New Scoreboard - Construction Progress

RunInRed

That screen looks way taller than 57'

Count the rows ... 10ft each and the last one isn't a full 10' ... so 57' seems exact to me.

Capture.png

There are 7 rows though...that would make it over 70' if they are 10 ft each, no?

Based on the available renderings and plans, the video board panels will not be as large as the steel structure itself.

Yes, I believe the smaller top and bottom rows, plus the area on each side, will be used to attach the border treatment we see in the finished photo posted by RiR.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife was saying that they should do a AU vs Louisville viewing at the stadium for people that can't make it to ATL. She's so smart.

My wife was saying that they should do a AU vs Louisville viewing at the stadium for people that can't make it to ATL. She's so smart.

Heck they should do several things with this new toy. Movie nights for students. Let the recruits play video games on it! lol. :hellyeah:

Count the rows ... 10ft each and the last one isn't a full 10' ... so 57' seems exact to me.

Capture.png

There are 7 rows though...that would make it over 70' if they are 10 ft each, no?

Based on the available renderings and plans, the video board panels will not be as large as the steel structure itself.

Yes, I believe the smaller top and bottom rows, plus the area on each side, will be used to attach the border treatment we see in the finished photo posted by RiR.

Even still, that looks taller than 57'. I guess the older board being just 30' makes me think this one is just massive.

Capture.png

Even still, that looks taller than 57'. I guess the older board being just 30' makes me think this one is just massive.

According to the sketch, that's the height right there in the picture, right? Won't go above or below that?

Capture.png

According to the sketch, that's the height right there in the picture, right? Won't go above or below that?

Correct, for the screen that is. They'll only add on the left now.

Another size perspective shot ...

CHs9seaUkAAy9Y5.jpg

The steel work on it is a major eye sore to be honest...

Your opinion....to me, the exposed steel work is impressive....love the structural work on large bridges for example. There is art in a good structural design....JMO

Another size perspective shot ...

CHs9seaUkAAy9Y5.jpg

The steel work on it is a major eye sore to be honest...

Your opinion....to me, the exposed steel work is impressive....love the structural work on large bridges for example. There is art in a good structural design....JMO

Won't matter. Steel will be covered

Here's a shot my coworker took a few minutes ago.

post-732-0-81215900-1434678457_thumb.jpg

They used to do movie nights at the stadium my first few years at Auburn. Those were great, and they should definitely bring it back for that screen.

They used to do movie nights at the stadium my first few years at Auburn. Those were great, and they should definitely bring it back for that screen.

I'm about to graduate, and they even did it last semester.

Movie night on that thing would be an experience. When I was on the Plains free movie night was in Langley Hall with Sonny Smith making announcements & jokes before the viewing. Every time I see Stripes, Excaliber or Escape from New York I think of 'ole Sonny.

Movie night on that thing would be an experience. When I was on the Plains free movie night was in Langley Hall with Sonny Smith making announcements & jokes before the viewing. Every time I see Stripes, Excaliber or Escape from New York I think of 'ole Sonny.

That was good stuff. Those seats sure we're squeaky and uncomfortable.

EDIT--This didn't quote for some reason..this is in reply to the question about wind speed.

Typically in this part of the state structures are required to withstand 90 mph winds or equivalent to a CAT 2 hurricane...although a lot take it up a notch to withstand CAT 3. I agree it would be interesting to see the design specs. I would imagine with this thought it would take an EF 5 tornado or something explosive like a major hurricane to take it down.

Archived