Ricardo Speaks on QB Inconsistencies

Weegle777

There were stories written about jj leading the summer workouts and going working with the wr's....But as usual confusion of production and character and intangibles and whatnot

Yup.

I am starting to feel like we get the team we deserve with all this whining.

Yup.

Agree...sounds like JJ did all he could to build team cohesion.....and tried to be the leader....but once the game starts, players know who is getting the job done and when things aren't going well, someone has to be the 'reason' for it.

I think the OP is somewhat misleading and just promotes the purpose of the media hack who started this controversy...which was to start a controversy that drew clicks to his site. These guys know how to crib a couple of phrases to create the story they want.

Just to be clear....again....RL did not seek out a reporter to complain about his team mates. IMO, he gave an honest answer as he saw things....and did not blame anyone....just noted what was pretty obvious to anyone watching the games this year.

I hate that he is getting beat up over this because I don't think he deserves it....and despite his problems this season, I'm of the view that he had many, many more positive plays than negative plays....it's just that people seem to remember the negative stuff.

Yup.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes you just suck because you suck. It's not because you didn't try, or work, or wanted to be good....sometimes you're just not good enough

To Ricardo's point, I wonder how much time outside of practice that Jeremy spent throwing with the receivers. I remember when Cam was here there were all kinds of stories about him nagging his receivers to go throw with him and how they spent hours just running routes and throwing. That's where rhythm comes from, when you've done it so often that you know what the other guy is going to do.

Unfortunately, when you have a QB competition, the receivers only have so much time to go around, so it makes it that much harder to put in the extra work. Hopefully Gus can sort things out quickly in the Spring, and the starting QB and receivers will take advantage of having all summer to develop a rhythm.

I don't get the impression that JJ was that sort of leader. To be fair, few are.

Can't say that I got that impression either. However, I do get the impression that he's a good kid and with the right motivation could become that kind of leader.

Sean seems to have that natural leadership air about him... you could see it in his attitude on the field. Until we hear about it really manifesting itself, however, that's just speculation.

Unfortunately, if we get mired down in a QB battle, no one is going to be able to maximize their leadership potential.

Sometimes you just suck because you suck. It's not because you didn't try, or work, or wanted to be good....sometimes you're just not good enough

Nobody wants to hear or admit to that.

Especially coaches. They hate to admit they missed on a QB. Too much invested. At other positions, its not quite as evident.

What's hard to understand is how you can be a superstar in high school and not find some way to translate that into college. It's a bigger stage and it moves faster, but the base skill set is obviously there, so... what's missing? I can understand situations where your body lets you down... you can't add that extra strength or speed needed to compete, but throwing, catching, vision, route running, making good decisions... all of that stuff translates from one level to the next and isn't really limited by physical growth.

I do often wonder if it wouldn't be an advantage to have a team psychologist to help find the block for some kids. One thing that could be an issue is not that someone doesn't want to be good, but that they want it so much that they psych themselves out.

Especially coaches. They hate to admit they missed on a QB. Too much invested. At other positions, its not quite as evident.

yes. I think going live in practices is the only way the coaches could have seen the problems jj was prone to. When hen played the previous pt he was scripted and given max protection. It is a damned if you do damned if you don't. You can't get qbs hurt in practices either.

yes. I think going live in practices is the only way the coaches could have seen the problems jj was prone to. When hen played the previous pt he was scripted and given max protection. It is a damned if you do damned if you don't. You can't get qbs hurt in practices either.

I understood that Gus was running the QB live in practice, at least some of the time. I think there is still a level of comfort getting hit in practice, however, as you know they aren't going to try to hurt you. I also wonder if Jeremy's problem is less getting hit and more that he's so worried about making mistakes that it hinders his ability to just play.

So ricardo calls out the QBs but the man couldnt catch a cold. How is that fair?

So cammycam2 calls out the WR but the cammycam2 couldn't read a full quote. How is that fair?

Archived