2016 4* JUCO DE Paul James III (AU commit 11/22/15)

ellitor

Agreed about the bowl game representing the culture change and I hope you're right about this upcoming transition. It's sure going well so far.

I hope so too, and from what I've seen with the players that we have coming in, I think our defense is definitely going in the right direction. I also think that the defensive staff that we have right now is just a hair below if not on par with the one we had with Muschamp. Love the Crime Dog hire and the T-Will hire, as well as keeping Garner.

Garner worked his butt off recruiting and he deserves huge props. He now needs to put the same effort and skill into on the field coaching. He has failed in that area since he was hired at AU. Hopefully. the flames under his butt that rekindled his recruiting mojo will also transform him into an above average DL coach on the field.

wde

He hasn't failed in that area. You need to get off this kick of yours. You don't have to go back further than just last year to see the development and improvement of Russell, Lawrence, Adams and Cowart. That was before Lawson came back. Then we have RG's recruiting.

I guess you realize we will have five 5*s on the DL next year. C. Lawson, M. Adams, B. Cowart, M. Davidson and D. Brown. That doesn't even include D. Russell, D. Lawrence, M. Swain, A. Williams, R. Kennion, J. Thornton, J. Johnson, P. Wanogho and newbies P. James, A. Jackson, N. Coe.

That's some real firepower as well as depth right there and Rodney Garner was instrumental in getting every one of those players to Auburn, even Cowart. The development issue you keep bringing up is incorrect, but if you think he needs help in that area, get him some graduate assistants to help him out. That's what a smart head coach would do with a guy that valuable.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived