2016 5* LB Ben Davis (Bama signee)

RunInRed

Kouandjio....ugh that was pretty annoying

Poor kid's brother's scholarship was being threatened.

I call BS. His brother was too talented to have his scholarship revoked.

Maybe they wouldn't have done it, but pulling the brother's scholarship was certainly a threat. The brother wasn't all that talented compared to who else they had at hand. They could have given him the boot and never missed a lick.

At the time Cyrus was being recruited he may not have been worth much to them but he ended up being an all american and getting drafted in the 4th round so a small lick may have been missed

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe they wouldn't have done it, but pulling the brother's scholarship was certainly a threat. The brother wasn't all that talented compared to who else they had at hand. They could have given him the boot and never missed a lick.

What makes you certain other than message board fodder and who was making the threat?

And Alabama isn't the only school on earth...They pulled it and then what? He could have come to Auburn. You don't think if that actually happened we couldn't have taken care of his brother?

And Alabama isn't the only school on earth...They pulled it and then what? He could have come to Auburn. You don't think if that actually happened we couldn't have taken care of his brother?

Here goes ol' cole256 out of left field again. Man, where do you come up with these hairbrained ideas?!?! Always saying the whackiest stuff.

This. His brother was a starter. NS may be a snake, but he is not stupid enough to cut off his nose to spite his face. No way NS even hints at that threat. Now, had the bro been a walkon, a marginal player, or his GF, I have no doubt NS would have had somebody play that card.

This. His brother was a starter. NS may be a snake, but he is not stupid enough to cut off his nose to spite his face. No way NS even hints at that threat. Now, had the bro been a walkon, a marginal player, or his GF, I have no doubt NS would have had somebody play that card.

If my memory serves, is brother was not a starter. His brother did not start the following year either. Kuanjo the younger was a starter long before his brother ever started.

Wonder what Ben has to say about coaches Steele, Williams and McGriff.

"Neat"- Ben Davis

come on folks, get real....there is no way ben davis comes to AU.....he is only going to one place.....can you imagine the heat that his family would catch if he did?....too much pressure involved here

Only pressure is filled from families with their hands out. The Davis family isn't this type of family. Same can't be said to the other family mentioned here.

Odds are against us getting this kid. But he and his dad he been class acts. His dad is honest and says he would prefer his kid to go to bama as it is where he played. He also says he will support his son where ever he decides to go. The son of course is looking at bama as his dad played there. The fact that he is looking at other schools because of things like playing time is a positive. He says he likes Auburn. In the end he will probably go to bama since that is where he has ties but he has been honest and upfront throughout the process so kudos to the kid and his family.

I hope the coaches keep trying to convert him to the good side it might not work but he is the type of player we need and if you don't try you lose on him for sure. Small chance is better than no chance. Keeping in touch with him can't hurt.

According to this article we are 5th, but having Steele is definitely helping us.

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/auburns-kevin-steele-to-check-in-on-the-no-1-inside-linebacker-in-the-country

If we are fifth, I'm pretty sure Steele isn't gonna help enough.

According to this article we are 5th, but having Steele is definitely helping us.

https://www.seccount...-in-the-country

If we are fifth, I'm pretty sure Steele isn't gonna help enough.

Probably not but still gotta take the swings, especially giiven it takes CKS very little resources to do since CKS & BD are both from Gordo.

Momma and daddy are Turds. Bout all you need to know. Also in the free 247 article he's speaking about Gordo and says, and I quote, ya they, "Auburn fans", out number us in Gordo. LOL

Unless something major changes, I see Davis signing with UAT. I just hope our staff will not stop with just 1 LB signee, Threat. We need to sign 3 in my opinion.

In more relevant news, Ben is changing his OV to Auburn to the 29th. Which is theoretically good for Auburn unless Bama asked him to flip the dates.

In more relevant news, Ben is changing his OV to Auburn to the 29th. Which is theoretically good for Auburn unless Bama asked him to flip the dates.

I wouldn't doubt if they try to talk him into cancelling his OV all together..

They probably Did. Bama is expecting eight 5* recruits to OV there this weekend.

Archived