24 Black Missouri Football Players Will Boycott Football Activities

cptau

Ridiculous. No one ever claimed bumping into a white woman in a bar is assault. Coming at her and then throwing a right cross at her IS , however.

cole, you act as if the responses to certain individuals happen just out of the blue, for absolutely no reason, what so ever, and that only one side is the victim, there can't POSSIBLY be another side.

As for Missouri ( stick to the topic ) , where are the injustices ? WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE ???

Just funny to me. People certainly did say that he assaulted her when he bumped into her so check YOUR credibility. As far as what you said in the second paragraph I can say the exact same back to you. You act as if the only side is the one against the victim (except like that Stephen a Smith thread because it fits your agenda) as far as the injustices you just tried to justify students being called the n bomb....clearly there aren't any injustice to you.

Now back on topic to my post that YOU commented on. I'm happy that there were no act of violence and the students know there is a different way besides rioting. That's it. I don't care about all the other stuff you want to argue about.

Lastly anybody finds it funny nobody made a statement about the white players also protesting, therefore leading their logic to saying it must be something why else would they protest, but the same people used it trying to justify the policeman kicking the high school girl a$$ as far as saying how the students "showed support" to to the criminal?

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand that and that's why I said way back when this was created I'm not sure about the cause yet, but once again it still speaks it's not about justice is about money and power with equality, or at least getting a fair stake.

Also I will add racism is the easiest come to cover up period. A person has to really make a bad mistake to get caught for that, usually people who talk to much, but it sucks that a person can be getting screwed but it's all on them to show it. It's so bad now a person can be killed at 30 and they'll pull a record when he was 12 to show he was violent and discredit him. Crazy it's hard out here for some and not only will some people look at it, many refuse to even acknowledge it even exist

I agree with your last paragraph. At the same time, racism is one of the easiest accusations to make as well because it is so looked down on, so socially unacceptable that to simply accuse someone of doing it is often enough to ruin their reputation irreparably in some circles. No proof needed whatsoever.

While I agree that racism or any hatred of another person for reasons of religion or sexuality should not be condoned or tolerated, especially in an educational setting, I cannot help but wonder if protesting is the new fashion. It seems there is a lot of it going on today.

It's not so much protesting as it is POSTURING. Putting on a show, and claiming victimization, when no real crime has been committed.

And while there may be more of it happening, the protesting going on is mostly sad, laughably and pathetic. It's a party w/ out a purpose or any real solutions. Just disorganized noise, is all.

Don't get used to it, but I semi-agree with you.

Ridiculous. No one ever claimed bumping into a white woman in a bar is assault. Coming at her and then throwing a right cross at her IS , however.

cole, you act as if the responses to certain individuals happen just out of the blue, for absolutely no reason, what so ever, and that only one side is the victim, there can't POSSIBLY be another side.

As for Missouri ( stick to the topic ) , where are the injustices ? WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE ???

Just funny to me. People certainly did say that he assaulted her when he bumped into her so check YOUR credibility. As far as what you said in the second paragraph I can say the exact same back to you. You act as if the only side is the one against the victim (except like that Stephen a Smith thread because it fits your agenda) as far as the injustices you just tried to justify students being called the n bomb....clearly there aren't any injustice to you.

Now back on topic to my post that YOU commented on. I'm happy that there were no act of violence and the students know there is a different way besides rioting. That's it. I don't care about all the other stuff you want to argue about.

Lastly anybody finds it funny nobody made a statement about the white players also protesting, therefore leading their logic to saying it must be something why else would they protest, but the same people used it trying to justify the policeman kicking the high school girl a$$ as far as saying how the students "showed support" to to the criminal?

You're just all over the place, aren't you? Check MY credibility, when it's the folks who have lied and fabricated an imaginary cause resulting in the removal of 2 people at Mizzou that are the ones YOU are supporting ? Oh, that's right, you're not, you just claim you're glad they didn't get violent. Big freaking accomplishment, huh? Set your goals real high on that one.

