Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

Every. Damn. Time. Turntup.

Side note. They were the headliner at the 94 Lollapalooza in NOLA at UNO outdoor. To this day, the best show/collection of artists I’ve seen live. They performed  this song as the sunset over the stage. If you could bottle the crowd energy during that performance, you could power a major city for several days.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Every. Damn. Time. Turntup.

Side note. They were the headliner at the 94 Lollapalooza in NOLA at UNO outdoor. To this day, the best show/collection of artists I’ve seen live. They performed  this song as the sunset over the stage. If you could bottle the crowd energy during that performance, you could power a major city for several days.

My wife's first concert was Lollapalooza that year, in Atlanta. She reports a similar experience. She's a huge Beasties fan and I think it's primarily because of that concert. Hate that I never saw them. But I did go to Adam Yauch Park in Brooklyn Heights 😕

• Love 1

Admittedly, I'm not the music aficionados that some of you folks are.  I've only really recently started listening to Chris Stapleton. That's pretty late to the game.  Dude is amazing. Vocals, lyrics, guitar, etc...

I've enjoyed watching other folks hear him for the first time.  Some of the reaction videos are pretty entertaining, but this one is one of the more genuine ones I've seen. These guys are great.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

Admittedly, I'm not the music aficionados that some of you folks are.  I've only really recently started listening to Chris Stapleton. That's pretty late to the game.  Dude is amazing. Vocals, lyrics, guitar, etc...

I've enjoyed watching other folks hear him for the first time.  Some of the reaction videos are pretty entertaining, but this one is one of the more genuine ones I've seen. These guys are great.

There is never a bad time to discover Chris Stapleton. He embodies all parts of music today. Behind the scenes grinder, uber talented singer/songwriter and humble. Super marketable.

• Like 3

Father's Day with Patterson Hood. Extremely good seats. First concert in a year and a half. 

A VERY good night. 

IMG_7528.jpg

This is weird, because I'm not here to plug anything. But I do a dumb podcast about Skynyrd. And somehow, the great Mike Cooley from Drive by Truckers came on as a guest. It's the coolest thing that's happened to me ... ever?

I recall some of you like the Truckers, so I thought I'd share. I'm looking at you, @McLoofusand maybe @fredst?

Anyway, if you ever wondered what it would be like to hear some random dude from the AUfamily board talk to Cooley for an hour, here's your chance. We talk about Alabama, songwriting, Skynyrd, and, yes ... politics. 

Oh, and he was even cooler than I had hoped. 

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/skynyrd-reconsydyrd-podcast/id1448425288?i=1000525946478

• Like 1
  • Love 2

On 6/21/2021 at 2:04 AM, cbo said:

Father's Day with Patterson Hood. Extremely good seats. First concert in a year and a half. 

A VERY good night. 

IMG_7528.jpg

Nice. Saw Tedeschi Trucks recently for first live show in forever. Damn, Derek Trucks can absolutely wear a guitar out….

• Like 1

On 6/20/2021 at 6:05 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

There is never a bad time to discover Chris Stapleton. He embodies all parts of music today. Behind the scenes grinder, uber talented singer/songwriter and humble. Super marketable.

I can't think of anyone other than Chris Stapleton who can do Whipping Post and make me think The Allman Brothers would approve.

• Like 2

Transformer blew up no power for a few hours tonight.................listening on my phone some really old music check out those mini shirts now those were really really the good old days........girls girls girls and more girls I love mini shirts and free love hippies

• Like 1

I know I have posted many times but this is still the best intro to a song imo best concerts in the world.............damn just don't make music like this anymore

• Like 2

12 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

the good old days........girls girls girls and more girls I love mini shirts and free love hippies

👍

I was in San Francisco during the summer and fall of 1969.  The free love hippie chicks were everywhere.  Precious memories.  😁

• Love 2

17 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I heard this song on the local college station. I just love the video that goes with it.

Videos can make the song sometimes 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Like 1
  • Love 3