2017 4* LB Will Ignont (Vols 10/26/16)

McLoofus

3 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Getting kicked out of IMG will do that too.

Maybe, but that certainly wasn't the concern raised that we were responding to. You need only read a few posts up to see that. 

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Maybe, but that certainly wasn't the concern raised that we were responding to. You need only read a few posts up to see that. 

Just looking at the sum total of all things that we do know about the guy. I have the same reservations that Mikey does, with a side of *shrug* about where he ends up. If it's AU great, if not, oh well.

This is a cycle that happens every year so IMO school stuff doesn't have anything to do with it, people don't know details of what exactly happened there either

Mikey said he was "just not sure" Ignont should be one of the LBs. I don't see any problem with being unsure about a given recruit. I happen to agree with him, in this particular case I am also unsure.

• ellitor featured and unfeatured this topic
On July 11, 2016 at 4:08 PM, cole256 said:

This is a cycle that happens every year so IMO school stuff doesn't have anything to do with it, people don't know details of what exactly happened there either

It's pretty well known why Ignont left IMG. Someone else can put why here but I'm not. 

That's cool and I'm DEFINITELY not trying to change anybody's opinion. Be reserved,  I'm just saying in the end you don't know these guys personally to know really. 

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

That's cool and I'm DEFINITELY not trying to change anybody's opinion. Be reserved,  I'm just saying in the end you don't know these guys personally to know really. 

I have no idea about this guy, or anyone else for that matter, but I've noticed that certain patterns have a way of repeating.

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

FWIW I don't see the IMG thing being a big issue. They are a private school so they kicked him out for the same reason 4 of our players got in trouble this Summer but won't miss time. It's likely a school policy at IMG. Don't have to know him personally to know what happened. Him doing it doesn't make him a bad person either.

1 minute ago, War to the Eagle said:

AU/LSU battle?

No, four teams are listed by Ignont as participants in his little game. Probably none of the four have any better chance of getting his signature than the other 100+ D-1 schools.

29 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

AU/LSU battle?

You would think, If AU wants him again at some point. We could wrap up the last 2 spots between 3 or 4 LBs soon before WI may be ready to commit somewhere.

7 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

Might get interesting for him if he got left out in the cold without a commitable offer (at least from his top choices).

I think the other 3 will gladly take him.

Sometimes these kids playing games, attitude issues, or what have you end up being pretty good players and leaders on a football team. I still have no idea where he ends up but I would be willing to bet he ends up starting and being an impact player at any of the 4 schools listed ------- or becomes the top JUCO out of MGCCC. No in between.

and what the hay is this member reputation stuff? Is it like working towards chaotic Evil or lawful good?

9 minutes ago, AUcivE09 said:

and what the hay is this member reputation stuff? Is it like working towards chaotic Evil or lawful good?

Lol no. It's the number of likes your posts gets.

11 minutes ago, AUcivE09 said:

Sometimes these kids playing games, attitude issues, or what have you end up being pretty good players and leaders on a football team. I still have no idea where he ends up but I would be willing to bet he ends up starting and being an impact player at any of the 4 schools listed ------- or becomes the top JUCO out of MGCCC. No in between.

Haven't heard of any grade concerns. That the only reason he would have to go to juco.

That's this week's 4...wonder what happened to bama and the secret commitment?    Sounds like NS or someone might have told him to come out publicly and quit the games.....or move along. 

I could be wrong but doesn't sound like he is in the same class with Evans or Rueben....and thus not really worth the game playing perhaps? 

Put me in the "shrug" category.

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

wonder what happened to bama and the secret commitment?    Sounds like NS or someone might have told him to come out publicly and quit the games.....or move along. 

Bama was not ready to take him when he wanted to go public. He got tired of their games ironically & cur them from his list. Paraphased from an interview he did 5 weeks ago.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Haven't heard of any grade concerns. That the only reason he would have to go to juco.

I was talking more like the route JF3 took to go to another D1 school. Boom or Bust player.

Archived