An Israel Supporter Who Won't Be at the Prime Minister's Speech

homersapien

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She did not mention her religion.

As a Jew, support for Israel is in my DNA. Throughout my nine terms in the U.S. House, I have advocated that Congress and the administration stand with Israel in a bipartisan way to protect Israel's security and very right to exist. I strongly agree with both the prime minister of Israel and the president of the United States that Iran can never be allowed to possess a nuclear weapon.

Nope. Still no mention of her religion in this either.

While she is not, you do know that a Jew can be atheist right?

Someone explain to me the benefits the U.S. has reaped from this friendship with Israel.

?

It's not about just what benefits us, although they have done yeomans work fighting against the Islamic terrorists. Mossad will do the work that we are afraid to do. Remember when Saddam was building a nuclear facility and they took it out?

A democracy, something we went to war for in Iraq and failed.

Iraq has never known any hint of anything like a democracy. If we want to get one in there, it requires a long term commitment. Voting does not make you a democracy. They need to be educated on the principles of liberty and what all it entails. You have to stay there and hold there hand, gradually turning loose, until they are ready to take on the task of being a self governing society themselves. We took a feudal Japan and turned them into an democratic ally but it took us staying there and seeing it through. Otherwise you're just wasting your time and, as it turned out, making things worse.

I read it, and don't buy it. You see, whether it's 10,100, or 10,000 words long, the message is moot. A Lefty Democrat can and will say anything to spin a narrative which makes her cause look legit, to promote HER political partry, but in reality, it's nothing but lies.

Kinda like all those speeches Obama made about the ACA. He lied. Knowingly lied, over and over, for YEARS. In the end of it all, regardless of what he said and who he said it to, the ACA was, is and will always be one big lie.

Nothing in the "essay " can change the real world as it is, over in Israel.

Neville Chamberlain can shout from the rooftops " Peace in our time ! " as loud as he wants, but that doesn't mean 1 damn thing.

How about picking out one of those "lies" from her essay so we'll know what you are talking about.

Someone explain to me the benefits the U.S. has reaped from this friendship with Israel.

?

Medical research and technology are the first that jump out at me.

They are no slouch at gathering military intelligence either. They are real live guinea pigs for our defensive weapons technology as well.

Shes a reform Jew. Quibble over religion vs people , that's not germane to the issue. She's a leftist Dem . Politics drives her, none of the rest matters to her.

Exactly. And her essay explained why. Netanyahu is here to appeal to his constuency back home by opposing current U.S. policy and he has joined with the Republicans to do so.

This is a cynical political move by both Republicans and Netanyahu, the interests of the United States be damned

Yes, because once Iran has a nuclear weapon, the US won't be in the cross hairs , Israel will.

Netanyahu isn't playing politics, Obama is. Barry wants a deal, ANY deal, simply to say he's made one. THAT IS HIS ENTIRE MOTIVATION FOR THIS WHOLE CHARADE !

Bibi is looking out for the nation of Israel, and her people. , first.

Good for him.

Sounds to me like your true allegiance is to Israel, not the U.S.

Can be but the likelihood is she is referring to her religion as well. You can't say she isn't.

I am just not that big on labeling people. She mentioned DNA so I will leave her comment where she left it. She is biologically of Judean descent.

For those that like labels, she practices a very "liberal" form of Judaism on top of being a Democrat.

?

They are no slouch at gathering military intelligence either. They are real live guinea pigs for our defensive weapons technology as well.

if we didn't support them we would have a fraction of the problems we currently have. So I ask this; if we ended our alliance with Israel who would suffer?

?

The Israeli GDP is 19th among 187 nations in the world which places them in the category of "very highly developed".

Makes you wonder why they are so high on our list of foreign aid recipients.

?

if we didn't support them we would have a fraction of the problems we currently have. So I ask this; if we ended our alliance with Israel who would suffer?

so we just let them get exterminated?

Sounds to me that your true allegiance is to Israel, not the U.S.

Ladies and gentlemen, THE dumbest comment of the day !

?

im not ready to say that yet. But I am trying to weigh out benefits to costs here.

Just FYI........Ms. Schakowsky is regarded as one the most liberal in the House. Also, her husband was convicted for bank fraud and served five months in prison. She was on the board of a nonprofit organization inolved but escaped prosecution.

http://infoweb.newsbank.com/resources/doc/nb/news/110D3898B67D62F8?p=AWNB

?

The problems I think you are thinking of would not go away if Israel disappeared tomorrow.

Sounds to me that your true allegiance is to Israel, not the U.S.

Ladies and gentlemen, THE dumbest comment of the day !

Not at all. It's a reasonable conclusion your posts. Do I really need to go back and pick out the examples?

Here's the one that prompted my post:

"Bibi is looking out for the nation of Israel, and her people. , first. Good for him."

This follows a long back and forth about Netanyahu's immersing himself in American Politics - is this really in the best interests of America? You seem to have come to a conclusion. And that conclusion clearly subordinates U.S. interests to Israel - or really, just Netanyahu's interests.

It's not dumb. It's logical and true.

?

I reckon one of the top 20 wealthiest nations in the world can take care of themselves.

?

The problems I think you are thinking of would not go away if Israel disappeared tomorrow.

maybe not go away but take a positive trend in that direction. But I think most honest people agree that is the root cause of most of these problems.

Archived