2017 4* QB Lowell Narcisse (LSU recommit 12/19/16)

CameronCrazy

LSU may not be showing much love now.  I feel bad for the kid but I think he's has had 2 ACLs, so Narcisse probably hasn't played a lot of HS football.  I understand LN has great skills but can he stay healthy? AU coaches must feel he can compete with Woody and Joey.  I doubt if this development has anything to do with Bishop's possible flip.  I've heard Bishop is more of a Safety prospect anyway. With the knee issues I wouldn't think Narcisse would be signed as an athlete.  

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, autan said:

LSU may not be showing much love now.  I feel bad for the kid but I think he's has had 2 ACLs, so Narcisse probably hasn't played a lot of HS football.  I understand LN has great skills but can he stay healthy? AU coaches must feel he can compete with Woody and Joey.  I doubt if this development has anything to do with Bishop's possible flip.  I've heard Bishop is more of a Safety prospect anyway. With the knee issues I wouldn't think Narcisse would be signed as an athlete.  

Gus is noted to take some risks on his QBs going all the way back to Pike.  Wondering about LN.....but would be crappy of LSU to flip an AU commit and then later drop him over the injury....but that's big time college football I guess. 

56 minutes ago, autan said:

I a, not sure about that. From what I am hearing over here in Louisiana is that LSU is going all in on the DT QBs.

9 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Gus is noted to take some risks on his QBs going all the way back to Pike.  Wondering about LN.....but would be crappy of LSU to flip an AU commit and then later drop him over the injury....but that's big time college football I guess. 

It would be crappy but I'm sure they would use coaching change as an excuse. We've had some tough luck with injuries to recruits in recent years. Also part of big time football.

4 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I just don't know... 2 major knee injuries? Is this correct? If so,  are they the same knee? 

If he is truly healthy and isn't another QB injury waiting to happen, I'd prefer LN to Mond. But I'd have to make darn sure he is healthy, or can FULLY recover to 100%

I believe it's been one on both knees( I may be wrong on that). I'd prefer LN to just about every QB that was on our board for this class, imo. And that's before the surgeries, of course.

I'd still love for us to get him. Even if he doesn't end up fully recovering, I'd rather have his potential on our sidelines than someone else's. 

If he does fully recover, he could be a great QB for us.

edit: in comparing his "5 months off an acl surgery" highlights to his older highlights he does seem to give a little limp and a little less too end speed but was still performing pretty well especially only being 5 months into its rehab.

Free snipit from Rivals article on LN's AU OV

AUBURN | St. James (La.) quarterback and LSU commitment Lowell Narcisse is considering switching his allegiance back to Auburn, where he initially committed, after taking an official visit to the Plains this weekend.

“I like all the young talent that they have,” Narcisse said. “They have everything except a quarterback, and that plays a big factor. They feel like I have the skillset to come in and compete for the job early on, and that’s one of my goals.”

That's a potential nice turn of events with QB recruiting.  Would Auburn take both JS and LN? I would think so since they are 2 playing years apart.  

After watching an unrated Baniko Harley destroy a very good Opelika defence, would we also take a look at an unknown guy.Sorry if this in the wrong place.

12 minutes ago, Martinisat5 said:

After watching an unrated Baniko Harley destroy a very good Opelika defence, would we also take a look at an unknown guy.Sorry if this in the wrong place.

I haven't watched the game yet but I did listen friday night. Opelika has a good defense but they had no answer for that guy. 

"They have everything except a quarterback"?. :dunno: I realize that his commitment would be a plus but I wish some of these guys could be more respectful of others. Sean led and played his heart out for this team this year and I'd call that being a quarterback. 

3 hours ago, AUBwins said:

That's a potential nice turn of events with QB recruiting.  Would Auburn take both JS and LN? I would think so since they are 2 playing years apart.  

Yes.

3 hours ago, Martinisat5 said:

They want 2 QBs. I'm not sure what they will do for the HS QB in the class if they miss LN.

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

"They have everything except a quarterback"?. :dunno: I realize that his commitment would be a plus but I wish some of these guys could be more respectful of others. Sean led and played his heart out for this team this year and I'd call that being a quarterback. 

2 hours ago, au_bsci_04 said:

TBH he's just regurgitating the sales pitch the coaches are presenting.

Yep. Sean is really good when he is healthy. Problem is he has not been durable enough to be the full season QB. Unfortunately LN has has durability issues too.

8 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

TBH he's just regurgitating the sales pitch the coaches are presenting.

The sales pitch is accurate. Stidham and Lowell both should be prepared to win the starting spot.

If we've learned nothing else from this season we've learned we need to have more than one quarterback.  That especially holds true if we expect our quarterback to run the ball a lot.

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

The sales pitch is accurate. Stidham and Lowell both should be prepared to win the starting spot.

I don't know. I think Woody Barrett might be a better recruit than Narcisse, at least for the first couple of years.

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

Poor choice of words by LN. I'm sure he didn't mean it the way it sounds  And I sure hope he didn't get those words or even that impression from players and/or staff that handled his visit. I do realize I'm too old school.  

3 minutes ago, autan said:

Poor choice of words by LN. I'm sure he didn't mean it the way it sounds  And I sure hope he didn't get those words or even that impression from players and/or staff that handled his visit. I do realize I'm too old school.  

My guess is he meant to say Auburn didn't have a qb recruit. Who knows though.

1 hour ago, thaitopher said:

I don't know. I think Woody Barrett might be a better recruit than Narcisse, at least for the first couple of years.

Well we need immediate help. Guess I want Stidham then. Stidham and Woody should provide a real quarterback competition with Sean. People doesn't need to get buthurt about what LN said though. It's a tough skin business and it wasn't anything personal.

I doubt if anyone gets their feelings hurt about what LN said or meant to say. Kid is probably 17 or maybe 18.  We can't expect Narcisse to handle recruiting with the maturity of JS.

Archived