been interpreted by any as saying Islamists should kill infidels (non believers). That is what I was asking Auburn06. OK?

To be clear...... think ISIS is a bunch of extremist Islamic terrorists., and I think Aubun06and I agreed on that. That is what Obama won't call them and I far from being by myself in being critical of him for that unless you live in a cave.

In any event, the thread topic is about Christians being beheaded, not a theological discussion of Islam.

Well I hope Auburn06 will respond. I asked a muslim to help me with given verse. This is just some of the highlights of her reply.

"Fight in the way of Allah those who fight you but do not transgress. Indeed. Allah does not like transgressors"

"And kill them wherever you overtake them and expel them from wherever they have expelled you, and fitnah is worse than killing. And do not fight them at al-Masjid al- Haram until they fight you there. But if they fight you, then kill them. Such is the recompense of the disbelievers."

"And if they cease, then indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful."

"Fight them until there is no [more] fitnah and [until] worship is [acknowledged to be] for Allah . But if they cease, then there is to be no aggression except against the oppressors."

She claims this confirms that muslim have the right to defend themselves against violence but she points out "transgressing against Allahs ways". She claims ISIS may in fact be infidels despite the fact that they call themselves muslim. No different than I may not view a child molesting preacher as a true Christian.

Even if a Muslim deemed someone an infidel, according to the Quran, he is still obligated to:

1. Behave with courtesy :

Consider, for instance, the following verse, which is supposed to instruct Muslims as to how they should deal with non-Muslims in the midst of hostilities (such as war): 9:6 And if any of the Idolatries (who are fighting you) seeks thy protection, grant him protection, so that he might [be able to] hear the word of God [from thee]; and thereupon convey him to a place where he can feel secure:

If Muslims are to behave with such clemency and magnanimity vis-a-vis the infidel during times of war and conflict, how much more should be expected of their interactions with non-Muslims during times of peace?

2. Respect his freedom of choice to be a "Disbeliever" - as this is a right bestowed upon humanity by God:

Quran 18:29 proclaims, "The truth is from your Lord": it is the free will of any person to believe (in God) or to be an Infidel (Un believer).

3. Even if a Muslim should be convinced that someone is a non-believer, still he must accept that his fate is in the hands of God alone, since no one human can condemn another - this must be left to the judgment of God.

Quran 88:25-26 for behold, unto (ONLY) Us (means God) will be their return, Then it will be for (ONLY) Us to Judge (humans).

22:17 Those who believe (in the Qur'an), those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Sabians (can mean an ancient religion or people with no specific religion), Christians, Magians, and Polytheists,- God will judge between them on the Day of Judgment: for God (alone) is witness of all things.

{my commentary}

(In the face of violence a muslim has every right to "kill them all and let GOD sort them out". She points out that this is sometimes heard as a battle cry from American Soldiers in the middle east.)

Only Allah can judge non aggressive non believers as true Infidels. To better comprehend why it is that humans are not capable (or allowed) to pass judgment against their fellow man, I offer the following analogy: Consider, for a moment, a long, stretching river - let's call it "The River of Truth." People are swimming at various points along this river. Now, let’s assume that absolute truth lay at the very end of the river, say, point 100. Based on this, we would assume that the person swimming alongside point 95 is closer to the Truth - and therefore better - than the person swimming alongside point 5.

However, what if the fact was that the closer person had started out at 100, and had actually drifted away from the truth by 5, whereas the further person had actually started at 0 and was now 5 closer to the Truth? While it would be impossible for us to know this - it is not impossible for God, for He would certainly know this about both persons, He would know that the person on 5 was striving hard (that is, performing Jihad) for Truth's sake. Based on this all too plausible scenario, it becomes obvious that in the eyes of God, the man on point 5 of the River of Truth is better than the person on point 95. It is for this very reason that the Quran has unequivocally stated that ONLY God can pass judgment on humans:

22:17
Those who believe (in the Qur'an), those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Sabians (can mean certain ancient religion or people with no specific religion), Christians, Magians, and Polytheists,- God will judge between them on the Day of Judgment: for God (alone) is witness of all things.

As finite humans we do not possess the foreknowledge of God and thus we are in no position to pass judgment over others.

