Ricardo Speaks on QB Inconsistencies

Weegle777

See that last sentence of Mikey 's post? He has a tendency to very matter of factly say things he doesn't have the slightest idea about. That's why I laughed

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't recognize the person in the video as being ricardo so I didn't watch it until now. It's heavily edited to mostly show responses. No way to know for sure if he is complaining more about coaching decisions with qbs or the qb play. Mainly just refers to lack of rhythm with qb. With jj referring to lack of rhythm and linking that to playing two qbs you have to wonder if they're not connected. Sounds like he is just frustrated that he didn't get a chance to make plays and is throwing blame w/o being too specific. Sounds like it's at the qb in the interview, but I agree that with the tightness of the team, and jj's more direct comments, that"s unlikely. Anyways, too much wasted breath on this thread already for me.

Swapping QBs had no effect what so ever on the first 3 games of the season that got JJ benched to start with. It also didn't seem to affect White his last 3 games. I'm seeing an excuse there and nothing more. Of course, I'm not sure what else JJ could say that wouldn't be thrown back in his face at this point. He said nothing out of line and didn't blame anyone in particular so no harm no foul here. Hope he finds somewhere to succeed as a player. Don't think he'll be here next year (don't think its best for his football future to stay anyways)

Ricardo had fumbles and dropped passes all year. He has no room to talk.

Agree. Pot and kettle in my opinion.

No kidding. He's consistently inconsistent.

That fumble against georgia..drops against everyone....jeez.

He has a great rhythm of dropping and fumbling.

He rarely fumbled.

okay, just dropping passes and an occasional back breaking goal line fumble against your 2nd biggest SEC rival. I wouldn't even mention these things but he brought up lack of rhythm on offense and these things have a tremendous effect on offensive rhythm. Seems only fair. He goes one game without a drop and it's time to play the blame game.

It's all going to be okay.

It already is. Just commenting. Are you upset, or just trying to be an a$$ as always?

Not sure why so many on here take a simple comment and try to turn it into a war. There's one or two on here I tend to get into wars with for no reason as well and it should all stop IMO.

It was a pretty smart ass remark IIRC.

No man

What I vouched for is that the Columbus Ledger-Enqurier writers give Auburn a fair shake, unlike uat.com. That was a couple of days ago. Obviously, I didn't vouch for some specific article before it was even posted.

Cole, as usual, pretends to mis-understand in order to promote his own little crusade.

See that last sentence of Mikey 's post? He has a tendency to very matter of factly say things he doesn't have the slightest idea about. That's why I laughed

See -- peas in a pod.

:big:

What I vouched for is that the Columbus Ledger-Enqurier writers give Auburn a fair shake, unlike uat.com. That was a couple of days ago. Obviously, I didn't vouch for some specific article before it was even posted.

Cole, as usual, pretends to mis-understand in order to promote his own little crusade.

See -- peas in a pod.

:big:

Now that's comedy :lol:

See -- peas in a pod.

:big:/>

Boooooo!

See -- peas in a pod.

:big:/>

Boooooo!

Bet Mikey agrees with you, as usual.

;)

Britt's mom wears WalMart sneakers!

:laugh:/>

You're ok as long as she doesn't see this, Mikey.

If you hear her coming down to the basement, just turn your computer off. :-D

players have emotions just like we do. they wanted the same things the fans did but it did not happen. it's just funny some get on here and rant come close to making demands on this or that. we might have one more game. lets get behind them and finish the season before we....or some... start taking shots again.

Ricardo had fumbles and dropped passes all year. He has no room to talk.

He's right, but it sorta falls flat when he's missed the opportunities that have been there.

Ricardo has zero room to talk ... young man aught to work on catching the football. Please tell me he is a senior - please!

"You can't hold on to the ball, you can't do anything" how fitting - sounds like he is projecting.

Ricardo has zero room to talk ... young man aught to work on catching the g**d***n football. Please tell me he is a senior - please!

"You can't hold on to the ball, you can't do anything" how fitting - sounds like he is projecting.

Rub your ears and go wooosahhhhh

Ricardo has zero room to talk ... young man aught to work on catching the g**d***n football. Please tell me he is a senior - please!

Rub your ears and go wooosahhhhh

haha yeah good point I'm still unfairly bitter from the fsu game

tADXcvA.jpg

Too many people acting just like Creepea and Marshmallow (intentional). Kids interviewed after tough loss are giving general answers like "just didn't get it done", "couldn't establish rhythm", etc. This is no Ezekiel Elliott moment and I believe trying to make it such is a stretch.

Here's a

Some Excerpts:

Question: "How big was the quarterback fluctuation? I don't know if you knew it was going to be Jeremy the entire time, but you probably had a better idea than we did."

