2016 LB recruiting

War Eagle77

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the insight, Malcolm_FleX48 (great name, but will have to shorten it -- how's FleX?).

That's really interesting also from the standpoint of rumors of favoritism toward the offense. Some folks here have been focused on the lack of LBs for a while, now. Surprised to hear we saw more need for slot receivers.

Don't take this the wrong way, because I don't mean it to sound bad, at all. But one possibility is they were just looking for some reason to give you for not making the team. Do you know how many walkons made the team and at what positions?

Ah no, of course not, and there were somewhere in the number of 50, though they all received the same email as the one below, And this was only a day after, mine came literally 1 day after the acceptance ones and when I sent it to all my friends who had been rejected, they hadn't heard of any sort of email like that before. Also I talked to Casey afterwards who reaffirmed what was said stating the preference for WRs and not my performance. I'm not going to act like I was too good to not have made it, though I'd rather believe in the integrity of the staff to actually tell the truth because it seems like they'd have no reason to spare anyone's feelings. Not to mention player personnel is in charge of walk-on selection vs. the coaches.

And looking at the roster, the ones who were taken were WRs and small Scat Back types.

I know Coburn made it, as well as Ced

But here are the ones who made it:

http://www.auburntig...urn_990612.html

http://www.auburntig...ton_990614.html

http://www.auburntig...van_990616.html

http://www.auburntig...ers_990611.html

And looking at their positions, it would seem to correlate to who was taken. All WRs with one RB. So if I missed any I apologize but those are definitely all I know who came with.

Wow -- thanks!

I would've thought we'd have taken the best players, period. I'm definitely surprised to hear WR or scatback were higher priority than LB. But what do I know?

Eh, I was surprised as well haha. Not every day you get a 6'4-6'5 inside LB college transfer with a limited window of eligibility for the SEC, but it is what it is. I'm just transitioning into fandom right now I guess. Especially if my last school doesn't get the waiver through for me then I'll def be just a fan. But hey,

WDE

Are you still at Auburn, and are you still planning to try again?

Good luck to you, no matter what.

Unless my former school can push the waiver through, which, since their last compliance guy left and all waivers have fallen upon the director, it's unlikely. I'm going into my 6th year which means I HAVE to have the 6th year waiver. Auburn could have filed it for me if they would have taken me and we wouldn't be in this mess, however, since they took the RBs and WRs this year, I didn't get the waiver which almost completely rules out my chance to get it barring a miracle from God. These can probably tell you how well that's going.....

Dana%20Gillis%202_zpsrvwnn56n.png

Wow, thanks for all the info! Best wishes to you, whether you play ball or just go to school. Don't be a stranger here, we can always use informative posters.

Smh....I feel sorry for you dude. We're great at wasting talent it seems

Good luck, FleX! Hope things work out for you. Would love to see you on the field for the Tigers. War Eagle!

Thanks for the insight, Malcolm_FleX48 (great name, but will have to shorten it -- how's FleX?).

That's really interesting also from the standpoint of rumors of favoritism toward the offense. Some folks here have been focused on the lack of LBs for a while, now. Surprised to hear we saw more need for slot receivers.

Don't take this the wrong way, because I don't mean it to sound bad, at all. But one possibility is they were just looking for some reason to give you for not making the team. Do you know how many walkons made the team and at what positions?

Ah no, of course not, and there were somewhere in the number of 50, though they all received the same email as the one below, And this was only a day after, mine came literally 1 day after the acceptance ones and when I sent it to all my friends who had been rejected, they hadn't heard of any sort of email like that before. Also I talked to Casey afterwards who reaffirmed what was said stating the preference for WRs and not my performance. I'm not going to act like I was too good to not have made it, though I'd rather believe in the integrity of the staff to actually tell the truth because it seems like they'd have no reason to spare anyone's feelings. Not to mention player personnel is in charge of walk-on selection vs. the coaches.

And looking at the roster, the ones who were taken were WRs and small Scat Back types.

I know Coburn made it, as well as Ced

But here are the ones who made it:

http://www.auburntig...urn_990612.html

http://www.auburntig...ton_990614.html

http://www.auburntig...van_990616.html

http://www.auburntig...ers_990611.html

And looking at their positions, it would seem to correlate to who was taken. All WRs with one RB. So if I missed any I apologize but those are definitely all I know who came with.

Wow -- thanks!

I would've thought we'd have taken the best players, period. I'm definitely surprised to hear WR or scatback were higher priority than LB. But what do I know?