Of course, we are capable of distinguishing between good and bad deeds - however, without the omniscience of God, we cannot judge this person or that as being either good or bad (as demonstrated earlier). If anyone had seen Prophet Ibrahim (Abraham) (PBUH) as he worshiped various planets and stars, as well as the moon and sun, before he at last came to worship the true God (as recorded in the Quran as well ancient Jewish scriptures), they would have considered him a "mushrik"—that is, an idolater or simply, an infidel. In fact, God Himself was pleased with Ibrahim since he was at least making a sincere effort to find the true God.

Quran 6:75
And thus We gave Abraham [his first] insight into [God's] mighty dominion over the heavens and the earth - and [this] to the end that he might become one of those who are inwardly sure.

Quran 6:76
Then, when the night overshadowed him with its darkness, he beheld a star, [and] he exclaimed, "This is my Sustainer!" -but when it went down, he said, "I love not the things that go down."

Quran 6:77
Then, when he beheld the moon rising, he said, "This is my Sustainer!"-but when it went down, he said, "Indeed, if my Sustainer guide me not. I will most certainly become one of the people who go astray!"

Quran 6:78
Then, when he beheld the sun rising, he said, "This is my Sustainer! This one is the greatest [of all]!" - but when it [too] went down, he exclaimed: "O my people! Behold, far be it from me to ascribe divinity, as you do, to aught beside God!

Quran 6:79
Behold, unto Him who brought into being the heavens and the earth have I turned my face, having turned away from all that is false; and I am not of those who ascribe divinity to aught beside Him."

OK so they are extremist Islamic terrorists and we are off topic. The a-holes beheaded 21 Christians , they are evil, and should e destroyed.

definitely, not sure why we as a country are sitting back doing nothing about it.

Nothing?

There have been 2,000+ airstrikes against Da'esh. Can you guess who is responsible for the vast majority of them?

Needle pricks. But I'm not sure we have the leadership to launch an all out war so I'm fine with the current strategy.

That's leadership we could do without.

aubfaninga.......first read the last line in Auburno6's post #6 above. That's the point.

The Quaran 2:191 says "and kill them wherever you find them...." That has often been interpreted by any as saying Islamists should kill infidels (non believers). That is what I was asking Auburn06. OK?

To be clear...... think ISIS is a bunch of extremist Islamic terrorists., and I think Aubun06and I agreed on that. That is what Obama won't call them and I far from being by myself in being critical of him for that unless you live in a cave.

In any event, the thread topic is about Christians being beheaded, not a theological discussion of Islam.

Do you understand why that is?

Do you understand that is exactly what the terrorist would like for us to do?

They do not want a war on terror. They want a holy war. Do we want a religious war?

Is it wise to temper our own words? Do we really want to play into the hands of the terrorists? Do we want to radicalize Islamic moderates. Do we want to encourage some of our own "would be" radicals?

He is apparently incapable of recognizing that nuance.

It's the same as referring to the Olympic bomber as a "Christian" terrorist every time he was mentioned. After all, look at the results of the USA Today Poll I posted in a different thread. Is that something that should be encouraged or discouraged?

(And please, spare me the responses pointing out the differences in scale. It's the qualitative aspect I am illustrating)

Of course it does....it always does.

We don't have the proper leadership in place.....IE ^^^^^^^^^^^^ Beyond that, we don't need to go back in right now. Let the Jordans of the world give it a go.

I guess we disagree. I think they believe they are the true Islamists.

No doubt. That would be typical of any religious extremist.

Except not just " any " religious extremists are beheading people, are they ?

No. It's mostly Islamic ones, for now.

See, even saying " mostly " is underselling it. 99% is more like it. Plus, the " for now " part is what throws some into fits of exasperation. It's almost as if you're saying " Sure, it's bad, but man, if Christians start doing this OMG! It'll be really REALLY bad !!!

It's really REALLY bad NOW.

And there's nothing to suggest that Christians or Jews or even Kurds will start recipricating with this sort of barbarism. And yet , you couch the discussion as if that's where we're headed, if anyone decides to stand up to these degenerates.

Let's hope it doesn't spread. The last thing the world needs is a generalized religious war. Right?

