Craig WR

Meyers DB

Davis jr Ath

Brown DT

EMB LB - gut feeling only I know he is trending away from us

OT not sure who maybe Niang

Not sure if we pursue Webb at QB if not one more person not sure who

Heard we are saving one scholly for the kicker

My gut feeling was wrong on EMB and I now think Sammons may be the OT. Others actually feel more sure of then when I originally posted this. Davis jr I think will be a LB here. Wish we could find one more LB.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1- Jayvaughn Meyers

2- Craig- Meyers

3- Steven Davis Jr.

4- Derrick Brown.

5- Sage Ledbetter

6- ??

Sage is not getting a scholly. Not w/ this class anyway. I would swap him w/ Prince Sammons.

So I took a tall glass of orange Kool Ade, added my favorite adult beverage, then drank several down. I've now had a vision.

Offence: Meyers, Priece, and Sammons

Defence: Brown, Davis, Meyers, and Warrior

Wasn't sure where to ask this, but this seems like as good a thread as any.....

Without going into the near comical complexity of the grapevine I heard this through, someone that might actually know told me there has been renewed interest between Auburn and TaDarryl Marshall (ATH from Leeds). They said he's considering canceling an OV on the 29th (to Illinois, apparently) and visiting Auburn instead.

Anyone hear anything even remotely supporting this? At this stage and with the guys we have on the big board it seems implausible, but I figured I would ask.

WDE!

So I took a tall glass of orange Kool Ade, added my favorite adult beverage, then drank several down. I've now had a vision.

Offence: Meyers, Priece, and Sammons

Defence: Brown, Davis, Meyers, and Warrior

If we could finish with these guys we will have some play makers on the field in years to come. We would have to go after some LBs next year.

If Marshall flips to UGA, how many can we take?

8 but it looks like we may save a spot for a Grad Transfer or 2.

Which Grad transfers are you talking about? I have only heard about Webb.

There is an experienced QB from Oregon State moving on also....maybe not immediately eligible though

The top 5 spots at 247 have 20 commits or more and some of them are close to being full. So just for fun, I used the 247 class calculator today to do a "what if" scenario and see where we might be in comparison.

* currently: #11 ranked class, 17 commits, 242.57 points.

17 commits

-1 Manning won't be an IC to '16

-1 Marshall to Georgia (my guess)

+6 Derrick Brown, Nate Craig-Myers, Javaughn Myers, Stephen Davis Jr, EJ Price, Prince Sammons.

21 commits

* with changes: #3 ranked class, 21 commits, 277.04 points.

Wasn't sure where to ask this, but this seems like as good a thread as any.....

Without going into the near comical complexity of the grapevine I heard this through, someone that might actually know told me there has been renewed interest between Auburn and TaDarryl Marshall (ATH from Leeds). They said he's considering canceling an OV on the 29th (to Illinois, apparently) and visiting Auburn instead.

Anyone hear anything even remotely supporting this? At this stage and with the guys we have on the big board it seems implausible, but I figured I would ask.

WDE!

Not yet but given the space it looks like we'll have left in the class it's possible. Also could be a plan B if the staff believes Character flips.

None yet. It's not even known normally til mid late this semester what GTs will be out there. I'm just saying word is staff is looking to save a spot or 2 for a GT

Based on the finish of the last 5 years 277 points gets a 7th to 10th team rank range

For those always take signing day off, this year looks to be pretty quiet as far as number of commits, and surprises.

Yes but our big fish doesn't commit til 2 CT so it's still worth it IMO.

There is an experienced QB from Oregon State moving on also....maybe not immediately eligible though

what type of QB? Is he a DT/QB or a pocket creeper?

The top 5 spots at 247 have 20 commits or more and some of them are close to being full. So just for fun, I used the 247 class calculator today to do a "what if" scenario and see where we might be in comparison.

17 commits

+6 Derrick Brown, Nate Craig-Myers, Javaughn Myers, Stephen Davis Jr, EJ Price, Prince Sammons.

21 commits

Heard some positive things about Warrior. Is there a reason he is not on the list?

17 commits

21 commits

Heard some positive things about Warrior. Is there a reason he is not on the list?

Warrior is all Tennessee. When his mom was comparing all of the schools, the only thing good she said about Auburn was its state of the art technology - not really what you want to depend upon when recruiting a kid.

Warrior is all Tennessee. When his mom was comparing all of the schools, the only thing good she said about Auburn was its state of the art technology - not really what you want to depend upon when recruiting a kid.

She actually said quite a good number of things about AU & was impressed. We are likely #2 right now.

She actually said quite a good number of things about AU & was impressed. We are likely #2 right now.

Obviously, I would never disagree with you about what she said. You know your stuff and I am sure she said other nice things about Auburn, but the following quote from her made me think that we really aren't leading for his recruitment:

"He'll say that he likes this and he likes them, and I really truly think it's a hard decision. He likes Alabama. They're a winner. They're a champion. Tennessee, he has a legacy there. They love him. He really doesn't have a good reason not to go there. LSU because he's a defensive player. They're known to coach good defensive backs. They're DBU. You've got Georgia, the hometown, right here where you live. Represent your state. And then you've got Auburn that has great, state-of-the-art technology."

17 commits

21 commits

No reason other than those are the ones that "seemed" to be getting the most talk. I just thought Warrior would be more of a stretch than the others but you never know. Even though CB-Dean and P-Phillips are '16 ICs, the 21 number would still give us 2 more so we'll see. I would love to have him that's for sure.

Obviously, I would never disagree with you about what she said. You know your stuff and I am sure she said other nice things about Auburn, but the following quote from her made me think that we really aren't leading for his recruitment:

"He'll say that he likes this and he likes them, and I really truly think it's a hard decision. He likes Alabama. They're a winner. They're a champion. Tennessee, he has a legacy there. They love him. He really doesn't have a good reason not to go there. LSU because he's a defensive player. They're known to coach good defensive backs. They're DBU. You've got Georgia, the hometown, right here where you live. Represent your state. And then you've got Auburn that has great, state-of-the-art technology."

Was that after the AU OV? I have read 3 articles since the AU OB & that was not in there. Just asking politely.

Was that after the AU OV? I have read 3 articles since the AU OB & that was not in there. Just asking politely.

Yes, after his official with Auburn. I didn't want to link the article since it came from al.com, but it's hard to argue against an actual quote, unless the quote is taken out of context which it probably was.

Archived