Where are we as a program

Lowrider

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And a reminder that AU has beaten OM in 5 of the last 6 games ( 9 of the last 11) coming into this game....don't know where anyone has gotten the idea that OM is a better program.

Where we are as a program? Disappointing. We'll have to claw our way out of the bottom of the SEC barrel. I can't pick a single team in the conference that I'm sure we could handle if we played this week. It's not like the SEC is at its strongest right now either. This is one of the weaker years for the SEC as a whole that I can remember, and we're still one of the worst teams.

That's where we are right now. At the bottom, hoping we don't stay there. How about those apples?

Maybe they'll get it together. Muschamp has the D playing hard, and the young guys are getting better. I'd like to see something, other than an individual performance here or there, from the offense (whether it's scheme or continuity) that would lead me to believe we have what it takes to beat any of the SEC teams left on the schedule.

Some of the fans seem willing to "mail in" the rest of the season...but I doubt that many (or any) of the players feel this way. The guys played hard for 60 minutes yesterday...made some tremendous red zone defensive efforts.... and next week is another chance to surprise some people. I'm looking for the same energy in that game too.

Can't be definite, but I think it's ok to think that if we were better in the redzone, we'd only have one loss this year. Of course play in the redzone has everything to do with doing your job to the T. Paying attention to the smallest details etc. Coaching this up has to be strict and detailed

And a reminder that AU has beaten OM in 5 of the last 6 games ( 9 of the last 11) coming into this game....don't know where anyone has gotten the idea that OM is a better program.

Yeah -- odd that this reminder seems necessary. Folks are so caught up in the immediate, but in a way that's the opposite of the Zen-like being-in-the-now.

Can't be definite, but I think it's ok to think that if we were better in the redzone, we'd only have one loss this year. Of course play in the redzone has everything to do with doing your job to the T. Paying attention to the smallest details etc. Coaching this up has to be strict and detailed

Yes! I said this in another thread but LSU is the only game we didn't have a chance in and I bet if we played that game again we would be a lot tougher. Miss State, Arkansas, Ole Miss all could have gone Auburn's way if we can score a TD instead of a FG. This is a young team fighting every week and coming up just short. Next year these close games will fall to a more experienced Auburn team.

Yes! I said this in another thread but LSU is the only game we didn't have a chance in and I bet if we played that game again we would be a lot tougher. Miss State, Arkansas, Ole Miss all could have gone Auburn's way if we can score a TD instead of a FG. This is a young team fighting every week and coming up just short. Next year these close games will fall to a more experienced Auburn team.

I generally agree; but I'll feel more optimistic about next year if we don't have too many guys leaving early for the NFL. (Coleman, Young, Lawson come to mind immediately.)

The title should have been "for all those who fell for the hype JJ and duke and can't come to grips with that"

The title should have been "for all those who fell for the hype JJ and duke and can't come to grips with that"

LOL!!!! You are asking a lot considering some feel Ole Miss has "constant success". In bowl games??? Against little ole Auburn??? Memphis maybe??? SEC title games??? Bowl games??? Losing to Arkansas 30-0???

What is the definition of "constant success"? Oh my head hurts

LOL!!!! You are asking a lot considering some feel Ole Miss has "constant success". In bowl games??? Against little ole Auburn??? Memphis maybe??? SEC title games??? Bowl games??? Losing to Arkansas 30-0???

Is this in reply to my post?

Cool, I am expecting Gus to post in here any minute

Cool, I am expecting Gus to post in here any minute

:laugh: ... :cry3:

It's funny because it's true ... and sad.

Is this in reply to my post?

More using your post as a spring board to vent about a post by auwent calling AU a joke of a program while Ole Miss is a program with "constant success".

Where are we as a program???

Auburn has had 6 different offensive play callers in a 10 year span.

Auburn has tried 4.5 different offensive schemes in a 10 year span.

Auburn has had 6 different defensive coordinators in 10 years.

Auburn has had 3 different head coaches in just 8 years.

Auburn currently has a 4th year head coach in only his 3rd year at AU.

Auburn currently has a yet another new defensive coordinator in his 1st year (BACK) at AU.

Despite these things AU still finds a way to bring in respected recruits in the same period. May not fit into the plethora of schemes that we have tried on both sides of the ball but athletic none the less.

In the same 10 year sample size AU has made great improvements to facilities, 7 winning seasons, an 82-43 overall record, 2 time SEC West runner up, 2 SEC West Championships, 6 wins to 1 loss bowl record, 2 SEC titles, 2 National title appearances, and 1 undefeated National Championship team. (Compare that to the other 128 programs and see how sour an AU fan actually has it)

This year the AU football team is currently 4-4 and facing a big test of intestinal fortitude. Lay eggs from here on out and a few recruits question AU or we turn this season into anything positive and build upon a strong finish. Regardless of outcome from this season, I think the AU program has a small chance to survive the bruised egos from this year. Start next year ranked around #21 in the nation, pray for a few bounces to go our way during 2016 , and enjoy AUBURN football. Life is good.

WAR EAGLE!!!!!!

