2017 4* LB Will Ignont (Vols 10/26/16)

McLoofus

^So JGT says Auburn, Mike Farell says Georgia? Also, he was silent to Alabama?

he is playing games. This is why Neihbur isn't interviewing him anymore.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

plus the fact coaches have as well...

Please share what you know.

Please share what you know.

got the recruits mixed up, no clue with this one, i think there are better LB's but that doesn't mean much now does it

I thought I saw an pay-site article title where he de-commited from Bama and AU was now leader??? What the heck?

Ignont back in play

Jay G. Tate | Publisher

I thought I saw an pay-site article title where he de-commited from Bama and AU was now leader??? What the heck?

Ignont back in play

Jay G. Tate | Publisher

No one knows who leads. He is giving everyone mixed signals.

In defense of the kid. He was obviously played by bama and now maybe he just doesn't trust coaches anymore. An 18 year old kid should be old enough to understand that there is some stretching of the truth on the recruiting circuit but should not expect to get outright lied to by adult men in a position of responsibility.

In defense of the kid. He was obviously played by bama and now maybe he just doesn't trust coaches anymore. An 18 year old kid should be old enough to understand that there is some stretching of the truth on the recruiting circuit but should not expect to get outright lied to by adult men in a position of responsibility.

Agree. But football recruiting over the past 10 or so years has become a NASTY, WINNER TAKE ALL business. See bama as example #1. Saban, Kiffen, Smart, and now Pruitt will tell recruits what they (the recruits) want to hear, and if things change along the way, so be it. The kids get screwed. And AU does the same thing, just not as blatant as others. There is too much $$$ to be made for the coaches and their universities to not win at recruiting which translates to wins on the field. As the president of bama said a year ago, hiring Nick Saban is the most important hire UA EVER had in any capacity. They've got more $$$ than they can spend because of 1 man. And as AU fans, it sucks!

You are confusing him w/ Britt. The coaches may have backed off on Ignont but there are no reports of it yet. The staff talked to him the day he said he was committing a couple days later & mom backed off that 30 minutes later.

• 3 weeks later...

Soo.. This cat has been in the news lately. De-silent commitment from uat now is all over but maintains Auburn will" be in it till the end ". Are will still heavily after this cat or are we pumping the brakes ?

Soo.. This cat has been in the news lately. De-silent commitment from uat now is all over but maintains Auburn will" be in it till the end ". Are will still heavily after this cat or are we pumping the brakes ?

TBD. With 2 spots left there are at least 4 LB prospects AU is in good shape with.

TBD. With 2 spots left there are at least 4 LB prospects AU is in good shape with.

Yep. Right now Ignont does not have a commitable offer from AU.

That's just crazy to me lol, IMO u take 3 of the 4 if they want in. MR, WI and KJ or TT.

Ignont's own doing. Don't blame the coaches at all. Plenty plenty of good LBers out there.

guys like him getting bad advice from somewhere....no need to play games with in-state schools like this.

"silent" commit? what's the point except to jerk people around.

guys like him getting bad advice from somewhere....no need to play games with in-state schools like this.

Ignont's "silent" to uat was no big secret.

So why we're people talking like he was ours to lose ?....why even mess with him?...sorry but I just hate to see us play the games

So why we're people talking like he was ours to lose ?....why even mess with him?...sorry but I just hate to see us play the games

He was ours to lose for a long time & still maybe if he wanted in. He had a commitable offer for a long time but because of choices he made he apparently lost that commitable offer for the time being.

"BACK IN PLAY | LB Will Ignont breaks 'silent' commitment to Ala., now says Auburn leads."

Tweeted by JGT just before noon central time.

Also eliminated Bama and had some nice damning things to say about how they recruited him differently than us.

Let me clarrify before people flip out. He didn't say anything incriminating about Bama NCAA wise. He just said things we all already know about our tactics as opposed to theirs. Just nice to see a recruit say it for a change.

Oh you mean the "business decision" aka free car, nice house sitting job for the rents, and a job for your main squeeze.

Thought I read an article from Keith today that was titled something about AU's 5 most important recruiting targets. Ignont was on the list.

Thought I read an article from Keith today that was titled something about AU's 5 most important recruiting targets. Ignont was on the list.

From my understanding of everything I've seen about this kid, he's someone who can be special if he works on what's in between the ears. So he's a big get, but could also be a big bust, here's to hoping wherever he signs, hopefully auburn, works with him on making the right choices.

Archived