Ricardo Speaks on QB Inconsistencies

Weegle777

Here's a

Some Excerpts:

Question: "How big was the quarterback fluctuation? I don't know if you knew it was going to be Jeremy the entire time, but you probably had a better idea than we did."

Ricardo: "Yea, I knew it was going to be Jeremy the whole time, but, that's not the reason why we lost. We just couldn't finish on both sides of the ball, couldn't get it done."

Question: "How frustrating is it that you guys can't seem to find a rhythm when you need it in the 3rd and 4th quarter?"

Ricardo: "Yea, great teams, they always have rhythm on both sides of the ball, especially on offense. If you and the quarterback have a rhythm, then nobody can stop you. If you don't have rhythm with your quarterback, then you can't have rhythm in the game, you can't score, you can't move the ball, you can't do anything."

Question: "Looked like you got open deep a few times and you and Jeremy just couldn't hook up — early down the sideline and then in the corner of the endzone — What happened?"

Ricardo: "I could have made some plays on the ball, but we just weren't in rhythm. If we're not in rhythm, we're not going to make plays. Once we get that rhythm, I feel like we're hard to stop, but we just couldn't get it."

Thank you for posting this. Once again, ignorant Auburn "fans" are bashing the hell out of a player who worked his ass off for this team for years because of something he didn't even say.

So predictable, yet still so disappointing.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too many people acting just like Creepea and Marshmallow (intentional). Kids interviewed after tough loss are giving general answers like "just didn't get it done", "couldn't establish rhythm", etc. This is no Ezekiel Elliott moment and I believe trying to make it such is a stretch.

He is not a kid, our team is full of young adults not kids I agree there's not a big controversy here from what he said.

Edit: sorry i jumped on you w/ the kid comment it's early and as you mentioned the iron bowl brings out emotion.

Sorry, having trouble quoting on phone, but apology accepted. I do realize that they are young adults but, at the same time, I have "kids" of my own around the same age and older so I also see it from that perspective

Here's a <a style="text-decoration: underline" href="https://www.youtube....Wm8ChhCs">video of Ricardo that includes the questions</a>.

Some Excerpts:

<b>Question</b>: "How big was the quarterback fluctuation? I don't know if you knew it was going to be Jeremy the entire time, but you probably had a better idea than we did."

<b>Ricardo</b>: "Yea, I knew it was going to be Jeremy the whole time, but, that's not the reason why we lost. We just couldn't finish on both sides of the ball, couldn't get it done."

<b>Question</b>: "How frustrating is it that you guys can't seem to find a rhythm when you need it in the 3rd and 4th quarter?"

<b>Ricardo</b>: "Yea, great teams, they always have rhythm on both sides of the ball, especially on offense. If you and the quarterback have a rhythm, then nobody can stop you. If you don't have rhythm with your quarterback, then you can't have rhythm in the game, you can't score, you can't move the ball, you can't do anything."

<b>Question</b>: "Looked like you got open deep a few times and you and Jeremy just couldn't hook up — early down the sideline and then in the corner of the endzone — What happened?"

<b>Ricardo</b>: "I could have made some plays on the ball, but we just weren't in rhythm. If we're not in rhythm, we're not going to make plays. Once we get that rhythm, I feel like we're hard to stop, but we just couldn't get it."

So pretty much what I said...

No, it's not. How many hundreds of passes has jj been able to throw to louis in practice over the last 3 years and in games? He has thrown multiple deep balls this year in practice and in games.

What does it take to get your qb rhythm on? Jj has practiced for 3 years, and been the starter for 7 games this year. He finds his rhythm on half his throws and loses it on the other half, usually when he is under heavier pressure.

We definitely can't find our rhythm. It isn't due to changing qbs. At least not in the bama game. That was jj's 7th start of the season. Ricardo didn't say it was due to qb changes, but jj did.

YOU DARE TO QUESTION!

Off with his head!

Here's a <a style="text-decoration: underline" href="

of Ricardo that includes the questions</a>.

Some Excerpts:

<b>Question</b>: "How big was the quarterback fluctuation? I don't know if you knew it was going to be Jeremy the entire time, but you probably had a better idea than we did."

<b>Ricardo</b>: "Yea, I knew it was going to be Jeremy the whole time, but, that's not the reason why we lost. We just couldn't finish on both sides of the ball, couldn't get it done."

<b>Question</b>: "How frustrating is it that you guys can't seem to find a rhythm when you need it in the 3rd and 4th quarter?"

<b>Ricardo</b>: "Yea, great teams, they always have rhythm on both sides of the ball, especially on offense. If you and the quarterback have a rhythm, then nobody can stop you. If you don't have rhythm with your quarterback, then you can't have rhythm in the game, you can't score, you can't move the ball, you can't do anything."