Eh, I was surprised as well haha. Not every day you get a 6'4-6'5 inside LB college transfer with a limited window of eligibility for the SEC, but it is what it is. I'm just transitioning into fandom right now I guess. Especially if my last school doesn't get the waiver through for me then I'll def be just a fan. But hey,

WDE

Are you still at Auburn, and are you still planning to try again?

Good luck to you, no matter what.

Unless my former school can push the waiver through, which, since their last compliance guy left and all waivers have fallen upon the director, it's unlikely. I'm going into my 6th year which means I HAVE to have the 6th year waiver. Auburn could have filed it for me if they would have taken me and we wouldn't be in this mess, however, since they took the RBs and WRs this year, I didn't get the waiver which almost completely rules out my chance to get it barring a miracle from God. These can probably tell you how well that's going.....

Dana%20Gillis%202_zpsrvwnn56n.png

Wow, thanks for all the info! Best wishes to you, whether you play ball or just go to school. Don't be a stranger here, we can always use informative posters.

Yeah, it is what it is I suppose. And I won't really bash them because I know when you're coming to a place with an offensive philosophy and where they expect the defense to (Just not ruin things for the offense) its easy to prioritize. Though like I said, hopefully this gives some insight into why Muschamp left. And you can probably bet on that if I don't get this year. Otherwise I'll probably just do what I can do not to spill any secrets.

We can now remove Ben Davis from the list. We are number five in his depth chart.

Even with Muschamp the chances of getting Ben Davis were slim to begin with. I wanted him but always knew that we only had an outside chance of getting him. Not getting a player we didn't really expect to get doesn't bother me that much. If we start losing players that are currently committed then there is reason to be concerned. Till we start losing players I am not going to waste anytime trying to find bad things that might happen.

We can now remove Ben Davis from the list. We are number five in his depth chart.

Even with Muschamp the chances of getting Ben Davis were slim to begin with. I wanted him but always knew that we only had an outside chance of getting him. Not getting a player we didn't really expect to get doesn't bother me that much. If we start losing players that are currently committed then there is reason to be concerned. Till we start losing players I am not going to waste anytime trying to find bad things that might happen.

Agree.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's WEAU's recruiting board for the 2015 LBs.

1a3d07_f6d54bad0aeb42589d31f291674b50f9.png

Consensus seems to be that we have next to no chance with Davis or Smith.

That leaves Uche and Couch among the uncommitted targets.

Here's Uche's profile, where we're listed as 'cool'.

Here's Couch's profile, where we're not even listed.

Has anyone got any info on other possible targets (not to mention any good news)?

Threat is a good player, I think. But we desperately need to get him some help in this class!

Pretty sad looking Britt. Linebackers are the heart of any good defense and if we ever expect to be solid on D again we have got to amp up our recruiting of LBs. Of course Mikey has been saying this for years now.

Pretty sad looking Britt. Linebackers are the heart of any good defense and if we ever expect to be solid on D again we have got to amp up our recruiting of LBs. Of course Mikey has been saying this for years now.

Yep.

^^^^This......so many years, so many LB recruits, so few results which I really don't understand why. To me, AU is the land of opportunity for a great LB but .....? As Mikey said in another thread, we had a pretty good class last year but currently it appears we might not be able to follow that up with another good class at LB which we really need.

^^^^This......so many years, so many LB recruits, so few results which I really don't understand why. To me, AU is the land of opportunity for a great LB but .....? As Mikey said in another thread, we had a pretty good class last year but currently it appears we might not be able to follow that up with another good class at LB which we really need.

Well they turn away decent ones at times with preference on padding the offense. But that's the nature of a school with an offensive HC and reputation.

I'm hoping we'll sign 3 more LB's. Ben Davis, Rahshaun Smith, PJ Blue or Mack Wilson.

If we pull that off you better believe the NCAA will be knocking on our doorstep.

I'm hoping we'll sign 3 more LB's. Ben Davis, Rahshaun Smith, PJ Blue or Mack Wilson.

Lol, I would gladly take 3 of those guys.

Heck, I'd settle for one of those guys and a 2 star no one has ever heard of right now.

We only have 1 LB committed to this point. I hope we at least can add Ben Davis and Rahshaun Smith to our linebacker list. BTW, if uat signed those same 4, the NCAA would turn their back and never say a single thing about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw on SEC Nation where Chandler Wooten, a LB from Georgia , had AU, in his top 3, but losing Muschamp hurt us some in his recruitment.

Saw on SEC Nation where Chandler Wooten, a LB from Georgia , had AU, in his top 3, but losing Muschamp hurt us some in his recruitment.

I saw that too. I think he hails from Queen's school. Oh well.

He is a 2017 recruit, but plans to commit in January

• 2 weeks later...

Archived