2016 5* LB Ben Davis (Bama signee)

RunInRed

We're number 5 on his list

At least he's not stringing us along claiming to be a silent commit until the last minute...

We're number 5 on his list

At least he's not stringing us along claiming to be a silent commit until the last minute...

It's probably best we move on. #5 is pretty much impossible to come back from unless we hire Bill Cowher as our next DC.

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These lists change daily. 5 today, 1 tomorrow, 3 the next day, who cares? Time will tell, it's like a spinning wheel of fortune, ours may be the number the pointer finally stops on.

I think its Georgia and Alabama lean all the way as of now. But if AU chooses the right D-coordinator AU can always sneak back in the mix. Because for one, I don't think he is enrolling in January.

What do you base this on?

HATTIESBURG, Miss. — It’s clear that the coaching change at UGA has made a significant impact on recruiting.

Marlon Davidson, the nation’s No. 2 defensive end, told unofficial SEC Country reporter Ben Davis, the nation’s No. 1 inside linebacker, that UGA is in good shape with him because of the addition of Kirby Smart.

“Georgia is coming a little harder now that Kirby is there with (UGA defensive line coach Tracy) Rocker,” Davidson told Davis. “It’s looking pretty good.”

Davidson, a 5-star prospect who is committed to Auburn, maintains that his commitment is only “75 percent” solid.

It should be noted that Ben Davis, another 5-star prospect, announced on Monday that UGA is his leader.

In the video below, you can get the answers to the following questions:

1) A surprise SEC team is making a strong push for Davidson. Which one?

2) Now that Smart has left Alabama, who is his primary recruiter?

Yeah I know a lot of sites for the best info because I have grown up with a lot of former recruits from Birmingham area

I think its Georgia and Alabama lean all the way as of now. But if AU chooses the right D-coordinator AU can always sneak back in the mix. Because for one, I don't think he is enrolling in January.

Note the highlighted part. On what do you base your opinion that he isn't enrolling in January?

Note the highlighted part. On what do you base your opinion that he isn't enrolling in January?

I clearly said I don't THINK note the all CAPS besides you can find whether they are enrolling early anywhere go to 247 and listen to KN

Every time we need a new defensive coach, Bill Cowher's name pops up. I'd love to have him as DC though.

Who brings it up besides you?

Every time we need a new defensive coach, Bill Cowher's name pops up. I'd love to have him as DC though.

Agreed. Cowher is not coming here, though. Move on.

Who brings it up besides you?

I think there are other voices only he can hear. They all LOVE Cowher.

Is Auburn really only going after 2 LB's for 2016? not good. Let's at least sign 3 and the 3rd one being Ben Davis. IMO, 4 linebackers in our class would be a lot better.

Is Auburn really only going after 2 LB's for 2016? not good. Let's at least sign 3 and the 3rd one being Ben Davis. IMO, 4 linebackers in our class would be a lot better.

I think we went after several more but they didn't choose Auburn. That's been going on for a long number of years now. Maybe last year was a little better but we've had a LOT of swings and misses at top LB prospects.

We need to run a defense that has no linebackers. Like a 5-0-6

Bet Bama could run that junk and make it work. :no:

I thought we are out of this completely... We are at the bottom of his top 5. Why does his thread still show up.

For entertainment purposes only! ;)

Archived