2016 5* LB Ben Davis (Bama signee)

RunInRed

AU is very much still in the mix with Davis.

His own list had us in fifth place. Please shed more light on that, then.

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The kid really likes AU. In fact could be his favorite "college" he has visited. That in its self will have AU in it till the end. If that makes any sense.

WDE, any news on possibilities of obtaining any other LBers?

Not really.

WDE, I read a little while back somewhere that Lance Thompson promised Donta Evans a scholarship if he becomes DC at Auburn. Why doesn't the rest of the staff believe Donta is worthy of a scholarship?

I have no information at all, but are we really being realistic here? (then again, why would I think we would start now)

Just looking at the past, when is the last time UAT lost a legacy recruit that they really wanted? His father was the all time leading tackler at UAT and is admittedly pushing him to UAT (as most of US would do if the schools/roles were reversed).

It is not like we have a perfect track record with our own Legacy recruits. We have to fight tooth and nail and divert a lot of time and resources to keep (and sometimes still lose) our own legacy recruits and yet somehow people are optimistic were are going to overcome all of the above and steal a legacy from UAT? Gosh I hope I am wrong, but just don't see it happening.

WDE, I read a little while back somewhere that Lance Thompson promised Donta Evans a scholarship if he becomes DC at Auburn. Why doesn't the rest of the staff believe Donta is worthy of a scholarship?

I don't know. Isn't Evans an EE also? I know he was ready to commit to AU over the summer and CWM backed off.

Ben should come to Auburn just for the fact of early playing time. bammer has 15 returning LB's and 2 commits, with the possibility of 2 more commits.

If only this mattered......

Ben should come to Auburn just for the fact of early playing time. bammer has 15 returning LB's and 2 commits, with the possibility of 2 more commits.

If only this mattered......

They has about that same amount when Evans signed with them.

South Florida's DC Tom Allen was head coach at Ben Davis (Indianapolis) High School from 1998-2003 & 2004-2006.

Just saying. ;)/>

Interesting.

"I think that is a great hire. Coach Steele knows the area. He recruits very well and I can't wait to get down for my official (in January)." -Davis

From 247 free. Ben Davis on the hire

Steele's in home with him went well on November 30th, always gonna be a tough pull but we have not lost any ground hiring Steele, maybe even gained a little

Hiring Steele helped. My gut says its AU for some reason here.

Steele's in home with him went well on November 30th, always gonna be a tough pull but we have not lost any ground hiring Steele, maybe even gained a little

Hiring Steele helped. My gut says its AU for some reason here.

I hope you are right but every Crystal Ball has that east Missiisppi team I thing they call that team something like bama

It was stated during the under armour game that he was down to 2 teams. Georgia and Bama. Thompson leaving might have killed the slim chance to just none.

Missing on smith. This kid is so important. We need him more than Gary

Well we are not getting him. Might as well move on.

Archived