2016 5* LB Ben Davis (Bama signee)

RunInRed

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been saying for awhile I had a gut feeling we've got a shot and maybe we do. If we managed to pull him it would be the best NSD I've ever experienced.

I've been saying for awhile I had a gut feeling we've got a shot and maybe we do. If we managed to pull him it would be the best NSD I've ever experienced.

I hope it is Auburn he chooses. I wonder though if it is not Alabama if it will be pushed by his parents to be Georgia so as to save face that Ben at least did not pick Auburn.

We definitely have a shot. All be it a long shot but stranger things have happen

Don't try and put Rashan in the same breath as Ben. Davis hasn't played us in a song and dance to shaft the program for the enemy. Evans did what no one would do unless they had a father working it for personal gain. I don't "like" what happened with Foster but I have no positive feelings what so ever for Evans and crew. What he did deserves excommunication. Still pissed about it.

His last name is 'Davis'. That alone should be enough to give us confidence that he's going to pick Auburn. We're trying to build an entire team of Davises.

It's really rare for a LB to be truly ready straight from HS. Look at Thomas Davis with the Panthers: LB is all about anticipation and recognition, and things move very, very fast. A couple of weeks in August does not an SEC LB make.

Crazy to think that he's the biggest recruit left on our board and that they might not even have him as a priority, but it's possible.

If I had to guess (and that is exactly what I am doing), I would say that he is most assuredly a priority for updyke u. This is most likely an indication that he truly is considering other options and saban knows that he cannot strong arm him. I would still be shocked if he chose anyone else. Ecstatic if he chose Auburn

"Not a priority" was a poor way for me to phrase it. Perhaps a better way to say it is that Davis might be higher on our board than theirs.

Have we forgotten about Evans recruitment? Granted Ben's dad isn't a jaded former AU guy - but it seems Saban like to have that one guy to claim a 5* victory over AU each year. This would make 5 straight years of an "undecided" 5* considering both schools. Unfortunately, I see Mikey having a LB meltdown and having myself agree with him.

And...? Do you want us to just stop recruiting the kid? Are you going to melt down if we only almost get a kid that nobody thought we ever had a shot of getting? Also, Evans told our coaches that he was committing to Auburn. Davis has done no such thing.

Easy buddy. Im just saying I dont think he ends up here. Ive read my statement several times and still cant find the part where I said to stop recruiting him. Mikey may melt down - I am just going to be disappointed that we couldnt add to last years class.

Whether we like it or not - we all want the same thing here. That is to win like bama (spare me the integrity crap we all know). That starts with recruiting like bama. We have been close, but we have missed on some big pieces over the years. Eventually we have to start landing some of the Fosters, Evans, Alexanders (Kwon and Mackinzie), and Davis' that we can pair with guys like Carl and Monty before they graduate or go pro. If we land Derrick Brown and get to pair him with Byron Cowart - how would it look to have Tre/Davis/Holland as options at LB and Carlton sitting back at the corner? That is how you build championships and create the ever elusive consistency. Davis wont make or break AU - but could help start the right trend we all want.

Have we forgotten about Evans recruitment? Granted Ben's dad isn't a jaded former AU guy - but it seems Saban like to have that one guy to claim a 5* victory over AU each year. This would make 5 straight years of an "undecided" 5* considering both schools. Unfortunately, I see Mikey having a LB meltdown and having myself agree with him.

And...? Do you want us to just stop recruiting the kid? Are you going to melt down if we only almost get a kid that nobody thought we ever had a shot of getting? Also, Evans told our coaches that he was committing to Auburn. Davis has done no such thing.

Easy buddy. Im just saying I dont think he ends up here. Ive read my statement several times and still cant find the part where I said to stop recruiting him.

Not sure why else you'd want us to remember Evans's recruitment or that Saban tends to win these battles- especially since Davis's situation is completely different than that of Evans, or Foster, or Yeldon, or CK- but ok.

Whether we like it or not - we all want the same thing here. That is to win like bama (spare me the integrity crap we all know). That starts with recruiting like bama. We have been close, but we have missed on some big pieces over the years. Eventually we have to start landing some of the Fosters, Evans, Alexanders (Kwon and Mackinzie), and Davis' that we can pair with guys like Carl and Monty before they graduate or go pro. If we land Derrick Brown and get to pair him with Byron Cowart - how would it look to have Tre/Davis/Holland as options at LB and Carlton sitting back at the corner? That is how you build championships and create the ever elusive consistency. Davis wont make or break AU - but could help start the right trend we all want.

Yep. Which is why we're recruiting Ben Davis very hard and haven't just conceded him to bama like many have suggested that we do.

