New Scoreboard - Construction Progress

RunInRed

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but from the blueprints it looks like the actual screens will only total to be about 75' long, not 190'?

It does look that way from the drawing. 74' 5 1/8".

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but from the blueprints it looks like the actual screens will only total to be about 75' long, not 190'?

But this says:

• Will incorporate (9) 20'x50' 12mm HD screens @ 3,400 lbs each w/ an active display area of 56'x190

• Will incorporate (9) 20'x50' 12mm HD screens @ 3,400 lbs each w/ an active display area of 56'x190'

I don't have my ruler out or anything but I'm pretty sure its already bigger than 75'.....

I'm confused. I'm no engineer by any stretch, but it doesn't seem like those numbers add up to me. 9 screens at 20x50 assuming it's 3 panels by 3 panels = 60x150 right? So where does the other 40' across come from?

The way the blueprint shows the video panels in 3x3, it looks to be roughly 31'x 76'...if I'm looking at it correctly.

I believe that "Front View" that has that dimension is just a detail of the top speaker section. No?

I believe that "Front View" that has that dimension is just a detail of the top speaker section. No?

Maybe. It's kind of hard to read so I don't even know if that's what I'm looking at. At the top it looks like it says "speaker mesh" on the box on top of the presumed 9 video panels. I'm not sure. I'm just gonna let it play out. I'm sure it's gonna be awesome regardless.

The maximum display area should be 60x150

20x50|20x50|20x50

20x50|20x50|20x50

20x50|20x50|20x50

Based on this:

Height 3x20 which is 60

Width 3x50 which is 150

I think that drawing is of a previous version of a smaller jumbotron. It's also obvious there are now more than 9 large panels involved. They are putting up several panels in each row.

I think that drawing is of a previous version of a smaller jumbotron. It's also obvious there are now more than 9 large panels involved. They are putting up several panels in each row.

This is why I thought the blueprints aren't what's going in. We are seeing 5 rows go up now. I'm curious why they didn't start all the from the left to the right though? Makes me wonder if that whole left side is for something else (advertising)?

This is why I thought the blueprints aren't what's going in. We are seeing 5 rows go up now. I'm curious why they didn't start all the from the left to the right though? Makes me wonder if that whole left side is for something else (advertising)?

Negative.

If you look closely, this rendering appears accurate ...

CGhfNX0UkAENgYf.jpg

Capture.png

Negative.

If you look closely, this rendering appears accurate ...

CGhfNX0UkAENgYf.jpg

Capture.png

I agree, but why not start from one end and go to the other? Blueprints have to be something else or were changed?

My guess is that they are putting the screens up on the side that has been up the longest. They are still probably prepping the newest side that was erected.

They did the middle and right side first and by the time they finish putting the screens up on that side they will be ready to put the screens on the left.

My guess is that they are putting the screens up on the side that has been up the longest. They are still probably prepping the newest side that was erected.

They did the middle and right side first and by the time they finish putting the screens up on that side they will be ready to put the screens on the left.

Yea, you could be right.

Very well could be some discrepancies between published and final plans. These drawings were published because it is a public works project, so even bids can be seen. That doesn't mean that via addendums or change orders or through design-build that the scope didn't change. In fact, if these published plans were initially used for budgeting, the size may have increased based on initial costs being under budget so they decided to go bigger.

Yea, you could be right.

Yes, he is right. When they were doing the construction of the frame on the left side, they were completing the wiring for the panels on the right side. While they were hanging the panels on the right side, they have been doing the wiring on the left side. They will hang the panels on the left side next.

Yea, you could be right.

Yes, he is right. When they were doing the construction of the frame on the left side, they were completing the wiring for the panels on the right side. While they were hanging the panels on the right side, they have been doing the wiring on the left side. They will hang the panels on the left side next.

Probably will also mean that they can multiplex the screens on the right side together while they are also putting the screens on the left side up. If they had done it row by row, they would have been trying to multiplex screens on the bottom while they installed screens on the top, and people would have been tripping over each other.

My guess on the size is that the drawings we have are outdated. The way that it is drawn, it definitely shows the board from one side to the other as 75-ish feet. The structure is wider than the field would be if it was striped, which you can see in this post by RIR:

Another view ...

image.jpg

The width of a standard football field is 160 feet. Since the structure is bigger than that, the 190' width appears to be correct, and the 75' appears to be from an older revision. The other piece of supporting evidence (no pun intended) is the way the rear supports look in the "Front View" drawing, which shows only 4 supports located about the center. These 4 represent the square cross-section of the rear brace. If you look at the actual structure, it is supported by the rear brace as well as 4 more supporting poles from the old board, 2 on each side. Those aren't detailed in that drawing.

That screen looks way taller than 57'

Count the rows ... 10ft each and the last one isn't a full 10' ... so 57' seems exact to me.

Capture.png

I wonder what straight line wind speed this monster is designed to withstand. It's sure been an experience sitting on my balcony looking straight at it and watching it go up.

Count the rows ... 10ft each and the last one isn't a full 10' ... so 57' seems exact to me.

Capture.png

There are 7 rows though...that would make it over 70' if they are 10 ft each, no?

Capture.png

There are 7 rows though...that would make it over 70' if they are 10 ft each, no?

Based on the available renderings and plans, the video board panels will not be as large as the steel structure itself.

Archived