Cole Cubelic with great insight

jmcrosson

I really enjoy Cubelic's thoughtful insight. Really blows up all of the armchair play callers who were questioning the missed snap during the MSU game around the 9 minute mark. I watched the whole thing, and what he said regarding defenses scheming for Auburn are really thought-provoking. I have to believe our offense is going to take advantage of this soon.

http://video-embed.al.com/services/player/bcpid1949044313001?bctid=4520462650001&bckey=AQ~~,AAAAPLMIMAE~,kKetLjW2WxUgiRmvwWvrX1zHOEtf9iIT

Love the insight from people that have been there in the trenches.He said the same thing I've been saying for a couple of weeks now about Cox,he's just not ready yet.Thanks for the post.

I listen to Cubelic most every day. Guy knows what he is talking about. I really like his point around the 7 min mark (and what Mike said above) take what the D is giving you. We have go to stop being so predictable. I understand that we are a run first pass second no hudle offense, but sometimes you need to pass to open the run. But that is why I am in a chair (or pacing around) watching and they are getting paid to do this.

Best of luck to the Tigers on the SJS game. WAR EAGLE!

When will this offense start taking what the defense gives them? I just cannot believe that Malzahn is running this offense. Something is screwy.

Wish we had an earlier bye week but for the past two years, we've at least came out of the bye week with an identity. In the case of 2014, that identity wasn't always executed by the run blocking from week to week, but it was there.

When will this offense start taking what the defense gives them? I just cannot believe that Malzahn is running this offense. Something is screwy.

He isn't.

Not to sound stupid, but is Cole256 Cole Cubelic? This will probably get me laughed off of the site. Then again, maybe it is my insight that allows me to have a level of insight that often gets overlooked in the big scheme of things; kind of like Einstein's law of relativity.

WDC

(War Damn Corgi)

Not to sound stupid, but is Cole256 Cole Cubelic? This will probably get me laughed off of the site. Then again, maybe it is my insight that allows me to have a level of insight that often gets overlooked in the big scheme of things; kind of like Einstein's law of relativity.

I'd assume if you were on Einsteins level you'd already know that answer ;D

WDC

(War Damn Corgi)

Of course he is.

WDC

(War Damn Corgi)

Of course he is.

Now I can go back to my laboratory and try to develop something that our coaches can take before each game that will make them light years smarter than the coaches they face each game.

It is an interesting observation on those plays where receivers are completely ignored by the defense. I think it is a sign of coaches, not figuring out Malzahn's offense but picking up on his (or whoever is calling the plays) play calling tendencies. We all saw the stat about how many times we ran the ball on first down this game. I remember noticing last year how often we seemed to be running on first down. I wonder if opposing coaches have picked up on these play calling tendencies in film review. That could also be why the safeties played deep the whole game. That way MSU could sell out to stop the run, which is our obvious strength, and if one of those plays we do actually hit that receiver that was left uncovered, the deep safeties could prevent it from being too big of a gainer. I think Diaz was simply playing the percentages of how often we would actually run from those formations as opposed to passing and trying to hit that wide open receiver.

It is an interesting observation on those plays where receivers are completely ignored by the defense. I think it is a sign of coaches, not figuring out Malzahn's offense but picking up on his (or whoever is calling the plays) play calling tendencies. We all saw the stat about how many times we ran the ball on first down this game. I remember noticing last year how often we seemed to be running on first down. I wonder if opposing coaches have picked up on these play calling tendencies in film review. That could also be why the safeties played deep the whole game. That way MSU could sell out to stop the run, which is our obvious strength, and if one of those plays we do actually hit that receiver that was left uncovered, the deep safeties could prevent it from being too big of a gainer. I think Diaz was simply playing the percentages of how often we would actually run from those formations as opposed to passing and trying to hit that wide open receiver.

Agreed. It's not like they figured out how to cover all of our options but rather completely sold out on the option they thought we were going to, and most of the time they were right. Seems if we would start breaking away from our tendencies we would have guys open all over the field.

Agreed. It's not like they figured out how to cover all of our options but rather completely sold out on the option they thought we were going to, and most of the time they were right. Seems if we would start breaking away from our tendencies we would have guys open all over the field.

Most coaches believe if you execute the play correctly, it doesn't matter what the defense does. Wonder if we have one of those types calling plays.

It's disappointing that our offensive genius coach got figured out so easily and didn't make the proper adjustments to hit the ignored/wide open options

It's disappointing that our offensive genius coach got figured out so easily and didn't make the proper adjustments to hit the ignored/wide open options

Disappointing and concerning.

While being ignored by the sports press, it seems most evidence and opinion, point towards Gus giving more weekly offensive prep, and play calling duties to Rhett.

If this is the case, it is clearly not working.

While being ignored by the sports press, it seems most evidence and opinion, point towards Gus giving more weekly offensive prep, and play calling duties to Rhett.

If this is the case, it is clearly not working.

Could be ...but he's paying the guy a half million a year....he's gotta do something to justify that money and I guess until he gets the reins in his hand, Lach is not going to learn how to ride. Not an easy situation for Gus.....kinda like the JJ "experiment"...when do you decide something is not working?

Archived