2016 5* DT Rashan Gary (Michigan Signee)

McLoofus

We really need Rashan on our d-line.

Seriously, do you have to randomly bump threads all the damn time? At this point you're just spamming the boards.

If he doesn't annoy at least 50 people a day then he won't make his quota.

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like she is going to make sure her son doesn't get screwed

Yeah.

I can't imagine it being a bad thing that a parent is looking out for their kid during recruitment. Now, if that turns into a helicopter parent interfering with the kid's development on and off the field, then that's different. But whether it's Michigan or an SEC school, Rashan is going to school somewhere very far away from Jersey. If she's just trying to help make sure that he's going to be getting the guidance she won't be able to give him from <x>,000 miles away, then I applaud her involvement.

Yeah.

I can't imagine it being a bad thing that a parent is looking out for their kid during recruitment. Now, if that turns into a helicopter parent interfering with the kid's development on and off the field, then that's different. But whether it's Michigan or an SEC school, Rashan is going to school somewhere very far away from Jersey. If she's just trying to help make sure that he's going to be getting the guidance she won't be able to give him from <x>,000 miles away, then I applaud her involvement.

Totally agree. Everyone needs a family member like her.

Anybody seen the Michigan boards lately?

Full meltdown mode last time I saw them

Yup

what are they melting down about? Do we have a legitimate shoot with this kid?

From the Jersey papers:

A lot goes into picking a collegiate destination, especially when you are five-star defensive end Rashan Gary and can attend just about any college you want on a full scholarship.

Hence, the Paramus (N.J.) Catholic star plans to take an extra step — three to be exact — in making his final decision.

He hopes to take unofficial visits to his top three schools — which will be determined after taking all five of his official visits — where he will be a "student for the day."

Throughout the unofficial visits, Gary will get an opportunity to spend the day in the life of a student at his finalist schools, and get a good feel for which school suits him best.

"I'll probably take a couple non-officials to the three that I'm looking at, like a student of the day visit," said Gary. "So from there, after I take those visits, I should have a good idea of where I'm going."

Although the three schools have yet to be determined, Michigan, Auburn and Ole Miss, all schools he has already taken official visits to, appear to be doing well down the stretch. However, the effect of Gary's two final official visits could keep things fluid as National Signing Day approaches.

It will be a busy final month of his recruitment as Gary must also find time to host numerous head coaches at his home, as teams fight to make their final pitches.

Gary has his fourth official visit scheduled for Jan. 15 when he will fly to the west coast and experience what USC has to offer.

And he tells NJ.com that Clemson could be the team to land his fifth and final official visit some time before National Signing Day on Feb. 3.

Yup

The meltdown is that UM fans believe Gary is trending with Auburn. Who knows the source of that information.

Yeah.

Totally agree. Everyone needs a family member like her.

Hosely's mom was like that and once they were on board she even recruited for the next class.

I can't imagine a parent not being actively involved. These coaches are seasoned professional salesmen who make their living on building relationships as part of their jobs.

Just because this mom is giving interviews to media doesn't make her more or less involved in her sons recruitment than other parents.

I can't imagine a parent not being actively involved. These coaches are seasoned professional salesmen who make their living on building relationships as part of their jobs.

Just because this mom is giving interviews to media doesn't make her more or less involved in her sons recruitment than other parents.

She may be more vocal then other parents. But a parent would be remiss not to be involved in the decision. I would help my son through the process I wouldn't pick the school but I would help him to narrow it down to schools that I felt would help him achieve his goals academically, socially and on the field. I might veto a school I thought was selling him a bill of goods but once we were down to solid schools it would be my sons choice. Help but don't dictate as kids need to grow up and escape the nest.

I'm in the process of helping my kid now. She has D1 capability (still a couple years away) but I'm not sure it will end up being her path. I want to be there as a guide, confidante and advisor (even slightly as a protector/mediator) but ultimately the final decision is hers. I will try my darnedest to teach her to the point I won't be needed - but she will still be a teenager when the decision is made. Rare is the teenager that doesn't need support and guidance.

Yup

The meltdown is that UM fans believe Gary is trending with Auburn. Who knows the source of that information.

Ha and we think Ole Miss! Who do every think? Clemson?

He will sign with Auburn. Case closed. Ole Miss peaked this season. Look for a decline in wins for 2016 for the Webels.8-5 is the correct number my friends.

I am not kidding and am dead on serious. Remember this post next season. You will be amazed at how accurate I can be once in a while.

Is Rashan a strong lean towards Auburn yet? Like Derrick Brown, they'll both have coaches Steele and Garner teaching them how to become even better DL then what they are now.

He will sign with Auburn. Case closed. Ole Miss peaked this season. Look for a decline in wins for 2016 for the Webels.8-5 is the correct number my friends.

I am not kidding and am dead on serious. Remember this post next season. You will be amazed at how accurate I can be once in a while.

If you're wrong I want a vegemite sandwich from the land down under!

If you're wrong I want a vegemite sandwich from the land down under!

Well......I heard from a man in Brussels. He was 6 foot 4 and full of muscles....,and he said Gary was signing with Auburn. Stay tuned.

If some of you guys are right and Gary does sign with us. This may be the best D-Line group Auburn has ever recruited in one year. I am not a recruiting historian so please correct my statement if I am wrong.

If some of you guys are right and Gary does sign with us. This may be the best D-Line group Auburn has ever recruited in one year. I am not a recruiting historian so please correct my statement if I am wrong.

The 2013 class was extremely strong on NSD- Lawson, Adams, Daniel and Bradley. And it remains to be seen if Newkirk, Marshall and/or Coe stick in this class (I think we're optimistic about Coe). But even "just" Davidson, James, Jackson and Gary would look awfully good on paper next to that 2013 class, since Gary is as highly thought of as any recruit at any position in years and James and Jackson are both high 4*s (I think). And, of course, if none of them were to commit a crime and subsequently be dismissed from the team, then they would probably end up being a better class in reality.

I hope we get to have that conversation in February!

Archived