They had no legit issue in the first place. Praising them for not getting violent is empty praise.

No one made those HS students walk out of their class rooms, where as the coach at Mizzou made the decision for all the other players. VERY big difference.

I understand that and that's why I said way back when this was created I'm not sure about the cause yet, but once again it still speaks it's not about justice is about money and power with equality, or at least getting a fair stake.

Also I will add racism is the easiest come to cover up period. A person has to really make a bad mistake to get caught for that, usually people who talk to much, but it sucks that a person can be getting screwed but it's all on them to show it. It's so bad now a person can be killed at 30 and they'll pull a record when he was 12 to show he was violent and discredit him. Crazy it's hard out here for some and not only will some people look at it, many refuse to even acknowledge it even exist

I agree with your last paragraph. At the same time, racism is one of the easiest accusations to make as well because it is so looked down on, so socially unacceptable that to simply accuse someone of doing it is often enough to ruin their reputation irreparably in some circles. No proof needed whatsoever.

Yes that's why I even made that comment about Pulaski tn. It has literally been something every single time I've passed through but with that said I was passing through, right now you have to choose these type battles wisely and really really really understand making false claims just gives ammunition to discredit everything that may be going on right now and trust it's one of the first thing that will be pointed at to make as if everything is null and void

You're just all over the place, aren't you? Check MY credibility, when it's the folks who have lied and fabricated an imaginary cause resulting in the removal of 2 people at Mizzou that are the ones YOU are supporting ? Oh, that's right, you're not, you just claim you're glad they didn't get violent. Big freaking accomplishment, huh? Set your goals real high on that one.

They had no legit issue in the first place. Praising them for not getting violent is empty praise.

No one made those HS students walk out of their class rooms, where as the coach at Mizzou made the decision for all the other players. VERY big difference.

The coach didn't make the entire team. And you don't know what happened at the high school. Yes check YOUR credibility of saying nobody said that girl was assaulted when she was bumped into. You the one who said that out of the blue because you wanted to discredit me, don't get upset and go off tangent because you were wrong.

Yes I am happy with how it was handled especially the way I've seen you and others talk down and degrade when it went another way. Any way it's my opinion. As far as everything fabricated.....you have proof everything was fabricated or are you doing your rush Limbaugh technique, find one mistake in one article out of hundreds and say everything was a lie?

Lol keep trying though

Depends on perspective, I'm more intrigued at how some kids on a football team that's not even a school work a prestigious football tradition can make themselves heard louder and quicker than all these injustices that has happened over these last few years. Imo shows money is power and shows the catch 22 of people persecuted without money can't get a voice. Also why I find your constantly bringing the duke kids up amusing

Actually, it doesn't

* The ACA rule which discontinued healthcare coverage for the grad students had zero to do with the university or anyone's racial identity.

* Getting angry at some random person saying a ugly word at you, then causally using that same word as everyone laughs really loses the argument for you. Sorry, but it does. ( see video above, if you need context and clarification )

* Bullying school reporters on public land from doing the job of reporting ( protected 1st Amendment right )

* Sending out false alarms about the KKK's imminent presence on campus, and then not being held accountable.

So, where are all these " Injustices " ??? What is missing from this whole equation is a tiny thing called EVIDENCE. With it, there's at least a starting point for some sort of conversation. With out it... you have nothing but an angry mob, demanding things which quite frankly they have no business demanding, at all.

This is the new thing, want to be able and go back and use the n word again, and then be victims once that person gets popped in their hateful mouth. But that's even more my point it no matter what it is, kill people on the street to choking and body slamming little girls it will try to be justified....Seems like you can do whatever you want to a person as long as it's the right one.....bump into a drunk white woman in a bar and it's assault though.

