2016 3* JUCO QB/ATH John Franklin III (AU commit 11/4/15)

jskilgro

Upon reading the last few pages this is my thought. The beauty of all this is that these guys will decide it among themselves in the Spring and Summer. As far as I am concerned bring on as many QBs as you can find for Spring practice (6,7,8, whatever), knock them around, let them compete and pick the best guy. But also try to go into Fall camp with 5 QBs on the roster 'just in case'.

So let White, JF3, Queen, Barrett, Johnson, QB6, QB7, QB8 have at it and see who is best. That said, no matter what happens, I'm glad JF3 is on board with us. It can't be a bad thing to have a 4.35/40yd guy on the roster.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So he officially signed today, let the games begin. :)

If he is QB1 after spring, great.

If he gives us quality depth at QB, great.

If he ends up at one of the non-QB "athlete" positions- WR, KR, PR, safety- and is a contributor, great.

Any way you cut it, we got a dude with elite speed, and that's great. Welcome home, sir. May the ball find your hands early and often. The end zones of the SEC are calling your name.

Well said!

Upon reading the last few pages this is my thought. The beauty of all this is that these guys will decide it among themselves in the Spring and Summer. As far as I am concerned bring on as many QBs as you can find for Spring practice (6,7,8, whatever), knock them around, let them compete and pick the best guy. But also try to go into Fall camp with 5 QBs on the roster 'just in case'.

So let White, JF3, Queen, Barrett, Johnson, QB6, QB7, QB8 have at it and see who is best. That said, no matter what happens, I'm glad JF3 is on board with us. It can't be a bad thing to have a 4.35/40yd guy on the roster.

It would be nice to have enough QB's to practice live and really see what they can do before the real games.

It would be nice to have enough QB's to practice live and really see what they can do before the real games.

Really would be, for real.

:poke:

Ask Texas A&M for a few

Ask Texas A&M for a few

Really nice, in theory; but not for real.

:poke:/>

Ask Texas A&M for a few

Heck, they might need 1 of ours. They only have 1 scholarship QB left now.

Ok it's a coincidence that in this very thread everybody most everybody that's questioning this dude can be qb are the same people that says SW is one of the best qb's we've had....

This is one of the biggest lines of garbage I have ever read.

1. Anyone who says says SW is one of the best qbs we've ever had is goofy. If you're running around quoting them, well.......you're goofy too. He may end up there but he has a LONG LONG WAY to go and I would be surprised to see him end up near the top myself.

2. There are plenty of people here questioning whether hJF3 can do it or not. Very few if any have said SW is one of the best AU qbs ever. It's not even a knock on JF3, some people just have doubts. Probably as many or more have doubts on SW. There is a big % of fans that feel Gus needs a dt qb to really thrive.

3. I am under no delusion that I speak for anyone other than myself.

4. Quality is always better than quantity.

Ok it's a coincidence that in this very thread everybody most everybody that's questioning this dude can be qb are the same people that says SW is one of the best qb's we've had....

1. Anyone who says says SW is one of the best qbs we've ever had is goofy. If you're running around quoting them, well.......you're goofy too. He may end up there but he has a LONG LONG WAY to go and I would be surprised to see him end up near the top myself.

2. There are plenty of people here questioning whether hJF3 can do it or not. Very few if any have said SW is one of the best AU qbs ever. It's not even a knock on JF3, some people just have doubts. Probably as many or more have doubts on SW. There is a big % of fans that feel Gus needs a dt qb to really thrive.

You may not speak for anyone but yourself; but I wholeheartedly agree with you that cole is goofy.

As for your claim #4, how much better?

:big:

What's funny is I'm sure I'm included in Coles "group", as I have said many times that SW may be the best pure passing qb we've had in a while (which is likely true since he is the 1st qb since 97 to have 3 straight 250 yard games and accomplished that feat in his 3rd, 4th and 5th games ever)....and Cole just assumes that people that like SW as a qb are somehow against dt qbs... What's funny though is that I've made several comments about how good Barret and Lowell look....but those comments get ignored. We must be somehow prejudice all together if we like SW as a qb, right?

