New Scoreboard - Construction Progress

RunInRed

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK OK ...

11372322_713744258753767_1055128953_n.jpg

I thought the scoreboard was going to be big. It's no taller than a cheerleader. It might still be taller than little Nicky though.

Interesting but not entirely surprising, apparently the bid docs for this project dictate specific timeline completions for various aspects. One of the addendums modifies the allowable start date for the metal panel cladding to June 21 (no later than 2 weeks post steel erection and certification). Metal cladding has a defined timeline of 40-55 days (calendar).

Interesting but not entirely surprising, apparently the bid docs for this project dictate specific timeline completions for various aspects. One of the addendums modifies the allowable start date for the metal panel cladding to June 21 (no later than 2 weeks post steel erection and certification). Metal cladding has a defined timeline of 40-55 days (calendar).

There are different ways to do metal cladding. Has there been a design release on what it will look like?

Looking at the live feed today (June 21), I don't see any evidence of metal cladding having been started. Do they count Sundays? I assume there would be a financial penalty to the contractor if they do not meet the contract dates. Do the bid docs you've seen specify what that penalty is?

Looking at the live feed today (June 21), I don't see any evidence of metal cladding having been started. Do they count Sundays? I assume there would be a financial penalty to the contractor if they do not meet the contract dates. Do the bid docs you've seen specify what that penalty is?

No cotton candy?

:dunno:

Sorry, running joke and I couldn't resist.

:rimshot:

No cotton candy?

:dunno:

Sorry, running joke and I couldn't resist.

:rimshot:

Yes, liquidated damages clause and performance bond specifically mention, "forfeiture of cotton candy". There is a lot on the line here.

Also, I saw in an article posted earlier they'd put bronze and tan metal panels on the backside of the board, but what about the rest of the entire structure?

I read that as an allowable start date, not required. That is the earliest that other trades have to make the area accessible to the panel contractor. They still have 40-55 days for completion. LDs were noted at $1k/day but I did not read if they were applied to each segment of work or just final completion.

I found this pic on twitter at AU_Facilities, tweeted on 6/13. A good close up of the panels.

CHYqkZfVAAAIWEV.jpg

Nice pic, and nice sig quote, IronMan,

A good video of the panel installation ...

Watched it. It's kind of meditative. Also, I kept saying, 'Here comes the boom', but sort of quietly, like a mantra.

Official rendering ...

10403029_10153417561684894_4360197544582835513_n.jpg

Wonder struck..almost speechless. The figures in the foreground of the screen are about as tall as 1/2 the entire end zone stands or the upper deck on the far left! :wedance:

The board is gonna be great, that's for sure. I really hope that there's been just as much effort put into the sound system for the video system/stadium as there has been for the visuals. Getting good sound in a stadium has to be one of the most difficult tasks sound engineers face. Compromises everywhere...followed by the delayed sounds from all the speakers at varying distances and reflecting surfaces as well.

Archived