2016 5* LB Ben Davis (Bama signee)

RunInRed

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who would take a chance Lame -- I mean Lane? he's a smart a$$.

You intentionally misspell his name for comedic effect and he's the a$$??? The irony is getting thick in here a4e. Just sayin.

Now, just to keep this thread on the rails, we can really use this guy next year. (Crosses fingers)

I'm hopeful he sees the improvement Muschamp has made with our D and the open opportunity to come in and possibly start next year. Definitely my biggest want right now for this class.

I think we stand a chance to snag him away from Bama if Will and Lance stay at Auburn. Judging from the article, seems to me that Lance Thompson is integral to bringing Ben on board

So, now that the word is that Smart is moving on, does this help us with Ben?

KN CBd Wilson to UGA, so using logical thinking I would also assume that would help AU with Davis. But at the end of the day he is an Alabama legacy and his father has already stated he would like for him to sign with Bama, but who knows.

KN CBd Wilson to UGA,

That's just a power play fo mo $$$$$. Wilson's no fool.

KN CBd Wilson to UGA, so using logical thinking I would also assume that would help AU with Davis. But at the end of the day he is an Alabama legacy and his father has already stated he would like for him to sign with Bama, but who knows.

Didn't I read somewhere that his mom liked Auburn? We all know, if mama ain't happy, nobody's happy.

Difference is even though Davis Dad played for Bama and would like to see him at bama he said he would support any decision he makes. Whereas Evan's dad was totally set against Auburn.

We need to be selling this guy on why would you go to Alabama and play in your dad's shadow? Come to Auburn and leave with a Davis being the all-time leading tackler at both schools.

Difference is even though Davis Dad played for Bama and would like to see him at bama he said he would support any decision he makes. Whereas Evan's dad was totally set against Auburn.

Supposedly. You have a link to back up that claim?

Supposedly. You have a link to back up that claim?

I did read that Davis's dad made that statement, but I can only assume that Evans's dad said that, although that is a pretty big rumor that has been going around here for a while, that Evans's dad has always felt disrespected by the Auburn fan base because he was only a backup to Bo Jackson.....or something along those lines. Who knows what the real story is with Evans and his family.

You have nailed it. Anybody that thinks otherwise wasn't paying attention at the time. And yes, Mom Evans was thoroughly blindsided and totally pissed about the turn of events. She was not even informed before the public announcements.

Evans was considered the top back in the state coming out of high school and was signed in the same class with Bo Jackson. Evans had some skill, but he was no Bo Jackson. Then Brent Fullwood came in the next class. Maybe Evans should have moved to WR or DB. From comments over the years, it's clear he never got over it and always felt like Auburn treated him badly. Should not have been a shock that he was whispering into his son's ear all along.

What Evans needs to come to grips with is that he wasn't just passed over in favor of Bo. He was behind Bo, Fullwood, James, Tim Jessie, Agee, some white dude, and probably a few others that I can't remember.

Archived