2016 4* WR Eli Stove (AU commit 5/30/15)

CameronCrazy

Marquis McClain is a WR who is committed to us.

Great upside to that guy, I know his services are coveted by many schools at the moment. Will be a nice win for his sig.

He will sign with Auburn. Trust the Doc on this one. Give a recruit's name, and I will gladly tell you who he will sign with!

!

You say all of them will sign with Auburn. That way you are correct roughly 25 times a year, which is better than most around here. :)/>

Right you are young grasshopper!

I have the gift of being close to correct about 40% of the time. The other 60% is even better!

Yeah but when you are wrong you are wrong for Auburn and with class.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He keeps on saying just in case. Is that related to NCM? Just in case of what?

Everybody needs a holla' back girl. It's only smart to keep options open. I suppose his biggest 'in case" would be Coach Craig leaving Auburn for another job.

Everybody needs a holla' back girl. It's only smart to keep options open. I suppose his biggest 'in case" would be Coach Craig leaving Auburn for another job.

Agreed

Agreed

10-4

For whatever reason, 247 dropped Eli 200 spots and isn't even in the top 247 anymore.

I'm surprised by the huge drop. Obviously every body aren't as surprised as me. I guess Eli's main problem is that he was not considering Bama.

For whatever reason, 247 dropped Eli 200 spots and isn't even in the top 247 anymore.

I'm surprised by the huge drop. Obviously every body aren't as surprised as me. I guess Eli's main problem is that he was not considering Bama.

How drastic the drop shocked everyone including Keith. Barton Simmons has lost his mind on final evals & everyone is all over him for it, including team fans that benefited from it. BS's reasoning for dropping Eli 200 spots was he said Eli never stood out all year given all the events he went to. AU fans jumped all over that as 247 had Eli as a top WR on 1 of the UA practice days.

He also said team & scheme fit was a factor in final rankings. Everyone involved regardless of team fandom jumped all over him for that. For example, he said woody was a 4* cuz of his AU fit. If he were committed to Bama he would have been a 3*. That's obsurd logic in my & many opinion. Players go through multiple coaches & schemes in their 3-5 years on campus.

Rate them on what you believe their overall potential is regardless of scheme or fit. It's up to the colleges to develop & not waste them. If they don't then oh well. There is way too much coach & philosophy movement on a whole to rate kids based on current college scheme or fit.

So rankings are subjective? Weird

Them being subjective is not weird. The standards BS used this year are obsurd. Like many have said, He needs to be consistent w/ his criteria which he hasn't been. I'm not crazy about ratings high schoolers based on pro potential but it's a lot better than college scheme or fir which is volitile. He rated some by fit, like Woody & others by pro pootential.

How drastic the drop shocked everyone including Keith. Barton Simmons has lost his mind on final evals & everyone is all over him for it, including team fans that benefited from it. BS's reasoning for dropping Eli 200 spots was he said Eli never stood out all year given all the events he went to. AU fans jumped all over that as 247 had Eli as a top WR on 1 of the UA practice days.

He also said team & scheme fit was a factor in final rankings. Everyone involved regardless of team fandom jumped all over him for that. For example, he said woody was a 4* cuz of his AU fit. If he were committed to Bama he would have been a 3*. That's obsurd logic in my & many opinion. Players go through multiple coaches & schemes in their 3-5 years on campus.

Rate them on what you believe their overall potential is regardless of scheme or fit. It's up to the colleges to develop & not waste them. If they don't then oh well. There is way too much coach & philosophy movement on a whole to rate kids based on current college scheme or fit.

When KK called him out on Twitter, Barton then indicated that AU recruits in the past have been overrated...I guess he missed the part where AU lead the NFL with 14 rookies this past year. Our development may have been lacking, but our recruits have certainly been talented.

Talking to yourself again Jeff? Gotta get rid of those voices in your head. :)

Talking to yourself again Jeff? Gotta get rid of those voices in your head. :)/>

Oh you know me. Constantly talking to my other personality. Laughing at my own jokes. And talking to my volleyball, Wilson.

Them being subjective is not weird. The standards BS used this year are obsurd. Like many have said, He needs to be consistent w/ his criteria which he hasn't been. I'm not crazy about ratings high schoolers based on pro potential but it's a lot better than college scheme or fir which is volitile. He rated some by fit, like Woody & others by pro pootential.

Well they are BS standards....get it?

Absurd is putting it mildly too, it's more like a kabuki dance. At the same time it was a real eye opener. He finally confirms something we all suspected, that the school a player commits to effects his rating, or not, when he is questioned about it. That an 18 year old's "NFL potential" effects the rating, or not. That a player's performance in an all star event effects his rating, or not, even when 247 analysts at the event say the opposite about a player that he does.

Specifically, that he dropped Stove 200 places because "he didn't stand out at all star events", even though his own people say the opposite. That he rated Coe higher than Davidson. That an alabama NT who according to him, "does only one thing right", is a 4* because he is going to bama. In short, he confirms that yes, the/his system is absurd.

Stove received a higher ranking on ESPN recruiting rankings. I think ESPN base their rankings on how recruits will transition in college. All throughout under armor week, espn experts were impressed with Stove's route running ability, hands, and his ability to get off the line of scrimmage. And not only Stove but Landon Rice, Tre Threat, Woody Barret, and John Broussard all received praise and higher rankings.

Archived