Men vs. South Carolina - Game Thread

WarTiger

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously, USCe isn't really playing all that well. AU just doesn't have the guns to make this one a game.

Nah they're playing about as well as they've played all year... They can shoot if from the outside. If we wouldn't turn the ball over, I'd say we're playing pretty decent...

If that's the case, are they just a product of their schedule? I haven't watched them play and this is pretty mediocre basketball on both ends, they just thend to put a few points together while AU doesn't.

In a nut shell...

Now, they're scrappy... but very streaky. Worked out well for them thus far.

Biggest guy on the floor, not one bothers to see him get down the floor. Gets an easy dunk and tack on a stupid foul by Harris.

Turnover by AU and it's pretty much done at this point. AU looks sluggish, sloppy, and disinterested tonight except for a few moments here and there. Oh well, on to the next one!

USCe is just a good basketball team folks. They really know how to squash runs and play sound defense. They still aren't playing anywhere near their potential but AU isn't really making them do so. The great thing is that SEC basketball as a whole is starting to get better. The better the conference is, the better chance AU has of getting better talent and making runs at NCAA bids.

Granger 3 pt attempt....no good.. Spencer rebound and JAMS it home. 72-62. 3:36 to play. Media timeout.

Glad to get the traveling violation there but the official on the other side of the floor made the call and its not his call. He's not even supposed to be looking at the ball in that situation.

It's interesting to each how most teams run their offense right at the 3 point line but AU seems to be forced to run theirs from 30' from the basket.

Canty just not getting them to fall.

Where's my folks calling Grainger a liability?

I think they are playing tough.

Just outmanned

Tough maybe. Smart and disciplined? Not even a little.

Agree.

Canty drives to dunk and is fouled. 1st good. 2nd good. 81-69

Well that's a final folks. Auburn falls to South Carolina 81-69

Auburn hasn't defeated a ranked opponent since March 7, 2009 when they beat #12 LSU in Lebo's best season. We're now 0-22 against ranked teams since then.

We have been really bad at basketball for a long time but I believe we will start to turn that corner once we get healthy.

I'm not gonna be that guy that says we lost because of the officials but there is definitely an issue with college basketball officiating. Obvious calls not called/ momentum too big of a factor on a run for officials/ TRAVELING no calls. It tends to be pretty evenly called in the end a lot but it's like when your mom gets on you for helping an old man cross the street but gives you ice cream when you talk bad to your siblings. It evens out but it's not correct...

Idk weird analogy

Archived