<b>Question</b>: "Looked like you got open deep a few times and you and Jeremy just couldn't hook up — early down the sideline and then in the corner of the endzone — What happened?"

<b>Ricardo</b>: "I could have made some plays on the ball, but we just weren't in rhythm. If we're not in rhythm, we're not going to make plays. Once we get that rhythm, I feel like we're hard to stop, but we just couldn't get it."

No, it's not. How many hundreds of passes has jj been able to throw to louis in practice over the last 3 years and in games? He has thrown multiple deep balls this year in practice and in games.

What does it take to get your qb rhythm on? Jj has practiced for 3 years, and been the starter for 7 games this year. He finds his rhythm on half his throws and loses it on the other half, usually when he is under heavier pressure.

We definitely can't find our rhythm. It isn't due to changing qbs. At least not in the bama game. That was jj's 7th start of the season. Ricardo didn't say it was due to qb changes, but jj did.

I AM TALKING ABOUT RICARDO!!!! Wtf ate you talking about???? I said the reporter probably asked him about rhythm that's why he talked about it. Nobody is talking about JJ but you. As far as changing qb's not affecting rhythm I'm not arguing that stupidity anybody who ever coached out played knows it does. Anybody with half a brain knows that it does. That's not saying it's an excuse for jj. His problem are confidence issues

Please sthu

Here's a

Some Excerpts:

Question: "How big was the quarterback fluctuation? I don't know if you knew it was going to be Jeremy the entire time, but you probably had a better idea than we did."

Ricardo: "Yea, I knew it was going to be Jeremy the whole time, but, that's not the reason why we lost. We just couldn't finish on both sides of the ball, couldn't get it done."

Question: "How frustrating is it that you guys can't seem to find a rhythm when you need it in the 3rd and 4th quarter?"

Ricardo: "Yea, great teams, they always have rhythm on both sides of the ball, especially on offense. If you and the quarterback have a rhythm, then nobody can stop you. If you don't have rhythm with your quarterback, then you can't have rhythm in the game, you can't score, you can't move the ball, you can't do anything."

Question: "Looked like you got open deep a few times and you and Jeremy just couldn't hook up — early down the sideline and then in the corner of the endzone — What happened?"

Ricardo: "I could have made some plays on the ball, but we just weren't in rhythm. If we're not in rhythm, we're not going to make plays. Once we get that rhythm, I feel like we're hard to stop, but we just couldn't get it."

Thank you for posting this. Once again, ignorant Auburn "fans" are bashing the hell out of a player who worked his ass off for this team for years because of something he didn't even say.

Damn this is ALL I was saying

Here's a

Some Excerpts:

Damn this is ALL I was saying

You've always been on point on this subject.

With the exception of the game where they brought an obviously hurt SW in what options did the coaches have. JJ threw to those receivers in last year in the spring and in the fall and through first 3 games he had plenty of time to develop rhythm. He played so bad the brought in SW who had never played a game SW seemed to have a Rhythm after first game when they opened O up for him. His numbers were pretty good despite an awful lot of dropped passes. After he hurt his knee he wasn't the same and coaches had to go back to JJ.

You always give the starting QB more time with first team but when starting QB doesn't perform you have to make changes. That is what the coaches did. They tried to make the best of a bad situation. I was really hoping that JJ would come back and impress me when SW got hurt. But the reality is they limited what they would let him try to cut down the mistakes and even within the limits they set he missed some wide open receivers. If he had hit a few of those passes they might have opened up offense a little more.

I like JJ he has been a class act since he has been here. I honestly think they caught him when he was down after the bama game where he competed hard but did not meet his own expectations and he said something while depressed. We all say things when depressed please don't make more out of this then that.

Also Ricardo basically answered the questions as they were asked. He said he and JJ didn't have Rhythm together and without it O doesn't go. That is the truth.

Here's a <a style="text-decoration: underline" href="

of Ricardo that includes the questions</a>.

Some Excerpts:

exactly. He admitted he could have done better too. No problem with his comments.

Don't take this as a flame, I think the interviewer was baiting Ricardo, but how much "rhythm" does it take for a D1 level receiver to catch a ball that hits him right in the hands?

I think he has most drops in his career as an starting WR. I was at the last iron bowl he dropped a possible TD at JHS and he also dropped a wide open pass in the NC too. What bothers me is guys like him with bad hands talk as if they have Jerry Rice hands. We had to put Melvin Ray in and he took the same play and scored he is just very slow and lately his hands be terrible too. buttom line our WR didn't do a lot to help either QB out this season. we had some many drops on 3rd downs all year. I honestly think nobody job is safe next year.

I don't take issue with his comment. He was talking in generalizations and nothing he said was incorrect nor did he excuse himself or blame others....just stating the facts.

Why are folks ragging on Louis over this? Makes no sense.

Ricardo needs to shut up. He was far less than average this season.

wde

Not a good sign when your No. 1 WR is a below average SEC receiver.