But I do admit if I was on the privileged side how much would I do? I wouldn't like seeing any group of people treated so unfairly because that's how my heart is, but would I really be going out of my way trying to fight it? Or would I just say it doesn't affect me so I don't care? One thing I know I wouldn't do is try to make every situation right. Not my nature to see a guy shot in his back and me think if he wasn't running about child support it wouldn't happen. Or to turn my head and not have a problem with an officer smiling and waving while he has his knee in the back of the neck of a man....I would never stand behind something like that.

l agree with Cole paragraph 2 second sentence, I do believe the leader of The Nation of Islam disagrees with us....as well documented Louis Farrakhan regards Adolf Hitler as a " Wickedly Great Man".

Jessie Jackson referred to Jewish people as " Hymies".

I've already shown you the proof, Cole. You keep denying it all you want, but the rest of the world has seen this whole Missouri issue to being nonsense, and empty. And the player from Florida State didn't get kicked out of school because he bumped into some girl. He smacked her upside the face. Again keep defending that!

Depends on perspective, I'm more intrigued at how some kids on a football team that's not even a school work a prestigious football tradition can make themselves heard louder and quicker than all these injustices that has happened over these last few years. Imo shows money is power and shows the catch 22 of people persecuted without money can't get a voice. Also why I find your constantly bringing the duke kids up amusing

Actually, it doesn't

* The ACA rule which discontinued healthcare coverage for the grad students had zero to do with the university or anyone's racial identity.

* Getting angry at some random person saying a ugly word at you, then causally using that same word as everyone laughs really loses the argument for you. Sorry, but it does. ( see video above, if you need context and clarification )

* Bullying school reporters on public land from doing the job of reporting ( protected 1st Amendment right )

* Sending out false alarms about the KKK's imminent presence on campus, and then not being held accountable.

So, where are all these " Injustices " ??? What is missing from this whole equation is a tiny thing called EVIDENCE. With it, there's at least a starting point for some sort of conversation. With out it... you have nothing but an angry mob, demanding things which quite frankly they have no business demanding, at all.

But what if people are shouting racial epithets on a periodic basis and it's happening on campus?

I would expect the president or chancellor of the university to at least publicize the problem, emphasizing that was unacceptable behavior and grounds for expulsion. This reminds me of universities trying to keep their rape problem under cover.

No one really knows what really happened. You have no evidence either.

Actually, it doesn't

But what if people are shouting racial epithets on a periodic basis and it's happening on campus?

I would expect the president or chancellor of the university to at least publicize the problem, emphasizing that was unacceptable behavior and grounds for expulsion. This reminds me of universities trying to keep their rape problem under cover.

i haven't even seen that accused of happening. This protest or insurrection has not identified a reasonable injustice, much less proven one.

@ homer - there have been two incidences cited by the protesters with regard to such insults being used. One of them was off-campus. What is the president of University supposed to do about a verbal incident which is off-campus? Even taking these two incidences as happening at face value, what adult, reasonable action could be taken ?

I'm all ears.

Actually, it doesn't

i haven't even seen that accused of happening. This protest or insurrection has not identified a reasonable injustice, much less proven one.

You simply do not know that.

@ homer - there have been two incidences cited by the protesters with regard to such insults being used. One of them was off-campus. What is the president of University supposed to do about a verbal incident which is off-campus? Even taking these two incidences as happening at face value, what adult, reasonable action could be taken ?

I'm all ears.

Yeah, which is why you missed it the first time I said it. :-\

"I would expect the president or chancellor of the university to at least publicize the problem, emphasizing that was unacceptable behavior and grounds for expulsion. This reminds me of universities trying to keep their rape problem under cover.

No one really knows what really happened. You have no evidence either."

Actually, it doesn't

what are the waiting for then? you say they are being legitimately being discriminated against or oppressed but are keeping it secret? why?

Actually, it doesn't

what are the waiting for then? you say they are being legitimately being discriminated against or oppressed but are keeping it secret? why?

I don't know what has happened and neither do you. That's my only point.

It just seems to me me that some have a paradigm they are trying to support for whatever reason.

