Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

IDK enough about her writing to know......Tigerlilly was a good record.....Not complaining about 10,000......strokes for folks and 31 flavors....there is a little something for us all...

IDK enough about her writing to know......Tigerlilly was a good record.....Not complaining about 10,000......strokes for folks and 31 flavors....there is a little something for us all...

Totally agree! You can not account for a person's tastes in music. (I hope I did not imply differently.)

Tigerlilly was a very good CD!

Yep.....great music......Fagen and his wife have a place near here, they stay at sporadically. Interesting fella. Doing a little touring right now too....

They will be in Bham on April, 28th.......in Columbus, Ohio and Port Washington, before and after....

BJCC Concert Hall, I believe.

Edited by telling tiger

As a sailor, I have to put this here. Even though I never was in danger in my time in the U.S. Navy, all sailors have a brotherhood.

Not doing so bad yourself.....Beck is a highly creative musician and has made quite a name for himself in producing circles, too...

He has a highly unusual outlook on music and that is not a complaint.

Sorry to back up to the blues again, but I saw him perform in Memphis with Jimmy Ray Vaughn back in the mid 90's. To this day, one of the best shows I've ever seen.

Edited by Tiger Refuge

No need to apologize for bringing up blues. It's the basis for more music in the past 60 years than anything else. Without the blues, most of the music posted in this thread would have remained unrealized. Just about every musician in this thread has a blues influence Blues is one of the best things that ever happened to music. 80 percent of what I listen to is based somewhere in the blues. 80 percent of the music I play is based in blues. Blues is King of Kings...and is the home of kings... ( BB, Albert and Freddie ;) ). Stones, Zeppelin, Young, Hendrix, SRV...the list could go and go and go...all based out of the blues. It's hard to have a music thread without the blues...and if we did, it would probably be a classical music thread ;D

Ahhh, the magic days of their youth.

!!!!!!!

Only when I watched the Muscle Shoals documentary (absolute must watch for just about everybody who posts on this thread, but I get the feeling most of you have probably already seen it) did I learn that the backing band for Wilson Pickett's version of 'Hey Jude' was the Allman Brothers. Duane's solo is perfect. It's absolutely perfect.

You guys are taking me to music school. Much appreciated.

Sea Change is a top 5 album for me.

Edit: Sorry, I know this song isn't on Sea Change. Just giving Beck his props.

Edited by McLoofus

The list of artists who recorded, started, did sessions, produced and damn near anything else you can imagine musically, that worked in Fame or Muscle Shoals in general, reads like a music hall of fame and lifetime achievement. Dylan, Stones, Aretha, ABB, no reason to list these.....common knowledge for the musically inclined.

Small town, huge history. The area still pumps out talent today....hope it never dies...Other than AU, likely the thing that gives me the most pride in Alabama?

Muscle Shoals...

^I'm not good about focusing on lyrics when I listen to music- I've honestly had trouble deciphering them my whole life, and after years of turning it up to 11, I don't hear as well as I used to in general- so I really enjoy documentaries and stories that give further insight into what was happening when songs were written and albums were put out.

TL;DR- Keep it coming!

Lyrics are often a starting point for me.....the word is as much an instrument of the song to me as anything...I play and love more than a few instruments. So music is also very important to me...I simply feel the same way about a songs lyrical content...My memory stores lyrics like some people do boxscores...lol.

Documentary pieces are a great look behind the scenes and into the process many people never get...Video and tape recorded performances, in the day, led to a great marriage of music and artistic expression or performance reproduction in ways many never imagined. You almost can't separate music vids and music anymore. Part of the overall press kit and electronic press kit...

^I'm not good about focusing on lyrics when I listen to music- I've honestly had trouble deciphering them my whole life, and after years of turning it up to 11, I don't hear as well as I used to in general- so I really enjoy documentaries and stories that give further insight into what was happening when songs were written and albums were put out.

TL;DR- Keep it coming!

i am almost exactly like this. Only in the last couple years I have go interested in who wrote any song. The muscle shoals documentary was awesome.