SMH

What's funny is I'm sure I'm included in Coles "group", as I have said many times that SW may be the best pure passing qb we've had in a while (which is likely true since he is the 1st qb since 97 to have 3 straight 250 yard games and accomplished that feat in his 3rd, 4th and 5th games ever)....and Cole just assumes that people that like SW as a qb are somehow against dt qbs... What's funny though is that I've made several comments about how good Barret and Lowell look....but those comments get ignored. We must be somehow prejudice all together if we like SW as a qb, right?

SMH

Exactly, you say SW is the best pure passer we had in a while, next thing you know someone is quoting you as saying that SW is one of our best qbs ever. While some might argue your statement, they can't say he's not an excellent pure passer. He barely has over 1000 yds passing though so I seriously doubt you're saying he's one of the best AU qb's ever.

JF3 may blow the roof off of the qb race. He's quicker than lightning. He'll need to be able to throw the ball well or good d's will shut him down. The a&m qb was fast as lightning as well and we did ok with him.

I'm not convinvinced Gus and rl can call a game for SW against a quality d that can make our O roll. Not to mention if our O line gets gutted, we might have to have a qb that can run for his life, lol.

You may not speak for anyone but yourself; but I wholeheartedly agree with you that cole is goofy.

As for your claim #4, how much better?

:big:

#4 depends on the subject referred to. :)

SMH

Prejudice? Somebody has some issues on the inside they don't talk about.....as far as all this I would defend myself but that would just cause the thread to be locked or take it to pm's but the fact that I argued with most of you about SW is not that if he was good or not but if I said he was just ok really tells the story. As far as your tag team buddy....well he just like to follow my posts and argue with me so he doesn't stand out as the a hole he's been known to be and this is a way to get friends like you

Oh yeah que au24 coming in as well with his/her cape on....Cole vs the avengers LOL

SMH

Prejudice? Somebody has some issues on the inside they don't talk about.....as far as all this I would defend myself but that would just cause the thread to be locked or take it to pm's but the fact that I argued with most of you about SW is not that if he was good or not but if I said he was just ok really tells the story. As far as your tag team buddy....well he just like to follow my posts and argue with me so he doesn't stand out as the a hole he's been known to be and this is a way to get friends like you

Oh yeah que au24 coming in as well with his/her cape on....Cole vs the avengers LOL

See -- you're goofy.

200.gif

SMH

Lol. You don't even realize when you're being set up.

I hope JF3 can sling it!! He shouldn't be considered dual threat if he cannot pass worth a flip because he would only really be a one dimensional threat.

SMH

Lol. You don't even realize when you're being set up.

Back to topic.

So he officially signed today, let the games begin. :)

If he is QB1 after spring, great.

If this happens then he will likely be a very good qb which is good news for everyone

If he gives us quality depth at QB, great.

This is a win either way

If he ends up at one of the non-QB "athlete" positions- WR, KR, PR, safety- and is a contributor, great.

He has the speed and open field ability to be a great Omac/Grant type of player, maybe better

Any way you cut it, we got a dude with elite speed, and that's great. Welcome home, sir. May the ball find your hands early and often. The end zones of the SEC are calling your name.

I agree with all the above statements (with my opinions of each included above). I hope the young man finds alot of success at AU wherever he ends up on the field.

• 1 month later...

The more I see and read about this kid, the more I'm reminded of Nick Marshall. I don't know if he can throw worth a salt, but if his arm's good enough, he's got incredible speed.

Gus was bragging about his throwing ability today. I'm going to fight the urge to reference his read on JJ last year. :)/>

We have some serious receivers now for whoever steps up. Looks like at least 2 of the freshmen could have some impact this coming year.

The more I see and read about this kid, the more I'm reminded of Nick Marshall. I don't know if he can throw worth a salt, but if his arm's good enough, he's got incredible speed.

Gus was bragging about his throwing ability today. I'm going to fight the urge to reference his read on JJ last year. :)/>

In all fairness to Gus, not even M. Night Shyamalan could have pulled a plot twist better than the Jeremy Johnson debacle.

In all fairness to Gus, not even M. Night Shyamalan could have pulled a plot twist better than the Jeremy Johnson debacle.

Marshall had a certain grit about him. When he ran the show I never thought AU was out until the last second ticked off the game clock. Sure he may have the same speed, but Marshall had ice water in his veins

Archived