2016 LB recruiting

War Eagle77

As it has been over a month, and our D has stepped up a bit lately with Lawson back out there, any thoughts on where we stand now with LB recruiting?

I wish we could swing Davis or Wilson here in state, man.

Yet another month is nearly gone and the LB recruiting appears to be stuck in the Autumn mud. We need two more top prospects to just tread water, let alone make progress at the positiion. Who/where/when? Anybody got any ideas?

See the Mcloud conversation, that same question was asked.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WDE just posted that until the CWM and USCe discussion ends, defensive recruiting is sort of in a holding position.

I did not expect the LBs we signed to be on the field much this season. I am sure CWM thoughts are in line with my thoughts. I hate throwing kids on the field until they are conditioned and ready to handle the rigors of playing SEC football just out of HS. I know some kids can do this, but I think next season they will be ready to contribute or start as first string LBs doing damage against the opposition.

I think we will have a solid class on both sides of the ball when it is all said and done.

Tre already took Kris' job once this year; then, we found a way to play them together more. Holland is going to be the OLB at one spot. The question mark is who takes Garrett's place.

With both Frost and McKinzy leaving who are the top candidates to replace them?

Frost, McKinzy and our most effective senior LB, Garrett are all done with their eligibility. Tre Williams has looked good. Beyond that, we're looking at what five years of insufficient recruiting at the position gets you. (The 2015 class was ok) Untried RS freshmen and sophomores that have played very little will be forced to carry the load next year.

Richard McBryde along with Atkinson

Atkinson is listed at 183 pounds. He better be super-mean if he's going to play LB.

Richard McBryde along with Atkinson

Atkinson is listed at 183 pounds. He better be super-mean if he's going to play LB.

Old age is kicking in but he still looks as mean as a yard dog.

With McCloud cancelling in home visit with us after Richt announced he is going to Miami, Bituli already committed to Tenn. Rashaun Smith only about a 30% chance it looks like we have struck out in LB area again. This is with Muschamp and Thompson two strong recruiters still on board. If Muschamp does leave us what is currently looking like a stellar class with exception of LB's could come crashing down.

I am not normally a negative Nancy but I was really looking forward to getting McCloud and it was looking so good before the coaching carousel started. I initially thought coaches leaving would help Auburn. But in this case it had opposite effect.

Please somebody give me could news on LB front and on Muschamp staying at Auburn.

It's not news, but I don't think Muschamp is going anywhere. Him leaving doesn't make any sense and things that don't make any sense seldom happen.

Good news on recruiting linebackers, that I ain't got.

I have a gut feeling that some linebackers will come on our radar that we have never previously discussed before, and ones that aren't 2 star players.

I have a gut feeling that some linebackers will come on our radar that we have never previously discussed before, and ones that aren't 2 star players.

Sounds like a tease! I hope we pull in some quality LBs from somewhere, anywhere.

Sounds like a tease! I hope we pull in some quality LBs from somewhere, anywhere.

It would only be a tease if I had actual inside information, which I don't. :/

Darn, got my hopes up there for a minute!

Darn, got my hopes up there for a minute!

Anytime somebody leads with "I have a gut feeling", believe them ;)

Archived