Jovon Robinson has got his mind right

mad4au

One thing is for sure, we have been spoiled or blessed with running backs in recent years.

Ronnie/Caddilac/Rudy/Irons/Dyer/Tate/Mason/CAP/Jacobs/McCalebb/Peyton/Kerryon/Roc/Jovon and so many others have all been a pleasure to watch in their own ways.

Add Brooks/Cribbs/James/Bo/Fullwood/Danley/Bostic/Davis/Beasley/Rudi to the front of that list and it takes you all the way back to the late 70s and the Barfield era...

I saw Beasley in there, so that means we get to include Richardson, Evans and Prosch, too, right? :)

Someone missed Tommy Lorino....averaged 8 1/2 yards per carry one year and about 6.5 YPG for his career. Alabama Hall of Fame....one of Shug's first big name players at RB back in the day when 300 yards was a good day for a team's offense and players rarely picked up 100 in a single game.

I only included Beasley because he was the primary running back while Dameyune Craig was the QB and I was trying to add continuity as far back as I know.

If we're listing all time great RBs/FBs at Auburn, you can't leave off the very first #1 draft pick in school history, Tucker Fredrickson...

Can we not crown him king after one game please?

Is anyone crowning him? I thought we were talking about the emergence of yet another outstanding threat in the backfield to join the other three who have already proven themselves capable of making a significant impact?

Can we not crown him king after one game please?

Is anyone crowning him? I thought we were talking about the emergence of yet another outstanding threat in the backfield to join the other three who have already proven themselves capable of making a significant impact?

No, no one is crowning him. I said that with that in mind. Last time we had high expections for a player after basically one good game (actually one half), it came back and bit us in the ass.

Jovon Robinson is so freaking smooth when he runs. He cuts so naturally, it is like he is gliding. He needs to be utilized more in the red zone. I love the idea of him and Peyton Barber. A perfect compliment of each other. Also, Pettway seems to be a tad bit of a better blocker than Cox...but maybe my eyes are deceiving me.

Jovon Robinson is so freaking smooth when he runs. He cuts so naturally, it is like he is gliding. He needs to be utilized more in the red zone. I love the idea of him and Peyton Barber. A perfect compliment of each other. Also, Pettway seems to be a tad bit of a better blocker than Cox...but maybe my eyes are deceiving me.

They're not-Pettway is a sledgehammer.

Archived