2016 LB recruiting

War Eagle77

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sounds like Mbem-Bosse has pushed out his commitment date in an effort to get an offer from Ohio State. He says that he's now going to take his official visits and one of those will be to Ohio State. Since he is teammates with Antwaun Jackson, it's imperative that we don't let either one of those guys slip away.

It sounds like Mbem-Bosse has pushed out his commitment date in an effort to get an offer from Ohio State. He says that he's now going to take his official visits and one of those will be to Ohio State. Since he is teammates with Antwaun Jackson, it's imperative that we don't let either one of those guys slip away.

Yeah, that doesn't sound good.

McCloud (sp) signed grant in aid papers with Miami. Does Not

Mean he has to go there but it does not look great for us.

My guess is a lot depends on how Miami's season goes.

As I understand it, this actually makes Miami committed to McCloud. They MUST sign him, if he wants to go there. However, he can choose to go elsewhere. If Miami tanks this season and coaches are fired, my bet is he does just that.

As I understand it, this actually makes Miami committed to McCloud. They MUST sign him, if he wants to go there. However, he can choose to go elsewhere. If Miami tanks this season and coaches are fired, my bet is he does just that.

What are the details with they must sign him, they lose that scholarship spot?

Someone refresh my memory.

Thanks

If their coaches get fired and he's looking around for a place that has outstanding LB play he won't be looking at Auburn. LB has been the weakest position on our defense since Josh Bynes graduated after the 2010 season. Now, I expect Coach Hothead to fix that situation in a year or two but right now we're deplorable at the position.

If their coaches get fired and he's looking around for a place that has outstanding LB play he won't be looking at Auburn. LB has been the weakest position on our defense since Josh Bynes graduated after the 2010 season. Now, I expect Coach Hothead to fix that situation in a year or two but right now we're deplorable at the position.

Yep. And you are going to see some youth movement at LBer.

I noticed Tre Williams got some reps last Saturday. Any chance we'll see Holland at Mike or Will, or will he stay at Buck? I also saw Javy Mitchell and Cam Toney out there, but Toney was starting at Buck, I think? Anyway, hooray for real change.

I noticed Tre Williams got some reps last Saturday. Any chance we'll see Holland at Mike or Will, or will he stay at Buck? I also saw Javy Mitchell and Cam Toney out there, but Toney was starting at Buck, I think? Anyway, hooray for real change.

Given the accolades Holland received during his recruitment, and the poor play of our LBs, he is one player that I am surprised I haven't seen more of, especially since so many other true freshmen have seen considerable playing time.

Given the accolades Holland received during his recruitment, and the poor play of our LBs, he is one player that I am surprised I haven't seen more of, especially since so many other true freshmen have seen considerable playing time.

I think Holland has played in every game. I hope he gets more time though too.

Linebacker is one of the harder positions for a true freshman to play because of the different reads and complexity of the D. Usually you see True Freshmen in passing situations where they can just blitz and come hard. As the season progresses they get more PT However as bad as the play of some of the starters that may change.

So, we need to sign a minimum of three top linebacker prospects and four wouldn't be too many. We have one committed. Where are the others coming from?

Archived