Men vs. Northwestern State - game thread

WarTiger

Man how I wish Williams could have finished that dunk. That was on the verge of greatness.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got home. All that scoring made for a fun trip.

Crowd seemed kinda small on tv for Iron Bowl weekend. Was that the case? I've gotta make it down for a game this year. This team is impressing me thus far.

It was a very good crowd. Most of seats were filled, exception was in scholarship section and a few scattered around. Most upper deck seats were filled. Student section as full, but not packeted. Much larger than normal for a non SEC game. We have had good attendance for every game this season. Yes, there are empty seats, but still a good crowd.

Crowd seemed kinda small on tv for Iron Bowl weekend. Was that the case? I've gotta make it down for a game this year. This team is impressing me thus far.

It was a very good crowd. Most of seats were filled, exception was in scholarship section and a few scattered around. Most upper deck seats were filled. Student section as full, but not packeted. Much larger than normal for a non SEC game. We have had good attendance for every game this season. Yes, there are empty seats, but still a good crowd.

Got to get the scholarship people to sell or give their tickets away. There needs to some kind of punitive charge for those that continuously don't show. My season tickets are upper deck center court, last night was the first game I missed. Last minute, like at 630pm, I put the tickets on stubhub for $25 each they sold in seconds. Just wanted someone to fill my seats.

The ticket office needs to fine or figure out a way to deal with these no shows. The crowds are great the noise level is crazy. People want to get in, there are just no tickets available, those 800 or so empty seats could b e filled seconds.

Just thinking back on the game last night. I really like this team. That was fun when the team started feeding off its own momentum on both sides of the floor. A few things:

Bryce Brown has a good stroke. I just hope he doesn't only want to shoot the three. But if he makes them like that then really nothing to complain about.

Tyler Harris has such good presence of the situation. The diving ball and pass led to a transition basket.

Jersey number 4 is special at the small forward position. Dunas looks very similar to Chris Porter, and the player Bruce Pearl had at Tennessee that was so good. All played with great energy. He had such a hot hand last night. He was definitely feeling it in second half. This year should be fun.

Just thinking back on the game last night. I really like this team. That was fun when the team started feeding off its own momentum on both sides of the floor. A few things:

Bryce Brown has a good stroke. I just hope he doesn't only want to shoot the three. But if he makes them like that then really nothing to complain about.

Tyler Harris has such good presence of the situation. The diving ball and pass led to a transition basket.

Jersey number 4 (That is DUNANS) is special at the small forward position. Dunans looks very similar to Chris Porter, and the player Bruce Pearl had at Tennessee that was so good. All played with great energy. He had such a hot hand last night. He was definitely feeling it in second half. This year should be fun.

This is going to be a fun team to watch especially has they gain experience playing with each other throughout the season. One thing for sure, We are LOADED with great players. It's unbelievable the amount of depth we have after just one season with Pearl. Gonna be a fun ride.

Got to get the scholarship people to sell or give their tickets away. There needs to some kind of punitive charge for those that continuously don't show. My season tickets are upper deck center court, last night was the first game I missed. Last minute, like at 630pm, I put the tickets on stubhub for $25 each they sold in seconds. Just wanted someone to fill my seats.

The ticket office needs to fine or figure out a way to deal with these no shows. The crowds are great the noise level is crazy. People want to get in, there are just no tickets available, those 800 or so empty seats could b e filled seconds.

I think fines and punishment are a little extreme.

I do think a plan that encourages fans to make their tickets available would be a great idea.

Say .... A ticket exchange program through the university where some of the money you get goes towards next years season ticket purchase? An unused ticket gets used and you as a season ticket holder have an easy way to put money towards next years season book. Would help Auburn create an extra bit of continuity from one season to the next.

Just a thought.

Thanks. I was having a thanksgiving dinner at my folks and the few shots I saw of the crowd looked like quite a few empty seats. The second half was the best half of basketball offense I have ever witnessed from an AU team. Trying to temper my expectations this year but it's getting tough.

This team is a blast to watch. Every player on the floor brings something positive. The walkons that played the last couple minutes were even fun to watch. There will be a touch of adversity down the line but this team has some fantastic upside.

Jersey number 4 (That is DUNANS) is special at the small forward position. Dunans looks very similar to Chris Porter, and the player Bruce Pearl had at Tennessee that was so good. All played with great energy. He had such a hot hand last night. He was definitely feeling it in second half. This year should be fun.

This is going to be a fun team to watch especially has they gain experience playing with each other throughout the season. One thing for sure, We are LOADED with great players. It's unbelievable the amount of depth we have after just one season with Pearl. Gonna be a fun ride.

I realized it was Dunans. I was providing the comparison with a couple other great players that wore the number 4. Wayne Chism was the tennessee player. I am so glad we have Pearl. Still can't believe we actually got him.

I realized it was Dunans. I was providing the comparison with a couple other great players that wore the number 4. Wayne Chism was the tennessee player. I am so glad we have Pearl. Still can't believe we actually got him.

You spelled it Dunas, he was just correcting you.

I see so much positive. Bowers played his best game when we started off so bad at the beginning. He was the difference. We have lots of shooters and athletes at times we play lock down defense then we have let downs. Spencer and Harris are helping us in the paint but I think we will have trouble against good big men. That said I think that Harris and Spencer will make it hard on bigg men to cover them especially Harris as he can handle the ball shoot drive and pass. Spencer is all effort but will have to work on his offensive game.

All players have bought into Pearl's system, doing what is asked of them, hopefully fans can appreciate their contribution to building the foundation of this program

All players have bought into Pearl's system, doing what is asked of them, hopefully fans can appreciate their contribution to building the foundation of this program

I think they do. I'm too far away to catch a home game, but I've seen some or all of every game this year(and plenty last year) on television that shows that the fans care about basketball again.

oh my bad ... stupid auto correct.

No. I thought he didn't realize 4 was Dunans. :lol: I didn't realize he was trying to draw a comparison to other players.

No. I thought he didn't realize 4 was Dunans. :lol:/> I didn't realize he was trying to draw a comparison to other players.

Haha.

Tahj should be back in a couple of weeks. Not the worst timing, as we have a 10 day break after Wednesday's game against Coastal Carolina. Hopefully he can go against Mercer

Archived