Actually, it doesn't

I don't know what has happened and neither do you. That's my only point.

It just seems to me me that some have a paradigm they are trying to support for whatever reason.

we agree on that much, .... why don't we know?

I've already shown you the proof, Cole. You keep denying it all you want, but the rest of the world has seen this whole Missouri issue to being nonsense, and empty. And the player from Florida State didn't get kicked out of school because he bumped into some girl. He smacked her upside the face. Again keep defending that!

You showed the proof? Where? You're the same guy that says the world see that trayvon Martin being killed was justified....you think I care what you say the world says....(your ego to say that is humorous people don't even agree with you on a regional football board but you can speak for the world?)

And yes he smacked her after she kicked and slapped him and some of you said he assaulted her on the bump. You said nobody said that so you were wrong, you can't butter it up and talk about other stuff. You said it and you were wrong period.

And as far as the keep defending that that's exactly what you did in that thread as well, I said they both should be held responsible and you then called me Ray rice. You said she wasn't a threat. You said at most be should have taken the blows and gotten security, then with this little girl you said it's on her.....peculiar. So I guess I should say yeah keep defending that criminal showing the little girl who's boss!

Actually, it doesn't

What happened to wait and see how it plays out. That was said while we watched on video the policeman shoot that man in his back and tried to plant the gun on him....

Actually, it doesn't

This is the new thing, want to be able and go back and use the n word again, and then be victims once that person gets popped in their hateful mouth. But that's even more my point it no matter what it is, kill people on the street to choking and body slamming little girls it will try to be justified....Seems like you can do whatever you want to a person as long as it's the right one.....bump into a drunk white woman in a bar and it's assault though.

But I do admit if I was on the privileged side how much would I do? I wouldn't like seeing any group of people treated so unfairly because that's how my heart is, but would I really be going out of my way trying to fight it? Or would I just say it doesn't affect me so I don't care? One thing I know I wouldn't do is try to make every situation right. Not my nature to see a guy shot in his back and me think if he wasn't running about child support it wouldn't happen. Or to turn my head and not have a problem with an officer smiling and waving while he has his knee in the back of the neck of a man....I would never stand behind something like that.

l agree with Cole paragraph 2 second sentence, I do believe the leader of The Nation of Islam disagrees with us....as well documented Louis Farrakhan regards Adolf Hitler as a " Wickedly Great Man".

Jessie Jackson referred to Jewish people as " Hymies".

Never heard that links? You did ask me for some from my personal experiences lol. While you at it and you're posting how you disagree with the extremist post how you disagree with the kkk as well

Actually, it doesn't

Well, as Titan pointed out in post #182:

Just so we understand - the issues and grievances that were brought up at Mizzou aren't unfounded. There were some problems and to some degree, the administration at UM didn't really address them or seem to see them as serious. So while I don't agree with all the tactics (especially this uber-butthut campout on the quad reaction), that's not to say they don't have a reason to be upset.

A very reasonable letter from a UM professor:

Cynthia Frisby is an associate professor in the Missouri School of Journalism. This is excerpted from a post on her Facebook page.

I have lived in Columbia and been at the university for almost 18 years. During this time, I have been called the n-word too many times to count.

My most recent experience was while jogging on Route K in May of 2015 when I was approached by a white man in a white truck with a Confederate flag very visible and proudly displayed.

He leaned out his window (now, keep in mind I run against traffic, so his behavior was a blatant sign that something was about to happen). Not only did he spit at me, he called me the n-word and gave me the finger.

Of course, I responded with, "Oh yea, get out of your car, you coward, and say that to my face." He then raced off. Typical. After the Zimmerman trial, I wrote about my experiences being called the n-word twice while I was on my jog. And yes, I have had a few faculty call me the n-word and treat me with incredible disrespect. Yes, faculty.