Folks need something to project their own issues onto.

People want to vent on the team. So they need something like this to do so, even though this wasn't what they need....everybody handled their press talks well. I wish barber wouldn't have said what he did, not because of anything but how the media will run with it but everybody handled themselves pretty good

Folks need something to project their own issues onto.

People want to vent on the team. So they need something like this to do so, even though this wasn't what they need....everybody handled their press talks well. I wish barber wouldn't have said what he did, not because of anything but how the media will run with it but everybody handled themselves pretty good

I missed what Barber said, but I'm okay not knowing. No need to feed the vultures.

To Ricardo's point, I wonder how much time outside of practice that Jeremy spent throwing with the receivers. I remember when Cam was here there were all kinds of stories about him nagging his receivers to go throw with him and how they spent hours just running routes and throwing. That's where rhythm comes from, when you've done it so often that you know what the other guy is going to do.

Unfortunately, when you have a QB competition, the receivers only have so much time to go around, so it makes it that much harder to put in the extra work. Hopefully Gus can sort things out quickly in the Spring, and the starting QB and receivers will take advantage of having all summer to develop a rhythm.

Baylor coaches didn't have too much trouble getting rhythm on their offense with a 3rd string quarterback. Georgia has done pretty well with mediocre quarterbacks as has Bama. Even LSU didn't stink up the division with a very marginal quarterback situation. I hate to be negative but to blame on this on our lack of a good QB is being blind. I am as frustrated as anyone with this year's outcome (and last). Had the media picked us to be mediocre I would have been somewhat disappointed but to heralded as a potential FBS Champ and near shoe-in in the West, it is a bitter pill.

War Eagle!

Don't take this as a flame, I think the interviewer was baiting Ricardo, but how much "rhythm" does it take for a D1 level receiver to catch a ball that hits him right in the hands?

A lot... that's the last place he was expecting it.

Baylor coaches didn't have too much trouble getting rhythm on their offense with a 3rd string quarterback. Georgia has done pretty well with mediocre quarterbacks as has Bama. Even LSU didn't stink up the division with a very marginal quarterback situation. I hate to be negative but to blame on this on our lack of a good QB is being blind. I am as frustrated as anyone with this year's outcome (and last). Had the media picked us to be mediocre I would have been somewhat disappointed but to heralded as a potential FBS Champ and near shoe-in in the West, it is a bitter pill.

War Eagle!

It's already been documented that Baylor's production dropped, dramatically with every consecutive QB. LSU rode a phenom running back until coordinators figured out how to scheme to shut him down and then they fell apart. Georgia did something similar, until he got hurt, and then managed to get by but not well enough to save their coach's job.

No, QB wasn't our only issue... we were sorely lacking in big play receivers and our O-Line is a work in progress, but none of the QBs you listed had the issues Jeremy did. Also, if you look at our numbers, we actually improved when we brought in our 2nd string QB... he just got hurt, and our 3rd string was already hurt, so we had no where to go from there.

Say what you will, but if the ball hits you in the hands, You catch it. That is not about rhythm.

More than just the hands. Dropping a ball that hits the hands is inexcusable. However, as long as the ball is in the receiver's catch radius, and the defender is not challenging the catch, the ball should be caught most of the time.

Say what you will, but if the ball hits you in the hands, You catch it. That is not about rhythm.

More than just the hands. Dropping a ball that hits the hands is inexcusable. However, as long as the ball is in the receiver's catch radius, and the defender is not challenging the catch, the ball should be caught most of the time.

That's with a big play receiver... the one of those we had lost his mind a few games into the season. The rest went to schools that weren't a run-first and often offense since 2009.

War Eagle!

It's already been documented that Baylor's production dropped, dramatically with every consecutive QB. LSU rode a phenom running back until coordinators figured out how to scheme to shut him down and then they fell apart. Georgia did something similar, until he got hurt, and then managed to get by but not well enough to save their coach's job.

No, QB wasn't our only issue... we were sorely lacking in big play receivers and our O-Line is a work in progress, but none of the QBs you listed had the issues Jeremy did. Also, if you look at our numbers, we actually improved when we brought in our 2nd string QB... he just got hurt, and our 3rd string was already hurt, so we had no where to go from there.

You didn't have games for LSU where you had to ask why they didn't try to get the ball too their best player. And only thing their qb did better is he'd run out of the pocket

War Eagle!

You didn't have games for LSU where you had to ask why they didn't try to get the ball too their best player. And only thing their qb did better is he'd run out of the pocket

That's probably because their best player was a good pass blocker, so when they were playing from behind and had to pass, they could trust him to protect the QB. And while Harris only had marginally better ratings than Jeremy he had 12 touchdowns to 5 INTs. Jeremy had 9 touchdowns to 7 INTs.

Archived