Awesome post. Made my morning! Thank you!

In the gutter :/ We need to get rid of everyone; the AD, coach,...start fresh with people who know what they are doing. I do not like to be "that guy" but this time, it is the right thing to do. Only a delusional fan would disagree.

In the gutter :/ We need to get rid of everyone; the AD, coach,...start fresh with people who know what they are doing. I do not like to be "that guy" but this time, it is the right thing to do. Only a delusional fan would disagree.

What a maroon!

Hard to wrap my head around losing 8 out of 11 SEC games. Apparently we are that gal that used to be hot and is no longer not...except her and her family still think so and blame everyone else for not noticing. We play hard, not give up, and we are young= she's got a great personality and sure can cook. :)

Anyone who thought Muschamp was going to come in and completely change the defensive play on the field at the beginning of the first season is delusional. He had to install a completelyt new system and deal with the lack of fundamentals displayed by the group of players he inherited. There are some really great athletes there, but it's not a simple thing to do. There has been tremendous progress, but there are still some rookies out ther making rookie mistakes that have cost us dearly (some veterans too). I really can't figure out what's going on on offense, but with Sean White injured at the last minute, the whole game plan had to be changed. Aside from that, we also have some people who won't or don't know how to block when they're not directly involved in the play. I'm not sure why our receivers can't catch an easy pass, but can make some extremely difficult ones (MR).We have linemen whiffing on blocks and grtting the QB creamed or at the very least, hurried into bad throws. And sometimes there is just deadwood on the team who are just taking up space or pouting because they don;t get the playing time they think they deserve. Either way, they need to be cleaned out and make room for those who are buying into the program whole-heartedly. Yes, I think CGM has made some bonehead calls (if it's not CRL), and I'm not a big fan of repeating a play just ibecause it just worked. The defenses have caught on to that and are ready for it no matter how fast you get it off. They should have some other variation on the same look to run instead. There are a number of plays we run from the same basic look that could catch a defense off balance, but they aleays run the EXACT same play with no variance, like handing it to a different back or the motion man. We're also not getting the run threat from the QB position that we did with Marshall or Cam. Without that, CGM's offense is a little too predictable. With Whie being injured, he's even less of a threat, making it a lot easier for the defense to cover. But that's just my opinion, and you know what they say about that. WAR EAGLE!!! ALWAYS AND FOREVER!!!

Hard to disagree with most of Formerly's comments.

The problem is however, if those pushing for wholesale coaching changes were to get their way.....we would likely be asking for more of the same when one or more new coaches come in and run off a few of the "deadwood" to get everyone's attention and then make major changes in offense or defense. ...and send all of the experienced players back to "square one" with technique, terminology and scheme.

The DL (and I don't mean defensive line) must look like a MASH unit with all the injured players not available to play on the offensive unit now. Can't recall when we've had so many dinged up players...nor when we got down to one healthy QB and maybe only one healthy RB...everyone else hurt to some extent...apparently including both young H Backs ....and on it goes. That's real world and not much that can be done this season to remedy the problem.

We're in shambles. that's obvious. but look beyond the football program. the entire athletic dept is in shambles. Why? Because Jay Jacobs is only concerned with milking the fans out of one more dollar. He has no idea how to staff a department. Never did. He was the wrong hire from the strt. the entire athletic program has gone downhill since he took over and now the whole show is in the crapper.

We're in shambles. that's obvious. but look beyond the football program. the entire athletic dept is in shambles. Why? Because Jay Jacobs is only concerned with milking the fans out of one more dollar. He has no idea how to staff a department. Never did. He was the wrong hire from the strt. the entire athletic program has gone downhill since he took over and now the whole show is in the crapper.

nonsense....and irrelevant as far as the problems with the football team...

Where are we as a program. Well, at the present we are sitting in last place in the west and just slightly above vandy and USC. Three sec games remaining and will be underdogs in all three. Next year will come and we will see how good the coaching staff can coach. That is where we are. No one is going to be fired.

I can remember back in July at Media Days when Gus was telling us that we have a young team who will have to grow up as the season moved along fast, and I was guilty of calling Gus crazy because we were preseason favorites, three months later low and behold we have a young team that's having to grow up each week to complete with the SEC West. And again I'll beat the dead horse by asking how many games did we have a legitimate chance of winning before sputtering out? All but LSU who demoralized or guys early.

What I see right now is that intangible factor that coach keeps talking about, "finding a way to win", we haven't found it this season and that's why we've come short of being a really really good team, give our guys a little time to find that in themselves before calling for heads.

Lastly, I see this team a little bit like Arkansas of last year who was not very good to begin the season but was getting better, and while 500+ yards from Ole Miss stings, we still managed to make important stops to keep our chances alive, not just getting lucky with dropped passes. I think we are getting better and can legitimately compete with A&M and Georgia, garnering some much needed confidence to tackle Bama at home. All in all, it sucks to lose but whether we want to admit Ole Miss is not the same Ole Miss, they're a good team this year. And they were only 8 points better than us.

Count me delusional in your world....In the real world however...

Archived