Open war is upon us NOW, whether you want to accept it or not.

Well I hope Auburn06 will respond. I asked a muslim to help me with given verse. This is just some of the highlights of her reply.

"Fight in the way of Allah those who fight you but do not transgress. Indeed. Allah does not like transgressors"

"And kill them wherever you overtake them and expel them from wherever they have expelled you, and fitnah is worse than killing. And do not fight them at al-Masjid al- Haram until they fight you there. But if they fight you, then kill them. Such is the recompense of the disbelievers."

"And if they cease, then indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful."

"Fight them until there is no [more] fitnah and [until] worship is [acknowledged to be] for Allah . But if they cease, then there is to be no aggression except against the oppressors."

She claims this confirms that muslim have the right to defend themselves against violence but she points out "transgressing against Allahs ways". She claims ISIS may in fact be infidels despite the fact that they call themselves muslim. No different than I may not view a child molesting preacher as a true Christian.

Even if a Muslim deemed someone an infidel, according to the Quran, he is still obligated to:

1. Behave with courtesy :

Consider, for instance, the following verse, which is supposed to instruct Muslims as to how they should deal with non-Muslims in the midst of hostilities (such as war): 9:6 And if any of the Idolatries (who are fighting you) seeks thy protection, grant him protection, so that he might [be able to] hear the word of God [from thee]; and thereupon convey him to a place where he can feel secure:

If Muslims are to behave with such clemency and magnanimity vis-a-vis the infidel during times of war and conflict, how much more should be expected of their interactions with non-Muslims during times of peace?

2. Respect his freedom of choice to be a "Disbeliever" - as this is a right bestowed upon humanity by God:

Quran 18:29 proclaims, "The truth is from your Lord": it is the free will of any person to believe (in God) or to be an Infidel (Un believer).

3. Even if a Muslim should be convinced that someone is a non-believer, still he must accept that his fate is in the hands of God alone, since no one human can condemn another - this must be left to the judgment of God.

Quran 88:25-26 for behold, unto (ONLY) Us (means God) will be their return, Then it will be for (ONLY) Us to Judge (humans).

22:17 Those who believe (in the Qur'an), those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Sabians (can mean an ancient religion or people with no specific religion), Christians, Magians, and Polytheists,- God will judge between them on the Day of Judgment: for God (alone) is witness of all things.

{my commentary}

(In the face of violence a muslim has every right to "kill them all and let GOD sort them out". She points out that this is sometimes heard as a battle cry from American Soldiers in the middle east.)

Only Allah can judge non aggressive non believers as true Infidels. To better comprehend why it is that humans are not capable (or allowed) to pass judgment against their fellow man, I offer the following analogy: Consider, for a moment, a long, stretching river - let's call it "The River of Truth." People are swimming at various points along this river. Now, let’s assume that absolute truth lay at the very end of the river, say, point 100. Based on this, we would assume that the person swimming alongside point 95 is closer to the Truth - and therefore better - than the person swimming alongside point 5.

However, what if the fact was that the closer person had started out at 100, and had actually drifted away from the truth by 5, whereas the further person had actually started at 0 and was now 5 closer to the Truth? While it would be impossible for us to know this - it is not impossible for God, for He would certainly know this about both persons, He would know that the person on 5 was striving hard (that is, performing Jihad) for Truth's sake. Based on this all too plausible scenario, it becomes obvious that in the eyes of God, the man on point 5 of the River of Truth is better than the person on point 95. It is for this very reason that the Quran has unequivocally stated that ONLY God can pass judgment on humans:

22:17
Those who believe (in the Qur'an), those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Sabians (can mean certain ancient religion or people with no specific religion), Christians, Magians, and Polytheists,- God will judge between them on the Day of Judgment: for God (alone) is witness of all things.

As finite humans we do not possess the foreknowledge of God and thus we are in no position to pass judgment over others.

Of course, we are capable of distinguishing between good and bad deeds - however, without the omniscience of God, we cannot judge this person or that as being either good or bad (as demonstrated earlier). If anyone had seen Prophet Ibrahim (Abraham) (PBUH) as he worshiped various planets and stars, as well as the moon and sun, before he at last came to worship the true God (as recorded in the Quran as well ancient Jewish scriptures), they would have considered him a "mushrik"—that is, an idolater or simply, an infidel. In fact, God Himself was pleased with Ibrahim since he was at least making a sincere effort to find the true God.

