Coach Lance Thompson

RunInRed

A good interview ...

Lance Thompson's decision to leave Alabama for Auburn sent ripples across the college football landscape, in part because the shift is so rare.

"It's just the nature of the business," Thompson said. "People on the outside look at it and see different things, but I think on the inside, the parties involved, everybody understands why I made the decision and why it was a good decision for me."

"Some personal things there (in Tuscaloosa), but at the end of the day, it was an opportunity to grow professionally," Thompson said. "Obviously, Nick's a great coach, he's done a great job at Alabama, Alabama's a good program. I've got nothing bad to say about them."

"A lot of people said we had the best defensive players and the best defensive staff in the country (at Alabama)," Thompson said. "He (Malzahn) hung 630 yards on us and 44 points, and that was very humbling. They did a great job over there on the defensive side of the ball; this guy has always been really difficult to defend."

"I really like what he stands for, the way he is as a man, the way he treats people," Thompson said. "Obviously, working for Will in the past with all the things that Will's accomplished as a defensive coach, it's always good to be with people like that. So it was a good opportunity."

"When I recruit, I just offer kids opportunities," Thompson said. "I kind of share my own story of how ball gave me a chance to go get an education and build a network that you'll have for the rest of your life. That's kind of the way I approach it."

http://www.al.com/sp..._lance_tho.html

Good stuff Red thanks for posting. I really like the entire staff Gus has assembled at Auburn. Thompson is going to be a big asset

Maybe he'll stay put for a while and provide some stability for his personal and professional life.

Good stuff Red thanks for posting. I really like the entire staff Gus has assembled at Auburn. Thompson is going to be a big asset

^^This^^

Maybe he'll stay put for a while and provide some stability for his personal and professional life.

His comments about Gus and the kind of man he is lead me to believe he thinks he's found a place he really wants to be for a while.

"...the way he treats people," Thompson said (referring to CGM)

I'm sure it's MUCH different than the way Shorty treats people. This guy never met CGM until his interviews? Must have been a STARK contrast.

I enjoyed watching that clip with coach Thompson. Has TRob talked to the media? I'd like to hear what he has to say about coming home and what he thinks about next season.

I enjoyed watching that clip with coach Thompson. Has TRob talked to the media? I'd like to hear what he has to say about coming home and what he thinks about next season.

all the coaches have talked to the media. Here is T-Rob.

This speaks volumes about Gus and Will:

"I really like what he stands for, the way he is as a man, the way he treats people," Thompson said. "Obviously, working for Will in the past with all the things that Will's accomplished as a defensive coach, it's always good to be with people like that. So it was a good opportunity."

This speaks volumes about Gus and Will:

Did he really mean am glad to get to work for someone who actually cares about you and not all about him?

I always thought he looked like a used car salesman. Maybe that was my bammer bias showing.... :-\ But I was really impressed with that interview. He took some subtle jabs at saban and really seems happy to be in a different environment. Going to be great to see what he can accomplish with Boom.

I always thought he looked like a used car salesman. Maybe that was my bammer bias showing.... :-\ But I was really impressed with that interview. He took some subtle jabs at saban and really seems happy to be in a different environment. Going to be great to see what he can accomplish with Boom.

Working with Saban will do that to a man. You got to go along with what the head man wants and we all know what matters to Saban.

I also think that my unfortunate bias built towards Bama gave me a negative view to Coach Thompson, but that interview really gave me a good new perspective on the man. He seems like a sound professional and a GREAT asset to our staff and to these young men.

War Damn Eagle

Archived