The Annual Prediction That Saban is Leaving

cptau

It is well documented that Saban doesn't like maintaining a program. He prefers to build one.

Do those documents include his maintenance plan at uat for the last 8+ years?

It is well documented that Saban doesn't like maintaining a program. He prefers to build one.

Do those documents include his maintenance plan at uat for the last 8+ years?

Doesn't mean he doesn't know how to keep and maintain a program.

If these comments from the article are correct then the fact is supported.

Sexton also told the men that Saban felt as if he was more of a turnaround artist than a long-term C.E.O., and that it was easier and more fun to rebuild a program than it was to keep one at the top

The guy is not an idiot. He is going to go somewhere that has the money, the facilities, the athletes, etc etc to win and win big. Probably only a handful of schools can meet the criteria that he would want to change positions at this time. I doubt he would ever do like Spurrier and take a position at a school like South Carolina that did not have championship history.

Well, there are a few historically prestigious programs over the last decade that have had job openings.....

Texas

OSU

Penn State

FSU

Miami

Florida

USCw

Michigan

Notre Dame

Nebraska

And Saban's ass is still at uat?

As long as they are still treated as royalty in T-town they are not leaving. He will be at UAT for at least 10years total, so at least 2 more. Doesn't he get in to some retirement bucket or benefit bucket if he hits 10years (not that he needs the money or benefit break)?

Well, there are a few historically prestigious programs over the last decade that have had job openings.....

Texas

OSU

Penn State

FSU

Miami

Florida

USCw

Michigan

Notre Dame

Nebraska

And not all those programs had a interest in Saban or in paying the amount of money that it would cost to get him.

And I firmly believe he was on his way to Texas before Mack and the administration blew it.

Ohio State - They had Urban in their sites from day one and got him.

Michigan - They had Harbaugh in their sites from day one and got him.

Nebraska - They had just fired a coach who's worst record was 9-4. There is a reason they ended up with a coach that had only matched that record once in his last 5 years and was coming off a 5-7 season.

Penn State - all the mess surrounding their program? I'd avoid it also. Years ago I believed it was the job that he would jump to when Paterno retired though.

USCw - Pete Carroll bailed and they were under investigation and went on probation.

Miami - again under investigation and went on probation. Plus I don't think Miami belongs on this list personally. Look at their attendance for example. Saban gets mad when people leave the game early, imagine not showing up period.

Florida - no arguments here. I doubt he would jump to another SEC school though.

Notre Dame - no argument. But they changed coaches in 2010. Saban had only won one NC at Alabama at the time. Plus I think Brian Kelly was their top choice at the time, that one I am not sure on though.

So not all of those programs were after Saban and had other primary targets (appears Ohio States payed off and is justified). Some of those programs had investigations and scandals going on. Some of those, despite the name factor, other big name coaches didn't want to touch either.

This is a decent read on the Texas situation.

http://www.nytimes.c...texas.html?_r=0

I still think Texas had him, they just screwed things up with their own inner turmoil that was going on at the time in the administration.

Great article. I had not read this before and was amazed at some of the stuff that was going on. I knew deep down the midget was getting antsy and was getting uncomfortable with the fan base and the expectations expected of him. If he doesn't do well, by that I mean he doesn't live up to the 85%ers expectations, he will be gone. They will have a total meltdown and what other coach would want to follow saben? He knew what he was doing when he had it put in his contact that he could leave at anytime. This year will be very interesting to say the least, not only with Auburn but bama also.

Texas

OSU

Penn State

FSU

Miami

Florida

USCw

Michigan

Notre Dame

Nebraska

And not all those programs had a interest in Saban or in paying the amount of money that it would cost to get him.

And I firmly believe he was on his way to Texas before Mack and the administration blew it.

Ohio State - They had Urban in their sites from day one and got him.

Michigan - They had Harbaugh in their sites from day one and got him.

Nebraska - They had just fired a coach who's worst record was 9-4. There is a reason they ended up with a coach that had only matched that record once in his last 5 years and was coming off a 5-7 season.

Penn State - all the mess surrounding their program? I'd avoid it also. Years ago I believed it was the job that he would jump to when Paterno retired though.

USCw - Pete Carroll bailed and they were under investigation and went on probation.

Miami - again under investigation and went on probation. Plus I don't think Miami belongs on this list personally. Look at their attendance for example. Saban gets mad when people leave the game early, imagine not showing up period.

Florida - no arguments here. I doubt he would jump to another SEC school though.

Notre Dame - no argument. But they changed coaches in 2010. Saban had only won one NC at Alabama at the time. Plus I think Brian Kelly was their top choice at the time, that one I am not sure on though.

So not all of those programs were after Saban and had other primary targets (appears Ohio States payed off and is justified). Some of those programs had investigations and scandals going on. Some of those, despite the name factor, other big name coaches didn't want to touch either.

I can see Saban at Texas or Notre Dame, none of the big 10 or ACC schools. USCw is such a dirty program, it's too big a risk. Ironic that the last one of Bear's players is coaching at Nebraska now.

Depending on who the new AD at Texas is, they might make another run at him. Money certainly isn't a problem. What he would do I have no idea.

They might take a run at him, but I doubt he would accept now. Just cause if he did then it would mean all the previous rumors would most likely of been true. Then he would get hit with the same kind of press that he did with Miami. I don't think he wants to go down that road again.

Texas

OSU

Penn State

FSU

Miami

Florida

USCw

Michigan

Notre Dame

Nebraska

Other than Texas, of the above, how many could and would shell out $7.1+ million? He may be tired of Alabama but you can bet he's not taking a pay cut to move elsewhere.

Depending on who the new AD at Texas is, they might make another run at him. Money certainly isn't a problem. What he would do I have no idea.

They might take a run at him, but I doubt he would accept now. Just cause if he did then it would mean all the previous rumors would most likely of been true. Then he would get hit with the same kind of press that he did with Miami. I don't think he wants to go down that road again.

I don't think the press ovrr that really bothered him that much. He's got this strange love hate thing going on at Alabama. It'll be fun to watch the turd nation squirm anyway even if he doesn't leave.

I don't think the press ovrr that really bothered him that much. He's got this strange love hate thing going on at Alabama. It'll be fun to watch the turd nation squirm anyway even if he doesn't leave.

Kind of like a co-dependent thing.

Well folks, the writing is on the wall. The only problem is "who can read it as well as interpret it? OM could have put another 14 to 21 points on the board against the Turd nation.

Archived