2017 4* LB Will Ignont (Vols 10/26/16)

McLoofus

That's just crazy to me lol, IMO u take 3 of the 4 if they want in. MR, WI and KJ or TT.

Ignont's own doing. Don't blame the coaches at all. "Plenty plenty of good LBers out there."

Sounds like the same philosophy the Auburn coaching staff has had since we had our last All-SEC LB way back in 2004.

There may be plenty of good linebackers out there, but Auburn either hasn't been getting them and/or developing 'em. Hopefully T-Will can change that.

Again, it's been 12 years since Auburn has had an all-conference linebacker -- way, way too long.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's just crazy to me lol, IMO u take 3 of the 4 if they want in. MR, WI and KJ or TT.

Ignont's own doing. Don't blame the coaches at all. "Plenty plenty of good LBers out there."

Sounds like the same philosophy the Auburn coaching staff has had since we had our last All-SEC LB way back in 2004.

There may be plenty of good linebackers out there, but Auburn either hasn't been getting them and/or developing 'em. Hopefully T-Will can change that.

Again, it's been 12 years since Auburn has had an all-conference linebacker -- way, way too long.

Josh Bynes is starting right now for the Lions. He was great, and that was 6 years ago. He was very undervalued.

He was also All-SEC in 2010. Not sure where the 12 year thing comes from. He was second team. Maybe 2004 was our last first teamer?

Josh Bynes is starting right now for the Lions. He was great, and that was 6 years ago. He was very undervalued.

If your were able to find him as a starter, you obviously know that he was filling in because of injury last season, he is not starting this year. Also pointing out 6 yrs ago, really doesn't help your argument especially since he wasn't all-conference, which obviously implies 1st team.

No. It obviously doesn't. Every school counts all-American or all-conference players whether they are first or second team.

If your were able to find him as a starter, you obviously know that he was filling in because of injury last season, he is not starting this year. Also pointing out 6 yrs ago, really doesn't help your argument especially since he wasn't all-conference, which obviously implies 1st team.

That is not a given. He's quite likely to be the starter this year. The Lions decided to let Stephen Tulloch walk and Bynes will be the only MLB with experience on the entire roster. Had they felt Bynes wasn't up to the task they certainly could have paid Tulloch his money or grabbed another MLB in free agency and chose not to.

As much as I hate to say it - I'll be very skeptical when it comes to a top LB choosing between us and uat. We have won our fair share of battles at just about every other position but I cannot name the last time we were not "publicly shamed" by one of these LB's - let alone landed one.

As much as I hate to say it - I'll be very skeptical when it comes to a top LB choosing between us and uat. We have won our fair share of battles at just about every other position but I cannot name the last time we were not "publicly shamed" by one of these LB's - let alone landed one.

Tre Williams says hello.

AU best uat for TD.

And don't get me wrong, Ignont still could be part of this class. Ignont just has some work to do for the AU staff.

He is not considering Bama anymore. Obviously that can change in a heart beat but that's where things are now.

He is not considering Bama anymore. Obviously that can change in a heart beat but that's where things are now.

Is it a case of him not considering bama or bama not considering him?

You missed his whole public decommit from his silent commit to Bama thing in early June didn't you? He eliminated them then & they have not been mentioned as a top contender since. He's still on Bama's board.

You missed his whole public decommit from his silent commit to Bama thing in early June didn't you? He eliminated them then & they have not been mentioned as a top contender since. He's still on Bama's board.

I just never knew for sure if he was a silent to bama. I thought it was message board rumor. Thanks for the info!

FWIW I think WI ends up at LSU. Recruitment reminds me a lot of Kwon Alexander's. Plus WI grew up LSU & AU fans & still has family in Louisiana which is where he grew up.

I really have no idea where he will land and I do not think he does either. I think AU trends at about 1/2 pt. above the others, but that is only until he gets a little more love from another school. He is really all over the map and just loves the attention that is part of the recruiting process.

On 7/9/2016 at 1:40 PM, ellitor said:

FWIW I think WI ends up at LSU. Recruitment reminds me a lot of Kwon Alexander's. Plus WI grew up LSU & AU fans & still has family in Louisiana which is where he grew up.

I have no info to support this, but I just have this feeling that WI's recruitment will not be over until he signs his NLI no matter if he commits to someone beforehand. I think that he's really enjoying the process and that he'll keep enjoying it all the way to the end (nothing wrong with that, even if it rubs some people the wrong way). 

5 minutes ago, AUEngineer2016 said:

I have no info to support this, but I just have this feeling that WI's recruitment will not be over until he signs his NLI no matter if he commits to someone beforehand. I think that he's really enjoying the process and that he'll keep enjoying it all the way to the end (nothing wrong with that, even if it rubs some people the wrong way). 

Enjoying the process is one thing. Giving silent commitments and then backing out on them multiple times is a different matter. I think we need a couple more linebackers in this class, just not sure this guy should be one of them.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Enjoying the process is one thing. Giving silent commitments and then backing out on them multiple times is a different matter. I think we need a couple more linebackers in this class, just not sure this guy should be one of them.

I agree 100%.

Agree Iron.."enjoying the process" in my view is not jerking people around or misleading them about your intentions.  

Take the trips and enjoy the travel and good food but be honest with people......many recruits seem able to do both. 

He's probably too nice. Wants to make everybody happy. He shouldn't agree to anything to anybody. Just leads to people questioning his character because he doesn't make the decision they want him to make

13 minutes ago, cole256 said:

He's probably too nice. Wants to make everybody happy. He shouldn't agree to anything to anybody. Just leads to people questioning his character because he doesn't make the decision they want him to make

That's what I was wondering. Maybe a combination of him not wanting to disappoint the coaches and them putting a ton of pressure on him for an early commitment. Folks can be upset about that and they might have a point, but I think that's different than him being outright dishonest. 

Absolutely. At the time he may actually feel like that's what he wants to do.  Just kids making the biggest decisions concerning their lives. Nobody can really know the entire story behind these kids decisions right now

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Getting kicked out of IMG will do that too.

Archived