2016 3* JUCO QB/ATH John Franklin III (AU commit 11/4/15)

jskilgro

There is far more to playing for national championships than merely having a mobile qb.

You don't get it. Cam Newton won a national championship at Auburn with around 80 other guys who are no longer on Auburn's roster, so that means that Sean White will never win a championship at Auburn and that John Franklin is a better quarterback than anybody currently on Auburn's roster. What's so hard to understand? Sheesh.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He said what he was told....how is that perception? He either is telling the truth or lying

I'm sure he was told he would be competing for the QB position, in that I'm also sure he is telling the truth. The perception comes in when everything we have heard (including the title of the thread), he is being recruited as an ATH that will be given every opportunity to compete for the QB position. During the recruitment of Nick Marshall, he was always being recruited as a QB and also had an offer to Texas as a QB. Hence the statement "his percetion", sorry I didn't make that clear when writing the first time.

He said what he was told....how is that perception? He either is telling the truth or lying

I'm sure he was told he would be competing for the QB position, in that I'm also sure he is telling the truth. The perception comes in when everything we have heard (including the title of the thread), he is being recruited as an ATH that will be given every opportunity to compete for the QB position. During the recruitment of Nick Marshall, he was always being recruited as a QB and also had an offer to Texas as a QB. Hence the statement "his percetion", sorry I didn't make that clear when writing the first time.

Well the athlete stuff didn't come from coaches either. It's believing who you want to believe basically. He said the coaches said he was strictly a qb and they missed the that qb's provided from the past. Now the recruiting insiders on this board said different but as far as officially a coach hasn't said different yet

Well the athlete stuff didn't come from coaches either. It's believing who you want to believe basically. He said the coaches said he was strictly a qb and they missed the that qb's provided from the past. Now the recruiting insiders on this board said different but as far as officially a coach hasn't said different yet

Time will tell, I hope he can turn his perception into reality.

Didn't White have a 30 yard gain in a game on a zone read? No way he can do that consistently but it shouldn't be a huge problem for him to pick up 4-5 yards on a keep IMO.

I prefer a QB who can hurt a D with his legs, but SW has been just fine while he's learning as a R-FR IMO.

Frazier was a dual threat and I believe Trotter was considered a dual threat (although some on here would say no threat) so we have had some dual threats that didn't work out too well. Maybe it has to be a JUCO DT. By the way Nick and Cam were 4* out of HS and 4* and 5* out of JUCO. I believe Franklin is a consensus 3*so he may have a little work to do getting up to speed. By the way we have a Tre Threat coming in which is one notch above a dual threat I believe. :-\

Didn't White have a 30 yard gain in a game on a zone read? No way he can do that consistently but it shouldn't be a huge problem for him to pick up 4-5 yards on a keep IMO.

I prefer a QB who can hurt a D with his legs, but SW has been just fine while he's learning as a R-FR IMO.

He's hurt right now.

Not to mention that one play he was almost killed. Running is more than how fast your leg moves....I also wish you guys would take in account on who we play. We didn't need Marshall to run against la Monroe....we needed it against Georgia though....

Time will tell, I hope he can turn his perception into reality.

You meant you hope he's good enough that the coaches honor their word

The comparison to the Jason Smith situation may or may not be accurate. Let's remember that JS was switched to WR a week into Fall camp when he as well as the coaches had the perception that JJ was "all that". Things are just a little different now so the coaches might give JF3 a much harder look than they would have before all this happened.

Look if the kid says coach told him they want him as a DT. There is no reason to doubt it. When he gets here depending on how he looks that may stay the same or it might change who knows. Why waste a lot of time on conjecture as the only real fact we have is that the kid has repeated what he believes the Auburn coaching Staff told him.

He's hurt right now.

Not to mention that one play he was almost killed. Running is more than how fast your leg moves....I also wish you guys would take in account on who we play. We didn't need Marshall to run against la Monroe....we needed it against Georgia though....

Competition matters for sure, but didn't he do that against an SEC team? I can't quite remember. I don't think SW did anything against the SJSU he basically handed it off.

Maybe Kentucky I guess....But if we didn't suck would we really consider them an SEC team? You don't want him running you want him to be able to avoid a rusher. Laterally he's done it, he'll stay in and make a throw his clock needs to be a little quicker though, I'd like to see him step up in the pocket sometimes. Unfortunately look at his qb coach....hopefully he'll get to work with his qb guy he had in high school this summer.....I just can't help but to laugh at how Gus wouldn't let Marshall work with Whitfield...that's some nerve...after cam Gus should have built a relationship with him and send our qb's with him every summer. Could have even been a recruiting pitch

Maybe Kentucky I guess....But if we didn't suck would we really consider them an SEC team? You don't want him running you want him to be able to avoid a rusher. Laterally he's done it, he'll stay in and make a throw his clock needs to be a little quicker though, I'd like to see him step up in the pocket sometimes. Unfortunately look at his qb coach....hopefully he'll get to work with his qb guy he had in high school this summer.....I just can't help but to laugh at how Gus wouldn't let Marshall work with Whitfield...that's some nerve...after cam Gus should have built a relationship with him and send our qb's with him every summer. Could have even been a recruiting pitch

I thought if a QB wanted to work with someone like Whitfield, they had to pay full rate our of their own pocket, to avoid NCAA issues.

Agreed on Cam/Gus/Whitfield. It's a massive "smh" moment. Also agreed on hoping SW can work with his private coach bc he most likely won't be getting the help he needs on campus. And totally agree with the lateral running by SW. He's much better at alluding the rush and moving around to find an open target and that is probably where you want most of his running to be.

And in a normal year I wouldn't use a performance vs KY as a benchmark. Just looking for positives lol. I am not mistaking SW for a runner but he at least made ONE team pay on the zone read once for an "impact play" in terms of yardage gained. Do I want to see him running QB draws? No way.

Well let them pay, I'm sure everybody who wants to go can't. Apparently he was building a rapport with our program

Building a rapport with the program from working with Cam? Has he worked with anyone else from AU? I'm sure Whitfield didn't take too kindly to Gus not allowing NM to work with him.

That's my point he wanted to, that goes well I'm sure he'd had wanted to work with Jeremy too, now I imagine he's laughing about it

You don't want him running you want him to be able to avoid a rusher. Laterally he's done it, he'll stay in and make a throw his clock needs to be a little quicker though, I'd like to see him step up in the pocket sometimes. Unfortunately look at his qb coach....hopefully he'll get to work with his qb guy he had in high school this summer.....I just can't help but to laugh at how Gus wouldn't let Marshall work with Whitfield...that's some nerve...after cam Gus should have built a relationship with him and send our qb's with him every summer. Could have even been a recruiting pitch

White did a good job of stepping up in the pocket until the UGA game. Very poised for a RSFR.

didn't watch all of the arky game, I didn't see it any other game. I usually see him run from the rush but not step up and let them run by him. I don't expect him to be good at it now this is what I hope he develops over the summer.

Going to be a White vs Franklin QB battle at AU next year. I'm told Franklin is better with the ball in his hands than Marshall.

I don't see that on the highlights at all. Great speed, not great elusiveness.

Archived