New Scoreboard - Construction Progress

RunInRed

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it frustrating to any one else we spend $14M on a new video board and then when it comes down to the "details" we say screw it, and throw a tarp up?

Is it frustrating to any one else we spend $14M on a new video board and then when it comes down to the "details" we say screw it, and throw a tarp up?

This x100000000000000000000. Just seems like we're cutting corners at this point.

Why couldnt the back be done as originally planned instead of the temporary murals? I mean whoever is in charge of this project is making me scratch my head for sure.

Yes, very frustrating. I wondered earlier why they didn't do some kind of cool speaker like mesh metal cover with the interlocking AU on it. Maybe b/c of the sound dissipation they are having something made? and it just hasn't been finished yet? I don't know, but not a fan of the tarp either.

Incredibly frustrating. Details like this are what make projects great. You don't see Apple make an iPhone or a Macbook and think "Eh, a plastic screen will do". You don't see Ferrari or Lamborghini make a high performance vehicle and not put in the effort to make sure that every little thing, from the exhaust note to the radius of the steering wheel is right.

The finishing touches of the board that should make it great are all failing at this point, from the tarp over the speaker section to the empty holes on the backside, to the failed murals that were supposed to cover said holes.

It doesn't seem to match does it. It must have something to do with the ability to create the best purity of sound. But, you would think they would have something that meets the test that is a little more "permanent" looking.

It doesn't seem to match does it. It must have something to do with the ability to create the best purity of sound. But, you would think they would have something that meets the test that is a little more "permanent" looking.

It's a month to the first home game...do we really know that this is the final plan? Considering the size of the board,etc. I expect some of the features are being developed as work progresses..to see what it looks like in real life.... Just wondering?

Did Auburn get anything like Columbus Georgia got last night with that line of storms? A little after 1AM eastern time we had a mini hurricane come thru. Would have been a nice little test for our new wind catcher.

Meanwhile, testing continues into the night ...

CMF5sQ2WEAAP3ne.jpg

via @apyoung4

This is in no way a comment on that darling little girl, but that looks like the poster for "Poltergeist 2015: The Largening".

"It's heeeeerrrrrrreee......."

Archived