2016 5* LB Ben Davis (Bama signee)

RunInRed

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's too early to say D. Davis is a bust

Thank you; how can you call a R. freshman a Bust. Who did not play a down his senior year and is playing one of the toughest positions in the toughest league in football.

Thank you; how can you call a R. freshman a Bust. Who did not play a down his senior year and is playing one of the toughest positions in the toughest league in football.

Calling a point of order. When Mikey says, "I'll believe it when I see it", it is a far cry from saying he is "a bust".

Calling a point of order. When Mikey says, "I'll believe it when I see it", it is a far cry from saying he is "a bust".

Agreed.

Agreed.

One would hope that the difference between "he hasn't done it yet' and "he's a bust" wouldn't have to be explained on a message board populated mostly by Auburn grads. Sadly, it appears that IronMan70's explanation was necessary. What are they teaching the kids these days?

Agreed.

One would hope that the difference between "he hasn't done it yet' and "he's a bust" wouldn't have to be explained on a message board populated mostly by Auburn grads. Sadly, it appears that IronMan70's explanation was necessary. What are they teaching the kids these days?

Theories.

Agreed.

I'm afraid your expectations are too high.

Reading comprehension, deductive reasoning, basic grammar, and spelling all appear to be quite elusive for many on this board.

It keeps it entertaining around here though. ?

Mikey, the way some of your LB recruiting posts were interpreted is hilarious!

Like: Mikey "We need to recruit more LBs until we have a few who are good enough to play in the SEC."

Interpretation: "I hate every position on the field except LB and I will not be happy until we run a 0-11-0 defense!"

Hahaha! #goodtimes

~sigh~

I remember the good ole days of auburneagle when everyone tried to be civil and friendly. Maybe I'm misremembering the whole thing, but it seems like there was far, far less ridicule and contempt for other posters.

WDE!

Feel W

~sigh~

I remember the good ole days of auburneagle when everyone tried to be civil and friendly. Maybe I'm misremembering the whole thing, but it seems like there was far, far less ridicule and contempt for other posters.

WDE!

You are remembering correctly MT. Those were the days when the family in aufamily meant something ... sometimes it seems dysfunctional family is more descriptive now. It makes one wonder if some of the posters feel better about themselves by being rude, ill mannered, and belittling of others on this site. The behavior can dip to levels expected on sites at the other school just down the road, the Updyke gene pool nation.

Getting back to Davis...

...I know that Jackson and Davidson don't have much bearing on his decision, but I hope that he and the other big fish still on the board at least have something to think about with the kids who are committing on that side of the ball. Any LB that joins this class is going to have some help in front of him.

In a running theme of our online relationship, I'm more optimistic that Mikey about our LBs. I really like what we saw from Tre Williams and Jeff Holland. While I thought Holland's future under Muschamp was going to primarily as a pass rusher, ala Cass McKinzy, the fact is that he played LB almost exclusively last year. He rarely had his hand in the dirt, and he looked really good for a true freshman. I also thought Javy Mitchell gave us some decent snaps behind Garrett (when we were playing 3 LBs).

Mikey's right that all we have is hope in hand, but I'm not sure that changes regardless of what happens with this signing class. Does Tre Threat enrolling early really change the 2016 outlook at LB? He might play, but until he does, it's just guesswork. The number of LBs in this class may impact 2017 or 2018, but our bed is made for 2016.

Feel W

~sigh~

WDE!

You are remembering correctly MT. Those were the days when the family in aufamily meant something ... sometimes it seems dysfunctional family is more descriptive now. It makes one wonder if some of the posters feel better about themselves by being rude, ill mannered, and belittling of others on this site. The behavior can dip to levels expected on sites at the other school just down the road, the Updyke gene pool nation.

Unfortunately it's just a reflection of how our society has changed, on the whole, magnified by the frustration of a season that didn't live up to expectations. Try the ignore feature. It make the site seem more like the old days.

Agreed.

I'm afraid your expectations are too high.

Reading comprehension, deductive reasoning, basic grammar, and spelling all appear to be quite elusive for many on this board.

It keeps it entertaining around here though. 😉

Ain't that the truth! 'Scuse me. Isn't that the truth!

...............Mikey's right that all we have is hope in hand, but I'm not sure that changes regardless of what happens with this signing class. Does Tre Threat enrolling early really change the 2016 outlook at LB? He might play, but until he does, it's just guesswork. The number of LBs in this class may impact 2017 or 2018, but our bed is made for 2016.

It's not the signing class's impact on 2016 that's the issue. Starting with 2011 our LB play on the field has been sub-par. This will only be turned around by putting some good LB recruiting classes back to back. Every year that we don't have an outstanding class of LB signees puts the day when we actually field a LB corps that's worthy of note at least one more year into the future.

It's starting to appear that 2016 won't be the LB class that has both the numbers and the quality to back up 2015, which itself was the best in a long, long time.

Here's to hoping he sees the light! He would be a huge get for us.

No chance on that happening. But please, let's keep this thread going.

Archived