I have had a student who said he couldn't call me Dr. Frisby because that would mean that he thinks I am smart, and he was told that blacks are not smart and do not earn degrees without affirmative action. Yes, true story. I have so many stories to share that it just doesn't make sense to put them all here.

What I am responding to is the frequent question I have been asked all week: How have I endured these many hateful experiences for over 17 years, and why am I still here?

I endured because God allows me to see the good and cup half full. I endured because I know my life is in God's hands, and I do not walk alone. I endured because I find these to be teachable moments that I use in my classroom with my students. I endured (or better yet endure) because I have an amazing support system.

I endure because there are far too many of my white friends that have a heart of gold, love people of any color with a passion and who have a strong trust in and love for the Lord. I endure because I have friends who are white and daily show me that there are people who can hurt when I do and who sincerely want to make this culture a better place. I endure because I look to the Lord to help me grow and be the best person I can be.

I endure because I CHOSE AND CHOOSE to endure and overcome, and I choose to overlook ignorance. Choosing to overlook these idiots doesn't make me a "sell-out" or an Uncle Tom. I choose to endure because my mom and civil rights leaders taught me to never run but stand straight, tall and do not run.

Racism is alive, and it's everywhere. I endure because what I have gone through is nothing like what my mom went through in the '50s and '60s, nor is it even close to what my Lord and Savior had to endure while on the earth (he, too, was spat at, made fun of and even nailed to a cross simply because He loved us/me that much).

Yes, we are better off now than we were in the '50s, but to some extent, we are taking many steps backward by ignoring or not talking about the racial issues.

We need to have open discussions where people share their ignorance and learn from people who are different. (I do this in my classroom every day, and we learn and I learn so much.) So where am I going with this post?

I understand the anger. I understand that we've had enough. I also understand and agree with my friend Traci Wilson-Kleekamp when she wrote, "Jonathan L. Butler and ‎ConcernedStudent1950 please give space for mistakes, listening, learning and dialogue. This on the job training thing is powerful because it is SO VERY PUBLIC." I not only see this as on-the-job training for our administrators at MU, but I also see it as training for some of my very educated white friends.

The saddest of all things for me is to see how a few of my white friends are responding to these events and basic conflicts in race relations in our nation (i.e., police shootings, the President, etc). It hurts my heart when I see posts from these friends who make fun of us because we find things hurtful like dressing up in black face costumes or Confederate flags flying high in my neighborhood.

What bothers me is that the few of my white friends who feel this way have not taken time or energy to reach out to me and ask me why these things hurt or to understand what is going on or even send an email saying they are confused.

For the two friends who have in the recent days, thank you. That speaks volumes of your openness to understand. You are not even saying that you agree; you just want to hear from me and my thoughts and experiences. Kudos to being open.

Unlike my "other" so-called acquaintances. Instead, they take to social media and make jokes of the students, say things like, "Oh my God, what else are these people going to find offensive?" or even dumber things like, "I guess next year I will dress up as nothing." By the way: The Halloween costume event is not about not dressing up like someone, but it is about dressing up as characters, not as a race of people. It is the heart and intent of a person.

I write this post to ask if those folks who find that the situation on campus is ridiculous to please be a little more open-minded. Ask questions. Do your research. Heaven forbid you will put yourself in their shoes.

Maybe you should dress up in black face and spend a month walking around in that costume, and maybe then you will understand how we feel when you walk in a room or a store and get treated like a second class citizen. Maybe then you will understand that our feelings about being constantly referred to as niggers is more than "just getting over it." Maybe then you will understand why telling the students to get their "a@&S" in class because they are making much ado about nothing hurts and doesn't solve the problem.

I am much more than the n-word. I am an educated black woman who happens to have worked hard for my Ph.D. I am a mom. I am a grandmother. I am a daughter. I am a sister. I am an auntie. I am a cousin. I am loved by my family and friends. I am smart. I am funny (or so I think). I am a Christian who loves the Lord Jesus with my whole heart. I would die for Him as He died for us. I am YOUR FRIEND!