Ricardo: "Yea, I knew it was going to be Jeremy the whole time, but, that's not the reason why we lost. We just couldn't finish on both sides of the ball, couldn't get it done."

Question: "How frustrating is it that you guys can't seem to find a rhythm when you need it in the 3rd and 4th quarter?"

Ricardo: "Yea, great teams, they always have rhythm on both sides of the ball, especially on offense. If you and the quarterback have a rhythm, then nobody can stop you. If you don't have rhythm with your quarterback, then you can't have rhythm in the game, you can't score, you can't move the ball, you can't do anything."

Question: "Looked like you got open deep a few times and you and Jeremy just couldn't hook up — early down the sideline and then in the corner of the endzone — What happened?"

Ricardo: "I could have made some plays on the ball, but we just weren't in rhythm. If we're not in rhythm, we're not going to make plays. Once we get that rhythm, I feel like we're hard to stop, but we just couldn't get it."

Too many people acting just like Creepea and Marshmallow (intentional). Kids interviewed after tough loss are giving general answers like "just didn't get it done", "couldn't establish rhythm", etc. This is no Ezekiel Elliott moment and I believe trying to make it such is a stretch.

He is not a kid, our team is full of young adults not kids I agree there's not a big controversy here from what he said.

Edit: sorry i jumped on you w/ the kid comment it's early and as you mentioned the iron bowl brings out emotion.

Had Ricardo and Melvin had better hands our season would have improved a lot.

That being said, I remember Darvin dropping some easy ones, and I want to say that Sammy was at or near the top in the SEC for drops while open... we still got it done decently then.

Here's a <a style="text-decoration: underline" href="

of Ricardo that includes the questions</a>.

Some Excerpts:

<b>Question</b>: "How big was the quarterback fluctuation? I don't know if you knew it was going to be Jeremy the entire time, but you probably had a better idea than we did."

<b>Ricardo</b>: "Yea, I knew it was going to be Jeremy the whole time, but, that's not the reason why we lost. We just couldn't finish on both sides of the ball, couldn't get it done."

<b>Question</b>: "How frustrating is it that you guys can't seem to find a rhythm when you need it in the 3rd and 4th quarter?"

<b>Ricardo</b>: "Yea, great teams, they always have rhythm on both sides of the ball, especially on offense. If you and the quarterback have a rhythm, then nobody can stop you. If you don't have rhythm with your quarterback, then you can't have rhythm in the game, you can't score, you can't move the ball, you can't do anything."

<b>Question</b>: "Looked like you got open deep a few times and you and Jeremy just couldn't hook up — early down the sideline and then in the corner of the endzone — What happened?"

<b>Ricardo</b>: "I could have made some plays on the ball, but we just weren't in rhythm. If we're not in rhythm, we're not going to make plays. Once we get that rhythm, I feel like we're hard to stop, but we just couldn't get it."

So pretty much what I said...

Here's a <a style="text-decoration: underline" href="

of Ricardo that includes the questions</a>.

Some Excerpts:

<b>Question</b>: "How big was the quarterback fluctuation? I don't know if you knew it was going to be Jeremy the entire time, but you probably had a better idea than we did."

<b>Ricardo</b>: "Yea, I knew it was going to be Jeremy the whole time, but, that's not the reason why we lost. We just couldn't finish on both sides of the ball, couldn't get it done."

<b>Question</b>: "How frustrating is it that you guys can't seem to find a rhythm when you need it in the 3rd and 4th quarter?"

<b>Ricardo</b>: "Yea, great teams, they always have rhythm on both sides of the ball, especially on offense. If you and the quarterback have a rhythm, then nobody can stop you. If you don't have rhythm with your quarterback, then you can't have rhythm in the game, you can't score, you can't move the ball, you can't do anything."

<b>Question</b>: "Looked like you got open deep a few times and you and Jeremy just couldn't hook up — early down the sideline and then in the corner of the endzone — What happened?"

<b>Ricardo</b>: "I could have made some plays on the ball, but we just weren't in rhythm. If we're not in rhythm, we're not going to make plays. Once we get that rhythm, I feel like we're hard to stop, but we just couldn't get it."

So pretty much what I said...

No, it's not. How many hundreds of passes has jj been able to throw to louis in practice over the last 3 years and in games? He has thrown multiple deep balls this year in practice and in games.

What does it take to get your qb rhythm on? Jj has practiced for 3 years, and been the starter for 7 games this year. He finds his rhythm on half his throws and loses it on the other half, usually when he is under heavier pressure.

We definitely can't find our rhythm. It isn't due to changing qbs. At least not in the bama game. That was jj's 7th start of the season. Ricardo didn't say it was due to qb changes, but jj did.

Archived