2016 5* LB Ben Davis (Bama signee)

RunInRed

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see nothing that would remotely indicate that Ben Davis is interested in Auburn, aside from his official visit which I take little stock in.

He hasn't lead us on that's for sure. Seems like the kid has been pretty upfront from the start.

FWIW

"I’m going to Auburn this weekend and they are up there at my No. 3 school, but they may end up being my No. 1 school after this week. So I don’t know, we’ll just see how it goes.”

wonders never cease do they?

Does the opportunity to play the second he steps on campus mean anything to him?

I think it means something to every kid. But who knows where it falls in his list of priorities.

Hard to pull a guy whose dad is the all time leading tackler at uat... But we gotta chance. We're 3rd but this last OV to AU could switch it up. He's got a great relationship with our commits and enrollees.

We should be selling this kid on the fact that he won't have to play second fiddle to Mack Wilson at Auburn. He can come in, start from day one, and be "the man". Then the Davis name can be atop the leading tackler list at both in-state schools.

We should be selling this kid on the fact that he won't have to play second fiddle to Mack Wilson at Auburn. He can come in, start from day one, and be "the man". Then the Davis name can be atop the leading tackler list at both in-state schools.

This should be what we are stressing to him. I never even thought about that. Great idea

It's not only Wilson he'd have to contend with at UAT. Saban understands the importance of the LB position. That's why he stockpiles four or five top LB prospects every year. If they don't crack the starting rotation those types are usually great on special teams.

If we're 3rd then maybe he'll go easy on us in the next few Iron Bowls. He could be our own little sleeper-cell lol

Does the opportunity to play the second he steps on campus mean anything to him?

Yes. It's what has us 3rd right now.

Doesn't look like Mack Wilson is Bama bound last I saw.

I think Davis could start from day at AU. Great kid who has handled his recruitment with class. Coach Steele needs to earn that paycheck

Gator correct?

Gator correct?

Looks like my post was out of date. I just did some research & it looks like everyone, including Florida reporters, feel Mack is bluffing w/ UF in the lead. Looks like Bama.

His recruitment is very odd. If uat really wanted him and he was all uat like most here think than no way would Saban allow him to visit AU this weekend. It's like uat is interested but not totally interested. Does any of that make sense?

His recruitment is very odd. If uat really wanted him and he was all uat like most here think than no way would Saban allow him to visit AU this weekend. It's like uat is interested but not totally interested. Does any of that make sense?

Yup. Crazy to think that he's the biggest recruit left on our board and that they might not even have him as a priority, but it's possible.

Yup. Crazy to think that he's the biggest recruit left on our board and that they might not even have him as a priority, but it's possible.

If I had to guess (and that is exactly what I am doing), I would say that he is most assuredly a priority for updyke u. This is most likely an indication that he truly is considering other options and saban knows that he cannot strong arm him. I would still be shocked if he chose anyone else. Ecstatic if he chose Auburn

If I had to guess (and that is exactly what I am doing), I would say that he is most assuredly a priority for updyke u. This is most likely an indication that he truly is considering other options and saban knows that he cannot strong arm him. I would still be shocked if he chose anyone else. Ecstatic if he chose Auburn

I get the feeling, talking to uat & AU people, that he is high on uat's board but uat is not and has not been pushing Ben to commit. And if Saban wants a kid he will damn sure push the kid to commit & not visit AU on the last weekend.

Have we forgotten about Evans recruitment? Granted Ben's dad isn't a jaded former AU guy - but it seems Saban like to have that one guy to claim a 5* victory over AU each year. This would make 5 straight years of an "undecided" 5* considering both schools. Unfortunately, I see Mikey having a LB meltdown and having myself agree with him.

Crazy to think that he's the biggest recruit left on our board and that they might not even have him as a priority, but it's possible.

"Not a priority" was a poor way for me to phrase it. Perhaps a better way to say it is that Davis might be higher on our board than theirs.

Have we forgotten about Evans recruitment? Granted Ben's dad isn't a jaded former AU guy - but it seems Saban like to have that one guy to claim a 5* victory over AU each year. This would make 5 straight years of an "undecided" 5* considering both schools. Unfortunately, I see Mikey having a LB meltdown and having myself agree with him.

And...? Do you want us to just stop recruiting the kid? Are you going to melt down if we only almost get a kid that nobody thought we ever had a shot of getting? Also, Evans told our coaches that he was committing to Auburn. Davis has done no such thing.

Archived