2016 3* JUCO OT Demetri Moore (Virginia Tech commit)

IronMan70

You, IronMan, and I all agree that Moore thinks UGA is more sincere in its offer than Auburn. I just wondered whether he was right about that. I guess you think he is?

Because UGA offered first, I would think so. Who knows.

Well, that's why I asked. We know offers are made all the time that are not actually commitable. If UGA's offer is commitable, then the fact that they offered first really is an indication they want him more, I would say. But if it's not a commitable offer, then the fact that they offered first indicates nothing about their sincerity. In fact, if they offered, but it wasn't commitable, while our later offer is, that would mean we're actually more sincere.

I don't know whether either offer is commitable.

I don't know either. Both could be committable just as well. Maybe Auburn didnt offer him just because UGA offered him, but because somebody else, maybe the mormon, fell through.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You, IronMan, and I all agree that Moore thinks UGA is more sincere in its offer than Auburn. I just wondered whether he was right about that. I guess you think he is?

Because UGA offered first, I would think so. Who knows.

Well, that's why I asked. We know offers are made all the time that are not actually commitable. If UGA's offer is commitable, then the fact that they offered first really is an indication they want him more, I would say. But if it's not a commitable offer, then the fact that they offered first indicates nothing about their sincerity. In fact, if they offered, but it wasn't commitable, while our later offer is, that would mean we're actually more sincere.

I don't know whether either offer is commitable.

I don't know either. Both could be committable just as well. Maybe Auburn didnt offer him just because UGA offered him, but because somebody else, maybe the mormon, fell through.

So, it looks like we have work to do here. The kid obviously feels slighted by us. That's not good, especially if we really do want him.

ETA: As for Bolles, I think a lot depends on his fiance and what she wants. Hard to blame a man for that. But maybe she'll love Auburn.

• 3 weeks later...

Instead of a 3* JUCO product why not get a HS kid? At least you can get 4 years instead of 2 years from a 3 star guy, it just seems AU depends too much on JUCO players.

Instead of a 3* JUCO product why not get a HS kid? At least you can get 4 years instead of 2 years from a 3 star guy, it just seems AU depends too much on JUCO players.

It's not an either or situation, you get both. You get a JuCo or a graduate transfer if you need to fill an immediate need on the 2 deep. Most of the time, a HS offensive lineman who is now a TrFr, won't be able to do that yet.

• 2 months later...

Archived