2017 4* LB Will Ignont (Vols 10/26/16)

McLoofus

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Lol no. It's the number of likes your posts gets.

Ive seen negative numbers as well - how does that work?

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AUcivE09 said:

Ive seen negative numbers as well - how does that work?

Error in formatting change.

46 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Whoever said this has a Kwon Alenxander feel to it a few days ago was spot on. LSU come sign in day IMO.

giphy.gif

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, tinman said:

Will is coming for the Clemson game.  Nothing better to do I guess.  He has narrowed to 3 teams, AU, LSU, & UCLA.

I haven't heard a word about him in quite a while. He is a hard one to figure out.

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

Interesting...KN with a CB for AU today. I know he was withholding judgment on Ignont b/c he was so flighty. Could this mean he's seen something convincing?

I see this as potentially good for us, if you want Ignont. KN does not typically jump the gun on CB's. Things could change, but....

20 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

Interesting...KN with a CB for AU today. I know he was withholding judgment on Ignont b/c he was so flighty. Could this mean he's seen something convincing?

If I come across free info I will post it but yes WI is trending to AU...as is Britt.

Our LB play against Clemson probably impressed them. I am not being sarcastic. It has been a long time since I could brag on Auburn Linebacker play but they were very good against Clemson.

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Expect Britt sooner rather than later.

Great! I am looking for our defense to play at this level or higher all year.

I don't keep up with any recruiting news other than this site so I don't know what's being said, but I did have 3 people strongly connected with the Buckhorn program tell me it's AU, and w/out hesitation. This may be old news or crap for all I know so don't shoot the messenger. :) These folks should have a very good idea though I will say. 

9 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

I don't keep up with any recruiting news other than this site so I don't know what's being said, but I did have 3 people strongly connected with the Buckhorn program tell me it's AU, and w/out hesitation. This may be old news or crap for all I know so don't shoot the messenger. :) These folks should have a very good idea though I will say. 

It's good. Ignont said over the weekend AU & UCLA a distant 3rd. He's never been to UCLA FWIW. AU appears very much in the driver's seat.

6 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Our LB play against Clemson probably impressed them. I am not being sarcastic. It has been a long time since I could brag on Auburn Linebacker play but they were very good against Clemson.

T-Will is the real deal. Has it all. His players love him. Recruits love him. And he can coach. The LBer class is done and is the best, on. paper, AU will sign in over 20 years. 

T-Will should get a huge raise right now. 

And T-Will loves AU. 

4 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

T-Will is the real deal. Has it all. His players love him. Recruits love him. And he can coach. The LBer class is done and is the best, on. paper, AU will sign in over 20 years. 

And T-Will loves AU. 

Moultry, Wooten, Ignont and Britt?

Nice to hear all the rest. The coaching aspect certainly seems to have reared its beautiful head this past Saturday. 

43 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

And T-Will loves AU. 

I am a big fan of TWill.

wde

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

And T-Will loves AU. 

This is fabulous news!  T-Will certainly put on a show Saturday.  

The DL did very well and that puts the LBs in a good position to make plays, but dare I say the LBs played every bit as well as the DL on Saturday.

1 hour ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

This is fabulous news!  T-Will certainly put on a show Saturday.  

The DL did very well and that puts the LBs in a good position to make plays, but dare I say the LBs played every bit as well as the DL on Saturday.

No kidding...I was more surprised by them than...well maybe no the quarterbacks. But they played, damn, fine, football!

14 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Moultry, Wooten, Ignont and Britt?

Nice to hear all the rest. The coaching aspect certainly seems to have reared its beautiful head this past Saturday. 

I think those are the 4 as well. Sweet class. Where is Mikey? I like when the LBer's are sure tacklers and move forward to close the hole and tackle. They have to be able to cover too and D. Davis did both well Saturday. He also delivered some pain.

19 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

Mikey ought to be through the roof.

I started through the roof when we signed the 2014 LB class and followed it with the 2015 class. What we needed for years was to sign enough QUALITY LB's so that several can fail (which several will do) and still field a good LB corps.  It's a crying shame is that this level of LB recruiting and coaching hasn't been going on since at least the 2011 class.

Now, signing only one LB in 2016 was a dismal failure but if we do sign four this year a one-season bump in the road can be overcome.

Anyway, it looks like the ship has been righted, for the present at least. Where are all those that scoffed when I said it was necessary to sign four to five LB's a year?

On 9/7/2016 at 8:54 AM, Mikey said:

Where are all those that scoffed when I said it was necessary to sign four to five LB's a year?

Having a Makers Mark with you in the scoffing lounge while you scoff at trying to sign Davis Webb or Eli Jenkins? *laughing* *ducking*

Archived