Quran 6:75
And thus We gave Abraham [his first] insight into [God's] mighty dominion over the heavens and the earth - and [this] to the end that he might become one of those who are inwardly sure.

Quran 6:76
Then, when the night overshadowed him with its darkness, he beheld a star, [and] he exclaimed, "This is my Sustainer!" -but when it went down, he said, "I love not the things that go down."

Quran 6:77
Then, when he beheld the moon rising, he said, "This is my Sustainer!"-but when it went down, he said, "Indeed, if my Sustainer guide me not. I will most certainly become one of the people who go astray!"

Quran 6:78
Then, when he beheld the sun rising, he said, "This is my Sustainer! This one is the greatest [of all]!" - but when it [too] went down, he exclaimed: "O my people! Behold, far be it from me to ascribe divinity, as you do, to aught beside God!

Quran 6:79
Behold, unto Him who brought into being the heavens and the earth have I turned my face, having turned away from all that is false; and I am not of those who ascribe divinity to aught beside Him."

I know all this, have read most of these verses...Islam is very misunderstood...

They do not want a war on terror. They want a holy war. Do we want a religious war?

Is it wise to temper our own words? Do we really want to play into the hands of the terrorists? Do we want to radicalize Islamic moderates. Do we want to encourage some of our own "would be" radicals?

The time for worrying about ALL that is long gone. We need to do what Obama said he was going to do...."degrade and destroy ISIL"..that is an exact quote. He's not dong a damned thing thats actually getting that done, presumably, because he and his ilk have persuaded so many like you that the whole thing is our fault anyway and we shouldn't do anything else to stir it up further. We need to do what HE said HE was going to do, period!

The time for worrying about ALL that is long gone. We need to do what Obama said he was going to do...."degrade and destroy ISIL"..that is an exact quote. He's not dong a damned thing thats actually getting that done, presumably, because he and his ilk have persuaded so many like you that the whole thing is our fault anyway and we shouldn't do anything else to stir it up further. We need to do what HE said HE was going to do, period!

Just as long as someone else's sons or daughters is doing the fighting, right?

I quoted Obama. Are yo saying he didn't say that? BTW, I have a daughter who is active duty Air Force and she doesn't post in a politics forum all day long, everyday, day in and day out like you do. What? Are you worried about not having time to waste ALL DAY in here everyday?

I quoted Obama. Are yo saying he didn't say that?

I dont' care what he said. I'm asking you are you willing to give up you son, daughter, grandson, daughter for this fight? If we are going to launch this total war we will need them.

I dont' care what he said. I'm asking you are you willing to give up you son, daughter, grandson, daughter for this fight? If we are going to launch this total war we will need them.

I answered your stupid effin question already. Seems to me, all you're worried about is having to actually do something....anything, beside waste endless hours on end in this pointless and obscure forum defending the liberal agenda.

I answered your stupid effin question already. Seems to me, all you're worried about is having to actually do something....anything, beside waste endless hours on end in this pointless and obscure forum defending the liberal agenda.

So that would be a no. Chickenhawk.....

10996590_807505792670352_5700368219764095013_n.jpg?oh=fada8064ea158d82df4d49636b6dc075&oe=55490DD4&__gda__=1434956637_2e77dd5d3f2673b72763ec24773522c7

If Obama never golfed, terrorism would go away.

If I were President, I'd spend a lot less time on the course and more time working for the people. But hey, it is what it is.

If I were President, I'd spend a lot less time on the course and more time working for the people. But hey, it is what it is.

I agree, this guy thinks his time as president is his "vacation time".

Grandfathers, Fathers, sons and daughters have fought evil over the years to preserve our freedom. What's different about today?

But I would note.......Obama is not a vet.

Grandfathers, Fathers, sons and daughters have fought evil over the years to preserve our freedom. What's different about today?

But I would note.......Obama is not a vet.

Yeah, but it's not required to be a good commander in chief. You have to have your heart in it. It's not his MO.

Rubbish. You should strive to be more truthful.

Archived