***2015 Auburn Pro Day***

RunInRed

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks like they're all wearing long johns

Better than those goofy shorts they were wearing during spring practice a few years back.

Someone on staff really needs to monitor the team apparel and get with an UA rep on what our guys will be wearing at events like this .....those short shorts a few years ago were ridiculous and couldn't UA come up with navy blue pants for today instead of the long john look they are sporting?

Better than those goofy shorts they were wearing during spring practice a few years back.

Someone on staff really needs to monitor the team apparel and get with an UA rep on what our guys will be wearing at events like this .....those short shorts a few years ago were ridiculous and couldn't UA come up with navy blue pants for today instead of the long john look they are sporting?

Those shorts were probably altered by our team gear management staff.

But I don't disagree with your point.

Fire 'em all, those things were hideous!

:laugh:

Those shorts were probably altered by our team gear management staff.

But I don't disagree with your point.

Fire 'em all, those things were hideous!

:laugh:/>

I would bet that it was Chizik's idea. After all, he loved the short sleeve wind breaker.

Accidently deleted my original post. Whoops.

Pat Miller with only 16 bench reps ... he's not helping his draft stock.

No kidding. I can do better than that and I'm only 180#. Not that bench press is that important, but it shows a glimpse of what his overall strength is, relative to his bodyweight.

Whitaker's issue wasn't athleticism or strength. It was injury. He played hurt for two and half years. His body didn't hold up. Go back and watch him as a true freshman on the national title team. No question he was a future NFL prospect. His body broke down. He kept putting it on the line. He deserves a lot of respect, but no team is going to pay for a broken-down body. That's the unfortunate truth, but to call that guy soft is beyond ridiculous.

Never understood why the NFL chose the benchpress. Should have those guys see how many powercleans they can do. That's overall body strength.

Go back and watch him as a true freshman on the national title team. No question he was a future NFL prospect.

He had 5.5 tackles and 0 tackles for loss playing in 2010. While injuries didn't help, even prior to being hurt he (at best) just looked like a guy who was good at taking up space. Zero playmaking ability. The following season he had 2 tackles for loss...all year.

No question he was a future NFL prospect? That is up to interpretation I guess...I never saw any stand-out ability at all from him, and that translates to the stat sheet.

I bet Belichick was watching Sammie pretty closely.

I could definitely see him wanting Marshall too.He does well developing project players.

Jeff has the upper body strength and size, but not the lower body thickness or strength to go with it. That makes it difficult for him to generate any consistent drive. He also is not very quick with his feet. It's a shame too because he is very powerful in the upper body.

Belichick seemed to be paying very close attention to Nick, Sammie and CJ.

Go back and watch him as a true freshman on the national title team. No question he was a future NFL prospect.

He had 5.5 tackles and 0 tackles for loss playing in 2010. While injuries didn't help, even prior to being hurt he (at best) just looked like a guy who was good at taking up space. Zero playmaking ability. The following season he had 2 tackles for loss...all year.

No question he was a future NFL prospect? That is up to interpretation I guess...I never saw any stand-out ability at all from him, and that translates to the stat sheet.

On a side note, what do you think of Gus on Nick Marshall:

"I know he can be a quarterback at the next level," Malzahn said. "It needs to be the right system. You're talking about a guy who's probably one of the best zone-read quarterbacks in the history of college football."

"He's got a unique skill-set, he broke the school record against the most talented defense we faced last year," Malzahn said. "He's got the ability. He's got the knack to win games when games are on the line. I believe he can play quarterback in the right system

I didn't think Belichick went to pro days personally. That's a good sign for somebody.

Coates and Uzomah fit that Offense well

Coates gives them some actual deep threat speed and Uzomah gives them a better receiving threat at TE than Hoominauwiiwiwi (sp), just has to work on his blocking.

Jeff has the upper body strength and size, but not the lower body thickness or strength to go with it. That makes it difficult for him to generate any consistent drive. He also is not very quick with his feet.

Belichick seemed to be paying very close attention to Nick, Sammie and CJ.

I could see Nick playing the Edelman role on NE. Or just being another Edelman, and be emergency QB. Pretty solid job

On a side note, what do you think of Gus on Nick Marshall

Nothing. Gus' job stability depends on signing high-end quarterbacks, because teams with good quarterbacks typically win football games (on every level). High end quarterbacks want to play in offensive systems that will put them into the NFL. Therefore, Gus has a motive to pump up Marshall as a quarterback, regardless of how he actually feels on the matter.

Even if Gus were in the NFL I don't believe that Marshall would be his top choice at QB unless he was short on alternatives. It was noticeable first hand that we limited the playbook with Marshall at QB. For a team that supposedly strives to play uptempo; we were actually woefully average with Marshall in terms of tempo. How often did we speed the tempo up and have Marshall start slinging the ball around? Pretty much never, and there is a reason for that.

On a side note, what do you think of Gus on Nick Marshall

Nothing. Gus' job stability depends on signing high-end quarterbacks, because teams with good quarterbacks typically win football games (on every level). High end quarterbacks want to play in offensive systems that will put them into the NFL. Therefore, Gus has a motive to pump up Marshall as a quarterback, regardless of how he actually feels on the matter.

Even if Gus were in the NFL I don't believe that Marshall would be his top choice at QB unless he was short on alternatives. It was noticeable first hand that we limited the playbook with Marshall at QB. For a team that supposedly strives to play uptempo; we were actually woefully average with Marshall in terms of tempo. How often did we speed the tempo up and have Marshall start slinging the ball around? Pretty much never, and there is a reason for that.

Wow, I thought Gus's job was pretty stable on the plains, shows what I know.

His future stability. Have you already forgotten that Gene Chizik won a National Championship, and was subsequently fired TWO years later?

His job is stable, for now. If we s*** the bed next season then things start to change quickly. Don't try and spin this as me implying anything either.

His future stability. Have you already forgotten that Gene Chizik won a National Championship, and was subsequently fired TWO years later?

His job is stable, for now. If we s*** the bed next season then things start to change quickly. Don't try and spin this as me implying anything either.

Try to spin...what...? I and others are just basking in your tremendous knowledge of Auburn coaching and player talent. What's to spin?

If Gus is of the opinion that disagrees with you, I am sure it is from a coaching stability standpoint or something else. We are going with you.

Archived