2017 4* LB Will Ignont (Vols 10/26/16)

McLoofus

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

His loss. 

He may not even be able to choose Auburn if he wanted to. Remember he made himself not a take for Auburn because of some of his antics earlier. It's possible he's still not a take because of those things.

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He may not even be able to choose Auburn if he wanted to. Remember he made himself not a take for Auburn because of some of his antics earlier. It's possible he's still not a take because of those things.

Ahh, that's right. 

Anxious to see who we end up with...

47 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not likely Auburn per Keith. He hasn't visited Auburn in a long time.

Based off that in his last visit was to Tennessee my guess is the Vols. Picks are pouring in for Tennessee since his tweet.

LMAO of course. Anywhere but Auburn. This kid was looking for a place that was anywhere but Auburn. He kept flirting with us and flirting with us and had us as a backup plan in case the other options fell through like his first option in UAT did. The curse continues of guys who actually grew up Auburn "fans".

I expect us to get Britt and Taylor though so as DC used to say.... WE GUCCI!!!!!

FWIW - OM seems fairly confident on their boards............

I hate that we take issue with these kids that have some character flaw. Can CGM and company not handle this? uat has quite a few questionable kids including one RF who is a crazy good LB. Part of me feels like this is "our loss". Worth noting im not talking about domestic violence or rapey issues.

31 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

LMAO of course. Anywhere but Auburn. This kid was looking for a place that was anywhere but Auburn. He kept flirting with us and flirting with us and had us as a backup plan in case the other options fell through like his first option in UAT did. The curse continues of guys who actually grew up Auburn "fans".

My understanding is this wasn't the case at all. At one point when it was known he was not a take for AU, he genuinely wanted in. And as I said above he still not be an AU take. If so that does not fit the anywhere but Auburn monicur.

2 minutes ago, AUcivE09 said:

I hate that we take issue with these kids that have some character flaw. Can CGM and company not handle this? uat has quite a few questionable kids including one RF who is a crazy good LB. Part of me feels like this is "our loss". Worth noting im not talking about domestic violence or rapey issues.

Why take the risk though when you have 6 to 8 quality linebackers on your board for four spots? He was not considered head and shoulders ahead of the other Tier 1 Targets by Coach T-WILL and company.

8 minutes ago, AUcivE09 said:

What character issues does RF have? Certainly none that scared us off. We tried like hell to sign him, didn't we?

What other kids do they have with bad character flaws? They signed Jonathan Taylor and that didn't work out so well. 

We signed Elijah Daniel, that didn't work out so well.

I don't think we just automatically pass on any kid that isn't spic'n'span. 

52 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

You don't have a clue. Was all AU but AU backed off last summer. uat was not his first choice. And after uat backed off Ignont after they found out AU was not interested. Kid is talented but has lots of issues. 

19 minutes ago, ellitor said:

My understanding is this wasn't the case at all. At one point when it was known he was not a take for AU, he genuinely wanted in. And as I said above he still not be an AU take. If so that does not fit the anywhere but Auburn monicur.

The most anywhere but Auburn situation I can ever remember since I became a die hard recruiting junkie was Kwon Alexander. Was not a take for Alabama because of the injuries but they and his HS coaches literally pushed him and rather he went to LSU than Auburn. I was so furious. We desperately needed quality LBers under Chizik.

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

What character issues does RF have? Certainly none that scared us off. We tried like hell to sign him, didn't we?

What other kids do they have with bad character flaws? They signed Jonathan Taylor and that didn't work out so well. 

And there wasn't any clues that Daniel had character issues before we signed him.

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

You don't have a clue. Was all AU but AU backed off last summer. uat was not his first choice. And after uat backed off Ignont after they found out AU was not interested. Kid is talented but has lots of issues. 

hey hey don't let logic get in the way of my narrative I am pushing here!!!! It does not make for a juicy story!

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

The most anywhere but Auburn situation I can ever remember since I became a die hard recruiting junkie was Kwon Alexander. Was not a take for Alabama because of the injuries but they and his HS coaches literally pushed him and rather he went to LSU than Auburn. I was so furious. We desperately needed quality LBers under Chizik.

Yes but we're talking about Ignont, not Alexander.

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Loof RF had major issues. Shocked he is still at uat. 

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yes but we're talking about Ignont, not Alexander.

lol thank you for clearing that up.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

hey hey don't let logic get in the way of my narrative I am pushing here!!!! It does not make for a juicy story!

The Auburn SEC rant page is the spot for juicy stories. We try to stick to reality here when possible.

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

AU's staff pretty much cost AU Kwon. Can't try and get back on a kid a month before signing day and expect a kid with a uat coach help AU. IF the AU staff had made Kwon a priority from the start Kwon would have wore orange and blue. Fwiw the AU staff at the time was not that high on Kwon. Per a conversation I had myself with two AU assistant coaches. 

So no where but AU is bs. 

lol thank you for clearing that up.

Your post made it sound like you were clear of that. My apologies for clarifying.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

The Auburn SEC rant page is the spot for juicy stories. We try to stick to reality here when possible.

Listen the reality here FOR ME is I am just pissed off. I have always really wanted this kid. He has come to a ton of Auburn games over the years and until when he started playing games I thought was the biggest Auburn lock of this class so I am just a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle ticked off he most likely will not sign with us. O and obviously really talented to. Though TD is far and away the best LB in the state.

6 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Loof RF had major issues. Shocked he is still at uat. 

Interesting. Well, he's first team All American on every midseason list I've seen, so I'm guessing a lot can be forgiven as long as it doesn't see the light of day. 

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

AU's staff pretty much cost AU Kwon. Can't try and get back on a kid a month before signing day and expect a kid with a uat coach help AU. IF the AU staff had made Kwon a priority from the start Kwon would have wore orange and blue. Fwiw the AU staff at the time was not that high on Kwon. Per a conversation I had myself with two AU assistant coaches. 

So no where but AU is bs. 

New info that I had not heard. Thanks for sharing wde.

Listen the reality here FOR ME is I am just pissed off. I have always really wanted this kid. He has come to a ton of Auburn games over the years and until when he started playing games I thought was the biggest Auburn lock of this class so I am just a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle ticked off he most likely will not sign with us. O and obviously really talented to. Though TD is far and away the best LB in the state.

Understood. He was a silent to us for a long time last year but would never go public for whatever reason.

Archived