2017 4* LB Will Ignont (Vols 10/26/16)

McLoofus

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Listen the reality here FOR ME is I am just pissed off. I have always really wanted this kid. He has come to a ton of Auburn games over the years and until when he started playing games I thought was the biggest Auburn lock of this class so I am just a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle ticked off he most likely will not sign with us. O and obviously really talented to. Though TD is far and away the best LB in the state.

This is all on Ignont not AU. Get pissed at Ignont. I'm not a Gus fan by any stretch but Gus is doing the right thing here. Ignont could be the next Foster but AU had no choice but to pass on Ignont. 

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is sort of amazing if you think about both in-state powerhouses saying thanks but no thanks. Hope he takes the cue, does some self-reflection, and turns out to be a good and mature man.

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Think about this with Ignont. uat is also passing on this kid. Think about that. 

Also it was very peculiar in my opinion that IMG was playing him at running back and not linebacker when he was there.

1 minute ago, mcgufcm said:

That is sort of amazing if you think about both in-state powerhouses saying thanks but no thanks. Hope he takes the cue, does some self-reflection, and turns out to be a good and mature man.

Agree. 

Is Auburn passing on Ignont like a "well, we didn't really want him anyways" line we get so often when a recruit rejects us or is that truly insider info. 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Why take the risk though when you have 6 to 8 quality linebackers on your board for four spots? He was not considered head and shoulders ahead of the other Tier 1 Targets by Coach T-WILL and company.

Fair enough - just always seemed like he was talked about as one of the top talents out there - just not a very mature guy.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

What character issues does RF have? Certainly none that scared us off. We tried like hell to sign him, didn't we?

What other kids do they have with bad character flaws? They signed Jonathan Taylor and that didn't work out so well. 

We signed Elijah Daniel, that didn't work out so well.

I don't think we just automatically pass on any kid that isn't spic'n'span. 

DJ Pettway

Rondo

RF wasn't a very mature kid either from what I recall

53 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Is Auburn passing on Ignont like a "well, we didn't really want him anyways" line we get so often when a recruit rejects us or is that truly insider info. 

No. AU got tired of his issues months ago. If AU wanted him he would have been committed a while ago.

57 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

What? I have said for fing months AU was going to pass. 

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

No. AU got tired of his issues months ago. If AU wanted him he would have been committed a while ago.

What was the deal with Benton? We stopped recruiting him as soon as he committed to uat. Even in the past with some kids we kept recruiting kids even if they committed to them. why did we stop with benton? Also what the heck happened there? Up until the week of his announcement all we heard was he was all AU. that was a weird one.

23 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

What was the deal with Benton? We stopped recruiting him as soon as he committed to uat. Even in the past with some kids we kept recruiting kids even if they committed to them. why did we stop with benton? Also what the heck happened there? Up until the week of his announcement all we heard was he was all AU. that was a weird one.

You mean other than him implying at his commitment ceremony basically that Auburn coaches could not coach him worth a...

He burned serious bridges with Auburn on that. Even his high school coach was disappointed in him.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

You mean other than him implying at his commitment ceremony basically that Auburn coaches could not coach him worth a...

He burned serious bridges with Auburn on that. Even his high school coach was disappointed in him.

but WHY?! I remember that but do not get it. Kid came to Auburn close to 20 times......... 

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

but WHY?! I remember that but do not get it. Kid came to Auburn close to 20 times......... 

Why what? Why did he say that? Only he knows and to be honest I don't care.

My guess though is he said what Bama coaches wanted him to say. The only reason they took him was so we didn't start 2-0 on two highly rated in State linebacker recruits in this class. As it is they are trying hard to get back into the game with TD.

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Why what? Why did he say that? Only he knows and to be honest I don't care.

My guess though is he said what Bama coaches wanted him to say.

It made no sense. Bama came out of nowhere. 1 visit to bama it seemed and he was all about some jeremy pruitt. He had visited Auburn countless times. Having said that he is overrated and NO its not just because he went to bama.

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

It made no sense. Bama came out of nowhere. 1 visit to bama it seemed and he was all about some jeremy pruitt. He had visited Auburn countless times. Having said that he is overrated and NO its not just because he went to bama.

If was not out of no where. They were always in the game. He visited there multiple times even though it was not as many as Auburn. Auburn was just thought to be leading until that last week before he committed to Bama.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

If was not out of no where. They were always in the game. He visited there multiple times even though it was not as many as Auburn. Auburn was just thought to be leading until that last week before he committed to Bama.

It was awhile ago but all I remember he was at big cat with a lot of family  left early went to bama and then he was all in on them. Whatever. Like I said earlier Moultry is the best LB in the state by far imo.

2 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

If we are so sure AU has passed on Will, why is this thread still in this section? 

because of the technicality he is not committed yet. The same exact reason the Cam Akers thread has not been moved yet.

Archived