Yes, I am all of these things. There is so much more to me than the n-word implies. Please consider that when you criticize the events on campus: Yes, I am silly. Yes, I am a drama queen who thinks I should have been born a celebrity. But what I am not is a n****r! Let me just say that.

Consider that you have a friend who deserves and simply wants to be treated equally. You have and know a friend who jogs on Route K and wants to do that without fear that some kids in a car will think it is funny to yell at me and pretend that they will run me off the road. Know that you have a friend who wants to walk out every day with confidence that she will not be spat on or yelled euphemisms simply because of the color of her skin. To make things better in our world, that would be a start.

http://www.columbiam...8aa5321294.html

And again, I am not claiming I have anymore absolute knowledge of the facts than anyone. But here's a few more examples of alleged overt racism in the community:

http://www.huffingto...4b045bf3dee583d

It Shouldn't Be So Hard To Accept That Racism Is A Problem At Mizzou

In the midst of racial tension, some people are doing everything they can to avoid facing the uncomfortable truth.

If stuff like this were taking place in Auburn (God forbid), I would hope to see the administration address it.

Actually, it doesn't

Unfortunately Homer I question if the first event really happened. The person in the second event was punished and waiting hearing.

The University of Missouri Office of Student Conduct moved a student from campus pending the outcome of the student discipline process after he made racist remarks during a black student group’s gathering early Monday morning, MU officials said.

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/education/mu-student-moved-from-campus-after-racist-incident/article_b75c8089-27c9-584a-a729-ba528fd7de28.html

And there are repercussions:

He also says past students found guilty of race discrimination have been suspended and expelled.

http://fox2now.com/2015/10/06/university-of-missouri-police-investigate-report-of-racism/

We have seen the video where Butler rushes himself into the Presidents car and then claims they hit him. We have seen where the SGA President made several false claims about the KKK being on campus. We have seen Student1950 stereotype and lump all white people together (bunch of white drunks, the white media), attack the First Amendment rights of an Asian-American Student with threats of violence, and then segregate themselves into black only spaces so they can be real (why can't they be real in front of whites, browns, yellows?). We then have a video of them sitting around, using the very word that they were calling for peoples heads over, and laughing about it.

Student1950 has zero credibility with me and I do not believe that their purpose is equality and human rights.

Two things need to happen. One is that people are just going to have to accept that racism will never die, there will always be that guy.

Two is racial slurs need to have a universal meaning in these settings and treatment and punishment for use needs to be universal. Therefore if student that walked away saying N... are being aggressive is expelled then students in that video with Butler need to be expelled for saying Ya N.... first bite. It can't be this thing were the hot girl is flattered when the hot guy tells her she is hot and then gets upset and offended if a ugly guy dares to tell her she is hot.

The coach didn't make the entire team. And you don't know what happened at the high school.

Yes, he did.

And yes, I do.

Spring Valley High students stage walkout in support of fired deputy

And btw - Pinkel is resigning after the season.

Missouri football coach Gary Pinkel abruptly announced Friday he would resign at the end of the season for health reasons, days after he kept the team united when players went on strike because of racial tensions on campus.

Pinkel, 63, said he was diagnosed with lymphoma in May. He dismissed the idea that the week's events led to his decision

http://www.foxnews.c...-after-player/#

And again, I am not claiming I have anymore absolute knowledge of the facts than anyone. But here's a few more examples of alleged overt racism in the community:

http://www.huffingto...4b045bf3dee583d

It Shouldn't Be So Hard To Accept That Racism Is A Problem At Mizzou

In the midst of racial tension, some people are doing everything they can to avoid facing the uncomfortable truth.

If stuff like this were taking place in Auburn (God forbid), I would hope to see the administration address it.

homer, these things are real but done by individuals. You can't make policies to stop this. I know racism exists. I empathise with minorities. I just don't blame a university for things that happen or might have happened in the community.

Archived