Not to deflate the conversation, but, if Davis chooses AU over Bama, it would be one of the biggest upsets in AU-AL recruiting history.

Davis is all UAT's. Dad is a legacy there, they are known as lb university and I believe he already knows but is just a nice kid and enjoying the recruiting process. Our chances are none and less than that. IMHO

Mikey may melt down - I am just going to be disappointed that we couldnt add to last years class.

Oh no, I'd hardly melt down over a 5* bammer legacy choosing bammer. Failing to get more than one quality LB recruit in this class, or even only two should we manage to sign Ben Davis....Now there's something to be very concerned about.

Whether we out-smarted ourselves by slow playing some LB prospects that other teams held in high regard or what, signing one or two a year won't maintain the position, let alone strengthen it.

His recruitment is very odd. If uat really wanted him and he was all uat like most here think than no way would Saban allow him to visit AU this weekend. It's like uat is interested but not totally interested. Does any of that make sense?

So did they not want Evans? I think they use certain guys like this every year to try and make us look bad. Unfortunately it usually works. I'm putting it at a 1 percent chance he comes to AU (not that my opinion matters)

Why do seem to have problems getting commitments? L Wilson and Ben Davis seem headed to uat. They are 2 of the top LB's in America and and in Alabama and yet, we're having trouble getting these 5* guys.

Why do seem to have problems getting commitments? L Wilson and Ben Davis seem headed to uat. They are 2 of the top LB's in America and and in Alabama and yet, we're having trouble getting these 5* guys.

Love this guy.

His recruitment is very odd. If uat really wanted him and he was all uat like most here think than no way would Saban allow him to visit AU this weekend. It's like uat is interested but not totally interested. Does any of that make sense?

So did they not want Evans? I think they use certain guys like this every year to try and make us look bad. Unfortunately it usually works. I'm putting it at a 1 percent chance he comes to AU (not that my opinion matters)

Totally different families and class of people. Ben Davis and his parents are totally class acts. They have been upfront with AU from the start.

I'll root for Davis even if he signs with uat.

Mikey may melt down - I am just going to be disappointed that we couldnt add to last years class.

Oh no, I'd hardly melt down over a 5* bammer legacy choosing bammer. Failing to get more than one quality LB recruit in this class, or even only two should we manage to sign Ben Davis....Now there's something to be very concerned about.

Whether we out-smarted ourselves by slow playing some LB prospects that other teams held in high regard or what, signing one or two a year won't maintain the position, let alone strengthen it.

Boom cost up a LBer or two. His LBer recruiting was very odd for sure.

Mack Wilson & AU stopped talking to each other this Summer. AU didn't want him or what appears to be his entitled & lathargic on the field attitude & he didn't want AU.

Mack Wilson & AU stopped talking to each other this Summer. AU didn't want him or what appears to be his entitled & lathargic on the field attitude & he didn't want AU.

Only other school actively recruiting Wilson is UF. Happens when you recruit for uat while visiting other schools.

Only other school actively recruiting Wilson is UF. Happens when you recruit for uat while visiting other schools.

^^^THIS^^^ Too bad Reese wasn't around, could have been a classic!!

Easy buddy. Im just saying I dont think he ends up here. Ive read my statement several times and still cant find the part where I said to stop recruiting him.

Not sure why else you'd want us to remember Evans's recruitment or that Saban tends to win these battles- especially since Davis's situation is completely different than that of Evans, or Foster, or Yeldon, or CK- but ok.

Yep. Which is why we're recruiting Ben Davis very hard and haven't just conceded him to bama like many have suggested that we do.

Notice I did not bring up Yeldon or CK and please notice I mentioned the Evans dad factor. I would possibly argue, now that you mention it, that AU needs to find a way to win the CK type battles. I dont buy that he was confused which school he was choosing. If big time recruiting is dirty we should at least have a grass stain on our knee.

Notice I did not bring up Yeldon or CK and please notice I mentioned the Evans dad factor. I would possibly argue, now that you mention it, that AU needs to find a way to win the CK type battles. I dont buy that he was confused which school he was choosing. If big time recruiting is dirty we should at least have a grass stain on our knee.

Would grass stains on both knees be ok or better?

I agree with you there. If we were to sign Threat, Davis, and Davis Jr. I would potentially be OK with that. If we had 2 or 3 solid classes behind them then I would declare we accomplished what we needed to do this year.

Would grass stains on both knees be ok or better?

Hey, this is a family board! =)

You said big time recruiting is dirty on the "ask me" thread. Some years it seems we watch others play in the mud and reap the benefits.

Archived