New Scoreboard - Construction Progress

RunInRed

I just got back to Auburn yesterday to start my last mini semester course. I'll post some pictures from on campus to give more angles.

The rendering is crazy. This structure is not even done growing. The speaker will add a lot of height to it.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Took a picture from the Rec while working out this morning, it gives a little different view than anything we've had on here.

Thanks for posting!

Uh... is the feed pointing straight down at the bleachers for anyone else?

It's back up and running now. It's not zoomed in as much as before but it's running fine.

Does anyone know what they're doing work on? No noticeable change has been made since Friday.

Maybe they are afraid they will spontaneously combust if they stand up there on all that metal in this relentless heat. :jossun:

Pre-assembled sections of the structure that will house the sound system are being lifted into place on top of the jumbotron.

CIULjOdWEAA_Dz8.png

So freaking stoked. Good gravy! That thing is huge!

A Turd: "But, Auburn, what a big scoreboard you have."

CGM: "The better to watch you getting smoked, my dear."

Maybe I just didn't notice before ... two cranes now?

Capture.png

Could be to bring in things horizontally. With one crane, they'd have to hold it exactly in the middle. One big breeze comes in and then you've got 1000 lbs of steel rotating at high speed near the expensive video panels and all of the workers. Much safer to just bring in a second crane to eliminate the possibility of spin.

Capture.png

Could be to bring in things horizontally. With one crane, they'd have to hold it exactly in the middle. One big breeze comes in and then you've got 1000 lbs of steel rotating at high speed near the expensive video panels and all of the workers. Much safer to just bring in a second crane to eliminate the possibility of spin.

I knew we kept you around for something! Thanks!

Capture.png

Yes, I think you just didn't notice. There has been a 2nd crane down there for a long time, mostly used to pre-stage material, but also used for some of the framing on the right side.

Archived