2016 LB recruiting

War Eagle77

Well... There's this 3 star guy Oving soon. Stephen David Jr is Oving this weekend. I think EMB might be coming back into play as well. There's still a chance for Ben Davis.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It appears that last year was an aberration in our perennial dismal linebacker recruiting. There's nothing wrong with this year's guy, Tre Thweat, but a college team can't run a good defense with one quality signee a year.

Well... There's this 3 star guy Oving soon. Stephen David Jr is Oving this weekend. I think EMB might be coming back into play as well. There's still a chance for Ben Davis.

Haven't heard much about this kid, Oving. Do we have a thread on him?

;)

It appears that last year was an aberration in our perennial dismal linebacker recruiting. There's nothing wrong with this year's guy, Tre Thweat, but a college team can't run a good defense with one quality signee a year.

Joshua Uche will OV. Maybe we will get him. WE/LB

http://247sports.com/Player/Joshua-Uche-78986

Joshua Uche will OV. Maybe we will get him. WE/LB

http://247sports.com/Player/Joshua-Uche-78986

This was the guy I was referring to. Good offer list.

What bothered me about LB recruiting this year with LT and Muschamp both known as top LB recruiters we didn't have much to show for it in the pipeline when they left. If we can pull a couple of solid LB's in addition to Tre then huge kudos to Wilson and Steele

What bothered me about LB recruiting this year with LT and Muschamp both known as top LB recruiters we didn't have much to show for it in the pipeline when they left. If we can pull a couple of solid LB's in addition to Tre then huge kudos to Wilson and Steele

Unfortunately, the number one linebacker recruiter lives a short distance to the west of Auburn and just won another national championship. That is going to be one of our issues until he moves on or we figure out how he's selling these kids on joining an already bloated linebacker group, and how to recruit against it.

Unfortunately, the number one linebacker recruiter lives a short distance to the west of Auburn and just won another national championship. That is going to be one of our issues until he moves on or we figure out how he's selling these kids on joining an already bloated linebacker group, and how to recruit against it.

Even that East Mississippi College can only recruit a limited number of linebackers maybe we have to look outside of our normal pipeline to recruit linebackers other SEC schools are recruiting Linebackers if we can't beat East Mississippi College for a linebacker maybe we can beat SC, or Tenn, or Vandy, or etc.

I would put money on it.

Let me take a minute and convince you to buy a condo in Kansas.

Don't need your short sale........................ ;) but I guarantee KS will deliver a LB or 2 or 3

Smart? Not even close. Saban, Cristobal(sp) and Lope(sp) are those guys. Kirby is ok but not the closer those other guys are.

Smart? Not even close. Saban, Cristobal(sp) and Lope(sp) are those guys. Kirby is ok but not the closer those other guys are.

I was referring to Saban. Smart is to the East now.

Even that East Mississippi College can only recruit a limited number of linebackers maybe we have to look outside of our normal pipeline to recruit linebackers other SEC schools are recruiting Linebackers if we can't beat East Mississippi College for a linebacker maybe we can beat SC, or Tenn, or Vandy, or etc.

You'd think, but, at last count they have around 6 more linebackers on their roster than we do, and are in line to potentially pull in another 5 this round.

I'm probably with Mickey on this one. Things are seeming somewhat dismal on this recruiting front.

LBer or overall? I agree on the LBer recruiting but over this is a great class IMO.

I'm pretty sure flex means LB's

I'm probably with Mickey on this one. Things are seeming somewhat dismal on this recruiting front.

LBer or overall? I agree on the LBer recruiting but over this is a great class IMO.

I'm pretty sure flex means LB's

Indeed, I'm seeing a lot of stockpiling on the offensive skill positions, and admittedly we are doing good in terms of getting defensive ends, though everything else is somewhat lacking, though I'm talking explicitly about LBs.

Flex, it sounds to me like you need to be darkening the doors of the athletic department early and often. I like your size at LB. can you smell the ball?

Does Mack Wilson or Ben Davis have any interest in Auburn?

Wilson no, Davis some (though few expect him to sign with Auburn).

He loves Coach Steele. We could make this closer than people think.

It doesn't matter how close we get. This isn't horseshoes. Georgia and Bama are leading right now and will more than likely stay that way. Other than him being nice to our coaches, I have seen no indications that he is more than just flirting with the thought of going to Auburn. Are we even going to have a hat on the table...lol

It doesn't matter how close we get. This isn't horseshoes. Georgia and Bama are leading right now and will more than likely stay that way. Other than him being nice to our coaches, I have seen no indications that he is more than just flirting with the thought of going to Auburn. Are we even going to have a hat on the table...lol

He's not the flirtinbg type. It's not in him or his family. He has & will give us an honest look. If we miss we miss. It's not cuz of some flirting.I don't know how many times that has to be pointed out. WDE has said it multiple times which should count for something.

Also if you are only flirting you don't tale double digit visits to a school throughout your recruitment. It means you have genuine interest.

Archived